Pretenders or contenders?

I think Milford showed improvement again last night. Especially with his kicking game.

... and his play making is becoming more accomplished, along with his running game. Someone else mentioned his patience - yes, I think that is a clear sign he is maturing, and with that, the whole side lifts.

Definite contenders with Milf getting better every week, controlling the middle, and now, all we need is to re-startr our right side back to how it was a week or 2 ago

... and his play making is becoming more accomplished, along with his running game. Someone else mentioned his patience - yes, I think that is a clear sign he is maturing, and with that, the whole side lifts.

Definite contenders with Milf getting better every week, controlling the middle, and now, all we need is to re-startr our right side back to how it was a week or 2 ago

Definitely becoming a more well rounded playmaker.

So obvious that he thrives when he is in control and the main man.

Can see in no way we will lose to the cows their side is so fucked with the injuries could be a blowout and end their top 8 chances

Can see in no way we will lose to the cows their side is so fucked with the injuries could be a blowout and end their top 8 chances

If we take them seriously, yes. Sometimes we do seem to get ambushed by lesser sides with a lot of heart though.

The problem is that I have found now with the Broncos, if they don't drop a game before the finals, We will have peaked a bit early

This is what I've had in the back of my mind too..

I'm hoping we have big possession wins over eels and cowboys to stay fresh. Then win the first game of the finals to gain that next week off.

Will be interesting.

I think our performance was better then then roosters and sharks this weekend. Roosters were terrible tonight in my opinion. They had so much ball and the try they scored to win the game was pure luck. I will admit their left side looks dangerous though.

The sharks were the same. They were playing a 2nd string cowboys team with 1 person on the bench with all the ball and failed to do anything.

Storm...>Broncos......................the rest

Mmmm, there's a spot for me on the fence ! I put my hand up and say I wrote we cannot win it this year however the much better balanced team we have now has a chance. We do seem to have improved to the point where we are only just behind Melbourne who continue to set the high mark.

The much maligned Sharks gave us the perfect blueprint in last years gf. That game was won in the first half where Melbourne simply could not score. The Sharks were brutal and if we make it and are to beat them, almost certain grand finalists, we must give Blair Mick Ennis's job. Namely he has to upset them, hit them around the chops, unsettle them early. Yes, play a little dirty.....

We aren't as good as Melbourne but we can be for just one day so yes, I change my mind, we are genuine contenders.......but not if we struggle in these last two games.

Didn't the Sharks splutter a few games before accelerating again from about round 25 last year? No reason we can't go all the way. Last week wasn't great but it was a whole better than we played against the Eels. That in itself shows improvement and I think we had both eyes on payback this week anyway.

Didn't the Sharks splutter a few games before accelerating again from about round 25 last year? No reason we can't go all the way. Last week wasn't great but it was a whole better than we played against the Eels. That in itself shows improvement and I think we had both eyes on payback this week anyway.

There's probably a bit of caution to the way we are playing now that the finals are around the corner. The last thing we need is another injury or suspension. We'll probably see the broncos ramp up against the cowboys then week 1 of finals will be at full steam.

If we finish second who would we prefer to play sharks or roosters

If we finish second who would we prefer to play sharks or roosters
Probably roosters. I don't know what it is about them but they just don't scare me as a team. I feel like they've over achieved this year massively. The sharks have as well but they have so much experience and belief in themselves they could go up a gear in 1 or 2 games

Probably roosters. I don't know what it is about them but they just don't scare me as a team. I feel like they've over achieved this year massively. The sharks have as well but they have so much experience and belief in themselves they could go up a gear in 1 or 2 games
Neither side scare me but both are capable of great things on their day=cannot count them out.

I would rather play the Storm.

That would show us where we're at and whether we are actual contenders.

A 15-7 record and sitting in second automatically makes us contenders. The Storm may appear to be a far superior side but playoff footy is different in intensity and pressure levels and the unexpected can happen. If I didn't think the Broncos were a shot, then I wouldn't waste my time watching the rest of the season.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Dragons turn out to be the Broncos toughest match-up heading into the finals. They were playing for their lives, they have one of the best packs in the competition and they weren't afraid to chance their arm against Brisbane. I've seen Dragons fans try and play down their sides effort, but they would have beaten a lot of sides based on what they showed at Suncorp and all it came down to was the cover defence from the Broncos.

I've got a feeling the Broncos will use the Eels game to make a statement and will go from there. There was a lot of feeling the last time these two teams met, but the Eels can't hope to be as good as they were that evening and the Broncos have improved since then. I'm expecting a big win from the Broncos and if they deliver then all bets are off come the finals series.

We wont finish 4th .
Having 2 finals at suncorp will really help the boys knowing nearly everyone there is behind them and would boost them up

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Battler
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.