PRE-GAME [PRELIMINARY FINAL] Brisbane Broncos vs New Zealand Warriors at Lang Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's better than your last prediction.

Remember when Wolfie told you the Broncos would win by 26?

At least I have the balls to make predictions, mate? You just give summaries of games with no in-depth analysis. Storm are still alive and so we will see mate how it all goes

At least I have the balls to make predictions, mate? You just give summaries of games with no in-depth analysis. Storm are still alive and so we will see mate how it all goes
Oh so you show your head again after beating the half dead chooks

Here's my prediction, you'll get absolutely destroyed next week, similar to how you were absolutely destroyed by Broncos😘

Anyone else hope the knights win today so people will stop saying "the wahs"? It's cringe.
I’m interested to hear why you think ‘the wahs’ is cringey.
I know it’s not ‘the broncs’ or ‘the riff’ or ‘the storm’ or ‘the dogs’ or ‘the rabbits’ or ‘the cows’, just wondering why this much loved abbreviation by their fans bothers you so much. Genuinely interested how an abbreviation causes you to cringe.

The Wahs is good.. Like it and I first heard it from Warriors supporters!

No idea what will happen between Knights and Warriors as I haven't been watching much football. Wahs 1.54 favourites according to SportsBet.

Knights were so crap for a lot of the year... a lot may depend on the health of Ponga and SJ though, one of them goes down early.....

I’m interested to hear why you think ‘the wahs’ is cringey.
I know it’s not ‘the broncs’ or ‘the riff’ or ‘the storm’ or ‘the dogs’ or ‘the rabbits’ or ‘the cows’, just wondering why this much loved abbreviation by their fans bothers you so much. Genuinely interested how an abbreviation causes you to cringe.
I wouldnt say it bothers me so much. The riff is dumb imo. The rest are just a shortening of the name. I think its cringey because the wahs just seems like a short lived meme that's now run its course.

I wouldnt say it bothers me so much. The riff is dumb imo. The rest are just a shortening of the name. I think its cringey because the wahs just seems like a short lived meme that's now run its course.
Right o so the rabbits is the shortening of South Sydney Rabbitohs and the dogs is a shortening of the Canterbury Bulldogs. I thought 'the Wahs' was merely a shortening of the The New Zealand Warriors. i was never aware it was a short lived meme to be honest. I honestly thought it was and is how their fans refer to them in the same veign as the Rabbits, Cows, etc.

But on the face of it, it doesn't really bother you then? 😀

Don't come on here and pick a fight with @Big Pete mate, lesson 101 on Broncoshq. He is he best of us and could not be a nicer, fairer, more knowledgeable poster. You are on dangerous grounds here and we will protect him. If you come on to a Broncs forum talking trash against the Broncs, expect to get shot down. It isn't rocket science.

Come back when your team has scored against us in the last 80 mins.

Don't come on here and pick a fight with @Big Pete mate, lesson 101 on Broncoshq. He is he best of us and could not be a nicer, fairer, more knowledgeable poster. You are on dangerous grounds here and we will protect him. If you come on to a Broncs forum talking trash against the Broncs, expect to get shot down. It isn't rocket science.

Come back when your team has scored against us in the last 80 mins.
All for standing up for big Pete but I wouldn’t be tempting fate by going too hard at the Melbourne Storm.

I’m sure after tonight that the fans of the losing team might also want to divest themselves of tickets they bought on the off chance their team would make it.

It would be extremely optimistic of Newcastle fans to buy GF tickets and NZ fans, well NZ is a fair way away.

Right o so the rabbits is the shortening of South Sydney Rabbitohs and the dogs is a shortening of the Canterbury Bulldogs. I thought 'the Wahs' was merely a shortening of the The New Zealand Warriors. i was never aware it was a short lived meme to be honest. I honestly thought it was and is how their fans refer to them in the same veign as the Rabbits, Cows, etc.

But on the face of it, it doesn't really bother you then? 😀
More of an eye roll type thing.... A quick google because i was interested of the origin brought up this article which mentions the nzwarrriors.com fan forum to which "A poll in the thread, which runs to over 200 posts, showed 87% of voters picking Warriors over Wahs"

I can’t help thinking “up the wahs” rhymes with “up the ass” and that’s all I hear when people say it. In fact, I often wonder if that’s how it originated

Good Luck Charlie What GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Xzei
  • Wild Horse
  • Harry Sack
  • bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  • GCBRONCO
  • Skathen
  • Morkel
  • Midean
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncos4life
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Manlyman
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Lurker
  • Matheos
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.