Qld Fans Vs. NSW Fans

I hate to say it and appear to be agreeing with Shaun, especially at this time of year......but I've been to a few games at Suncorp and the atmosphere wasn't great.

Emma said:
I hate to say it and appear to be agreeing with Shaun, especially at this time of year......but I've been to a few games at Suncorp and the atmosphere wasn't great.

Really doesn't help with the fun police that act as security at Lang Park. They were in full force last night...it was horrible.

The Rock said:
And you don't have to tell me about Broncos fans in Brisbane, I've been to 4 games there and they have ALL lacked any sort of atomosphere ESPECIALLY since all crowds were over 30,000 and it's held in the best rugby league stadium in the world.
hold the phone guys, rockys been to 4 games in Queensland - hes obviously an expert on Queensland crowds.

ive only been to 1 titans home game, and it was at cararra, and sure most of the people knew nothing about football - but they were very vocal, having fun, and it was a good atmosphere even in the rain.

Coxy said:
Emma said:

Really doesn't help with the fun police that act as security at Lang Park. They were in full force last night...it was horrible.
Oh I completely agree, it's mostly not the fault of the fans. It's the dumb security that take issue with everything. Maybe that's the difference - down here security let dickhead fans get away with anything!

And Rock knows because he has been here 4 times.

The Rock said:
ningnangnong said:
[quote="The Rock":1llhdxs4]
lynx000 said:
Just as a point of interest, so I can assess the weight to be given to your opinions about this Rock, how many games have you attended of the Cowboys at home, the Titans at Skilled Park and the Broncos in Brisbane, either ANZ or Suncorp?

I've never attended a Cowboys or Titans game, but my points are validated by you Brisbane folk, including Coxy who reckons Titans fans at Skilled have NFI about the game, I've heard it many times. As for the Cowboys, look at their crowds - Clearly they lack support when Thurston ain't playing. And you don't have to tell me about Broncos fans in Brisbane, I've been to 4 games there and they have ALL lacked any sort of atomosphere ESPECIALLY since all crowds were over 30,000 and it's held in the best rugby league stadium in the world.

That's funny.

I've been to three games at Suncorp Stadium when the Broncos were playing, and they've all had brilliant atmosphere.

I've been to way more games in NSW than I have in Brisbane, and it just doesn't compare. Atmosphere at Suncorp > atmosphere at any ground in NSW.

Hahah what? Do you HONESTLY belive that the atmosphere at a Broncos game always beats any atmosphere in NSW? Are you dead serious? You've even saying that it "doesn't compare". LOLZ! Don't get me wrong, there are some shocker atmopshere's in NSW but when you compare the 2 properly (for example, a 25,000 Bulldogs crowd at ANZ compared to a 34,000 Broncos crowd at Suncorp) they don't compare - NSW comes out in front which is strange considering the stadium that is built for Suncorp is supposed to be for good atomosphere.[/quote:1llhdxs4]

Doggies games go off, the crowd is so vocal because every second person is getting flogged up or stabbed by the nice people from Western Sydney.

The Rock said:
Hahah what? Do you HONESTLY belive that the atmosphere at a Broncos game always beats any atmosphere in NSW? Are you dead serious? You've even saying that it "doesn't compare". LOLZ! Don't get me wrong, there are some shocker atmopshere's in NSW but when you compare the 2 properly (for example, a 25,000 Bulldogs crowd at ANZ compared to a 34,000 Broncos crowd at Suncorp) they don't compare - NSW comes out in front which is strange considering the stadium that is built for Suncorp is supposed to be for good atomosphere.

Yeah, I honestly believe that.

Also, learn how to spell.

The Rock said:
Emma said:

Let me just add too, I went to the World Cup Final in Brisbane in 2008 and the atmosphere was outstanding.

And on that night I barely recall seeing any security.

Last night I know of:
- a kid's vuvuzela being confiscated, despite assurances from his parents that he wouldn't use it again
- Aeetee was warned for climbing over the back of his seat to go take a piss at half time...they'd prefer you climb over everyone else sitting in the aisle
- QLDER and co were warned to put their shirts back on, so their tradition of wearing QLD painted on their bare chests was broken

Last season against Penrith:
- usher came down basically to warn Aeetee for being psycho after yelling out some tackling advice to Karmichael Hunt after letting in a try
- Same usher has been seen warning people for cheering too loudly
- other security have got involved when one fan yells and gestures to an opposition fan in the aisle next to them - totally in fun and not aggressive at all, just good banter

Every single game:
- don't dare stand in the 50cm strip on the concourse behind the seats at either end..."no standing on the concourse". But of course, you can stand on the other side of the 50cm strip, thus blocking the main thoroughfare for the other 30000 people trying to get to their seats, the toilets, the canteens etc.

Fucking joke.

Honestly, Suncorp Stadium security is an utter farce.

Okay, five games. Ahhh that explains everything, someone had the temerity to tell you to be quiet, and you received some dirty looks. *nods*

Lol, it's the security that keeps the fans quiet.

Also, just look at the crowd figures. We have a higher average crowd than any of the NSW teams.

I know this was discussed in League Talk a few weeks ago but I thought I'd bring it up again.

The most important thing is...NSW can't play footy.

Coxy said:
Last season against Penrith:
- usher came down basically to warn Aeetee for being psycho after yelling out some tackling advice to Karmichael Hunt after letting in a try

I remember this so well! Freakin' hilarious Tee was speechless (which is saying something!)

Yeah those Sydney crowds are so awesome with their support and attendance to the games.

league-extra.jpg

Not so much.

Agree with coxy on this. The security is appalling. We had 4 meatheads come up to us and say, in the angriest tone possible "shirts back on. final warning or ur out". and they stood there over us while i rummaged through my bag to get all ours shirts. fucking jerks

We had a few Blues fans in front of us last night. One bloke walked across us with his beers, and accidentally spilt a drop or two on one of the blokes in front of us, and he full-on upped him for about 10 minutes. I know having beer spilt on you is far from a pleasant experience but mate FFS, get over it, a few drops won't kill you and it was only an accident!! Those boys left the game 10 minutes into the second half too. Losers.

Can we complain about the disgraceful acts of security at Suncorp?? Why shouldn't we be able to yell when we want or take our shirts off if we want???

I'm not sure if its any better having 10,000 people (yobbos) screaming and swearing their passion away at a footy game - or 35,000 showing up every game and cheering - albeit relatively politely - but still cheering.

I admit, the atmosphere at some (not all) Broncos games lack what they did back at the old Lang Park - but at least people are showing up and showing support. Like others have said, most people would like to be louder but the fun police don't allow it. This though has been brought on my wankers that went over the top with yelling, swearing and general drunken stupid behaviour.

Is there anything anybody can do about Suncorp security?

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • lynx000
  • Harry Sack
  • Brocko
  • Johnny92
  • Organix
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • Galah
  • simplythebest
  • Dash
  • Battler
  • Lostboy
  • Bish
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.