Pretenders or contenders?

It wouldn't surprise me if the Dragons turn out to be the Broncos toughest match-up heading into the finals. They were playing for their lives, they have one of the best packs in the competition and they weren't afraid to chance their arm against Brisbane. I've seen Dragons fans try and play down their sides effort, but they would have beaten a lot of sides based on what they showed at Suncorp and all it came down to was the cover defence from the Broncos.

I've got a feeling the Broncos will use the Eels game to make a statement and will go from there. There was a lot of feeling the last time these two teams met, but the Eels can't hope to be as good as they were that evening and the Broncos have improved since then. I'm expecting a big win from the Broncos and if they deliver then all bets are off come the finals series.

I feel like the broncos had a licence to offload at will against the dragons. Almost like they were instructed to practice the offloading because Blair in particular attempted it a lot without Bennett cracking the shits. Something is definitely brewing and the eels better watch out.

No but we would have paid dearly against a decent team with how little respect for possession we showed last night. I just hope Bennett will drill them on that.
Yeah but you can't expect perfect football every week. Watch the press conference

No they don't, they've won a lot of scrappy games. They've also lost to Gold Coast Titans and Eels.
The Gold Coast game was when Titans were going alright and if my memory serves me right the Eels game was when Storm rested a few

Last year I was fairly critical and negative about the side (and I believe rightfully so). I believe we are red hot contenders and I believe we are likely to win this year. I said to my wife about 8-10 weeks ago that I felt something was brewing for us and that it was our year this year. So I hope I am channeling Nostradamus and not Nostrildamus.

actually I like the top 4 as it is. Reckon we can beat both the chooks and the sharks and also I reckon the chooks and sharks can beat the storm in a prelim final.

If it stays as is, I reckon we can win it.

Just watched the highlights of our last 3 games. We let in a total of 4 tries, 1 was a dropped bomb where Lafai picked up and fell over the line, another was a dropped ball where Beale picked up and passed for an easy try, one a short late grubber behind the line and a charging Luke Lewis from 5 metres out at Milford. Quite outstanding if i may say!

I think what I've liked the most about the last few weeks is that we have been damn entertaining to watch.

Sure we've been a bit scrappy and anything but clinical, but there has been very few rehearsed plays just good ball movement, offloading, hard running at the gaps and strong defense.

It's all positive stuff.

So I think we all agree melbourne are the team to beat. Interested to hear people's thoughts on what the best way to beat them is?

I know I have quiet a few ideas in my head but putting them on paper is a different story. I don't think you can get into the grind with them because the big three control the game so well. I also don't think teams throw enough at cronk, smith and Munster. Yess they're talented players and good defenders but they're still only human. Forcing them to do heavy a defensive load hopefully reduces their effectiveness in later stages io the game where they always seem to beat us (except when they flog us 50-0)

We beat Melbourne last year Round 25, it can be done. Broncos have the ability but it comes down to execution, we absolutely can beat Storm. If we dictate terms and execute well like we did in round 25 we can get them.

We beat Melbourne last year Round 25, it can be done. Broncos have the ability but it comes down to execution, we absolutely can beat Storm. If we dictate terms and execute well like we did in round 25 we can get them.

King Wallys pet play.

So I think we all agree melbourne are the team to beat. Interested to hear people's thoughts on what the best way to beat them is?

I know I have quiet a few ideas in my head but putting them on paper is a different story. I don't think you can get into the grind with them because the big three control the game so well. I also don't think teams throw enough at cronk, smith and Munster. Yess they're talented players and good defenders but they're still only human. Forcing them to do heavy a defensive load hopefully reduces their effectiveness in later stages io the game where they always seem to beat us (except when they flog us 50-0)

Round 25, 2016.

That's how you beat them.

Ben Ikin and Paul Kent said on NRL 360 that the way the NRL games is going at the moment the Broncos look like the main contender to beat Melbourne this year.

This is after both said that they didn't have the Broncos in their top 8 at the start of th season.

Ben Ikin and Paul Kent said on NRL 360 that the way the NRL games are going at the moment the Broncos look like the main contender to beat Melbourne this year.

This is after both said that they didn't have the Broncos in their top 8 at the start of th season.
A lot of analysts didn't have the Broncos as playoff contenders citing their small pack as the reason. The forwards haven't done anything special but having the best backline in the business has cancelled out any weaknesses in the engine room. A WB coached club always feature in the post season. Anyone who predicts against that is really putting him/herself out there.

A lot of analysts didn't have the Broncos as playoff contenders citing their small pack as the reason. The forwards haven't done anything special but having the best backline in the business has cancelled out any weaknesses in the engine room. A WB coached club always feature in the post season. Anyone who predicts against that is really putting him/herself out there.
The forwards in the last few weeks have been special. The forwards gain the momentum for the backs to play off

And 2 members of our back line are big enough to be forwards - Moga and Oates. They help.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • GCBRONCO
  • Manlyman
  • Brocko
  • jd87
  • Cavalo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Jazza
  • Alec
  • Volvo Driver
  • Painin the Haas
  • Johnny92
  • The Strapper
  • Bish
  • Mister Wright
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lurker
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.