10. Ese'ese
11. Glenn
12. Su'a
13. Arrow

14. KNik
15. TPJ
16. Dodds
17. Fai

This is on the assumption that Boyd, Oates, Milford, Sims, Gillett, Thaiday, McGuire all play origin.

0% chance Milford plays origin this year, so you can probably leave him in the team. I'd say Sims is a long shot as well personally, he's been "ok" for us so far, but there's still better performing forwards out there.

1. Allan
2. Pearson
3. Roberts
4. Moga
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Sims
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Pangai Jr
13. Arrow

14. Su'A
15. Ese'ese
16. Fai
17. Haas

Edit: Wait, is Haas ineligible this season? His DOB is December 1999, which would make him 17 during origin period

Our attack doesn't bother me at the moment. It's only round 4. What bothers me is the fact that our two halves still can't close out a game and make the right decision when we need to.

If our halves get their shit togeather, learn to play togeather and find a way to improve on making the right decisions late in the game and not make stupid plays then yes we are contenders. If our halves don't we will continue to lose close games which will eventually cost us our season.

0% chance Milford plays origin this year, so you can probably leave him in the team. I'd say Sims is a long shot as well personally, he's been "ok" for us so far, but there's still better performing forwards out there.

1. Allan
2. Pearson
3. Roberts
4. Moga
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Sims
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Pangai Jr
13. Arrow

14. Su'A
15. Ese'ese
16. Fai
17. Haas

Edit: Wait, is Haas ineligible this season? His DOB is December 1999, which would make him 17 during origin period

That's a pretty dam good side actually.. We might win a game or 2 through origin.

P.s Wheres Marshal and Mead?

Edit: My mistake. I just assumed that they (Marshal and Mead) would be in the side, but thinking about it they probs dont make the cut. I feel bad for those guys lol.

Last edited:
Once milford finds his form I feel that is when our attack will click. Once this happens I feel that are contenders. Like I mentioned at the start of the season if we have good defence(ala 2015) then we will win the comp.

Just looking at these origin team lists made me noticed that we are going to lose our whole second row. Does anyone feel that the broncos second row will also be the QLD's second row or do you feel that maybe Thaiday or McGuire might come off the bench?

It's a good sign that two of our bench forwards in Ese'Ese and Pangai are dominating, Arrow is playing well as well. Our pack is looking quite intimidating this year imo, and our defense is class.

We got duded big time by refs in the Cows and Storm games, and still only just lost despite playing like St George in attack.

That's a pretty dam good side actually.. We might win a game or 2 through origin.

P.s Wheres Marshal and Mead?

Edit: My mistake. I just assumed that they (Marshal and Mead) would be in the side, but thinking about it they probs dont make the cut. I feel bad for those guys lol.

Apparently Marshall is playing fullback for Redcliffe, so it wouldn't shock me if he's the first choice #1 through the origin period, assuming he's not injured or playing like absolute crap (Both major possibilities)

Though the Broncos are sloppy as hell at the moment one senses they are on the cusp of very (intentional) changes and improvements in areas of their game.

Hunt is looking to kick more purposefully and into space would you believe? Macca is kicking more. Kahu kicks field goals. We are taking the quick tap more often instead of the 2 points. Our forward pack this year is frikken staunch and our young bench of beasts are backing them up. Bennett is persisting with the 104kg Moga at center. And don't forget, we have that new supposedly genius attack coach at the club.

There is something going on at the Broncos this year. So, I'm gonna have a little faith and say we are contenders for sure - there is nothing BUT improvement in this football team.

I thought WB would persist with Moga at centre, he looks a lil lost sometimes and some efforts are less than desirable

Here is our origin side

1. Kahu
2. Mead
3. Moga
4. Roberts
5. Pearson
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Sims
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Pangai Jnr
13. Arrow

14. Ese-ese
15. Sa'u
16. Dodds/Ofaengahue
17. Nikorima/Marshall

I don't think milf or sims will make the origin side

I don't think we're contenders yet.

Still way too many errors in our game to be taken seriously. Our ability over the last few weeks to make an error and then compound it with a penalty is downright Griffin-esque.

Our defence is great - I just wish we didn't have to do so much of it.

On the plus side - Ben Hunt has surged back into form. If you remove the golden point period against the Cowboys he's been outstanding.

The defence is rock solid which is a great platform to start the season with. Our attack has stuttered a bit but we can improve on that throughout the year.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Harry Sack
  • Financeguy
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Organix
  • Midean
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Browny
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • Justwin
  • Foordy
  • mieko
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.