PRE-GAME Prelim Final - Broncos vs. Roosters

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

My concern is with the desire to have at least 1 Sydney team in the GF, and the rorters are the last option

I'm not suggesting any conspiracies, just that the 50/50 calls might go the wrong way

My concern is with the desire to have at least 1 Sydney team in the GF, and the rorters are the last option

I'm not suggesting any conspiracies, just that the 50/50 calls might go the wrong way

Wouldn't the NRL want us in the Grand Final for the revenue it would bring to the game and all the TV ratings?

Wouldn't the NRL want us in the Grand Final for the revenue it would bring to the game and all the TV ratings?

We all know all the N(SW)RL care about is keeping their unsupporting Sydney audience happy and their idiotic reporters like Bullfrog and Rubbishfield.

I think the GF usually rates really well regardless of who plays in it.

yeah i cant imagine it making all that much difference who's in it. but i would still think broncos would out-rate most other teams.

Channel 9 care about TV ratings ...

The N(SW)RL care about Sydney teams being successful

Channel 9 care about TV ratings ...

The N(SW)RL care about Sydney teams being successful

The NRL won't see the value in putting the Roosters over the line yet again. They only won a premiership recently, Us and the Cows haven't been there for awhile.

The NRL won't see the value in putting the Roosters over the line yet again. They only won a premiership recently, Us and the Cows haven't been there for awhile.

Your assuming the NRL are logical...

I'm assuming the NRL are full if morons and idiots

:takdir:

the story of bennett returning "home" and bringing a title north is worth more to the NRL than the roosters winning the comp, again.

#conspiracyz

10000 broncos & cows fans travelling south for the GF is worth more to sydney tourism than the local jibberers bus'ing over to anz

#conspiracyz

Your assuming the NRL are logical...

I'm assuming the NRL are full if morons and idiots

:takdir:

Facetiousness aside, we should bear in mind going into this game that in terms of things to gain from the Grand Final, the Roosters probably offer the NRL the least of the 4 remaining sides. Allianz Stadium has been consistently empty all year, even despite the Rorters being contenders from the word go. Someone would have noticed.

Melbourne offer yet another chance to expand the game in Victoria which will be a juicy prospect but the NRL might also suspect that yet another Storm premiership wouldn't make for interesting headlines. Plus the disdain that fans have for Melbournes style of footy won't have gone unnoticed either.

Brisbane and Cowboys haven't been there for 8/9 years respectively, the Cows have never won a Premiership, J.T is nearing retirement age, Hodges is already retiring and could potentially retire as a premiership winning Captain, something even Locky couldn't do, if we win the Premiership Cozza will probably call it quits on a high as well, Wayne Bennett has returned to Brisbane and 1 year later led them to a GF and then last but not least the T.V and merchandise revenue gold mine that the state of QLD would immediately become in the leadup to the first all QLD Grand Final in NRL history.

I invite you, Gentlemen, to make like Newton and do the Math.

Facetiousness aside, we should bear in mind going into this game that in terms of things to gain from the Grand Final, the Roosters probably offer the NRL the least of the 4 remaining sides. Allianz Stadium has been consistently empty all year, even despite the Rorters being contenders from the word go. Someone would have noticed.

Melbourne offer yet another chance to expand the game in Victoria which will be a juicy prospect but the NRL might also suspect that yet another Storm premiership wouldn't make for interesting headlines. Plus the disdain that fans have for Melbournes style of footy won't have gone unnoticed either.

Brisbane and Cowboys haven't been there for 8/9 years respectively, the Cows have never won a Premiership, J.T is nearing retirement age, Hodges is already retiring and could potentially retire as a premiership winning Captain, something even Locky couldn't do, if we win the Premiership Cozza will probably call it quits on a high as well, Wayne Bennett has returned to Brisbane and 1 year later led them to a GF and then last but not least the T.V and merchandise revenue gold mine that the state of QLD would immediately become in the leadup to the first all QLD Grand Final in NRL history.

I invite you, Gentlemen, to make like Newton and do the Math.

Exactly a Broncos V Cowboys would be an absolute cracker of a contest and would rate the roof off all around the country.

Yet some people still are showing their Alex Jones

It's still sinking in that we're only 80 minutes away from a GF. Unreal.

The problem is, there is no need for the Cowboys and the Broncos. One of those will serve the purposes nicely. And there's more story in "possibly JT's last chance" than a Broncos revival. Having them up against NSW's showpiece side, in a quasi State Of Origin battle, is worth everything to the NRL.

the nrl is probably sick of JT and his whinging. the real star of the future is here and his name is anthony milford. the nrl would love to put his face on the front of everything for the 2016 season

#conspiracyz

the nrl is probably sick of JT and his whinging. the real star of the future is here and his name is anthony milford. the nrl would love to put his face on the front of everything for the 2016 season

#conspiracyz

Not to mention Ben Hunt, who is probably the heir apparent to the QLD halfback role.

"Overall, Brisbane have been awarded a total of 87 penalties at home this year, while only conceding 54 all up."

"
Both teams are equal on overall penalties awarded this year with an average of 5.8 a game. That puts them equal 13th on the overall NRL list."

interesting we heavily win the counts at home yet are so low overall on penalties "won" compared to the rest of the comp.

Pearce completed training today*.

*Pearce playing or not doesnt particularly worry me at all

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Lostboy
  • lynx000
  • RolledOates
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Foordy
  • levikaden
  • Browny
  • Fozz
  • Thelmus
  • Maddy
  • Xzei
  • Manlyman
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • broncos4life
  • Bucking Beads
  • RodF
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.