Qld Fans Vs. NSW Fans

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Queensland fans are about a million times better.

Watching on the telly last night, not once did I hear the crowd stop cheering. It was effing immense. It was just an 80 minute long party, relentless.

You go to a NSW game and the fans there are hopeless. In game one, that 'Blatchy's Blues' group put up about one chant, after that nothing. NSW supporters are pathetic. They're a joke to the game.

Except when they started screaming out QUEENSLANDER during the minutes silence, that was pretty gutless.

Does anyone know when the coloured afros came in? They piss me off. Not for any reason other than they look dumb, but they still piss me off.

Bannermania said:
Except when they started screaming out QUEENSLANDER during the minutes silence, that was pretty gutless.

Yeah there is always some dickhead who has to ruin it. That was pretty disgusting.

I've also noticed that a lot of NSW supporters also don't want their club players playing Origin, just so they don't miss any NRL games. Oh and they think Origin is dying because they are losing. I don't get this, when QLD was losing, I was supporting them more and more. QLD supporters are superior.

Bannermania said:

I said as much in the match thread, but you can't really do anything about that.

As Scotty said, there's always one dumb prick who will ruin it.

QLD supporters are the best supporters EVER :D out of interest what was the minutes silence for. it was quite loud at the party I was at. and us QLDers didn't stop giving it to the blues fans at the party [icon_evillaugh

597945-israel-folau.jpg

Foordy said:
QLD supporters are the best supporters EVER :D out of interest what was the minutes silence for. it was quite loud at the party I was at. and us QLDers didn't stop giving it to the blues fans at the party [icon_evillaugh

The two diggers who were killed in Afghanistan last week.

i cant really say if our fans are better or not, since there were no NSW fans at the match last night to compare to lol. whats the bet they'll be giving away 5 free tickets to match 3 with every latte purchase in Sydney over the next 3 weeks?

I seriously don't care if the only people at game 3 are sitting in the QLD supporters bay, we'll probably make more noise than the rest of the crowd would have anyway!

I thought it was really stupid when those idiots yelled out during the minute silence. It ALWAYS happens though, which is such a shame.

Other than that, I have never been to an Origin game in NSW, but here in QLD, the fans are psychos. Just hearing the "QUEENSLANDER" chant again and again gave me goosebumps. The whole stadium was just electric! I feel sorry for those people who's never been to an Origin game at Suncorp. It's the best atmosphere ever.

I wonder how many NSW fans will turn up to Game 3? Maybe none?

60 seconds silence at a football match has no place. I'm sorry. They used to do about 20 seconds for such things, which was ample time.

Nashy said:
60 seconds silence at a football match has no place. I'm sorry. They used to do about 20 seconds for such things, which was ample time.

Aeetee had a good suggestion last night. Instead of a minute's silence, how about a minute of applause and cheering? More appropriate tribute for the audience in question.

I think an announcement of thanks, and telling the crowd to remember is enough at an origin match. That's just me.

Although the above would be alright.

I have been to one origin match in Sydney and the whole crowd booed Willie Mason when he came on. I couldn't believe that the crowd were booing one of their own players!!!!! Personally there are some players in the Qld team that I don't particularly like/support - BUT when they are wearing that Maroon jersey they are MY team and there is no way in hel it would enter my head to actually boo them (at worst I will just stay silent instead of cheering them, but even that would be rare)

Hot crowd last night. To be expected at the Lang Park fixture. It'll be good with two games next year.

Oh, so Melbourne's not getting a game anymore?

GOOD!

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • scobie
  • theshed
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Johnny92
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Financeguy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Jedhead
  • Kev_Guz
  • Dash
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • leon.bott
  • Midean
  • Broncorob
  • BroncosAlways
  • dasherhalo
  • Broncosgirl
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.