QLD Game 1 Origin Team

Just hope Macca, McGuire, and Jimmy pull up well.

Slater has retired from rep footy after this series

If we win by 34, I will put a photo of your head in the banner for the entire next day.

Edit: You will put a photo in the banner....

If we don't, it's that photo from his lounge room in the banner instead.

Nah. Mine's better.

28retiring2-articleLarge.jpg

QRL MEDIA RELEASE

Six players will help bolster Camp Maroon as preparations build for Game I of the Harvey Norman State of Origin series next Wednesday, June 6.
Dale Copley, Brenko Lee, Moses Mbye, Anthony Milford, Joe Ofahengaue and Jaydn Su'A will run with the team on Thursday and Friday of this week.
Coach Kevin Walters has called in the additional players as extras to the squad announced on Monday.
As the state undergoes a changing of the guard with several stalwarts retiring from the representative arena, Walters sees the move as an important part in the team's transition.
Not only will the additional players help bolster the squad with extra numbers for training drills, but it will also be an invaluable step in their development as possible Maroons of the future.
Of the six extra players, only Milford has played State of Origin previously.
Selectors will decide on an 18th man closer to the game.

Copley!! MBye. Future is f***ed. Oates was dudded twice.

The 3 Broncs selected are good picks.

Can we make Boyd’s rest longer than 17 days. Welcome him back when he can run a full 100 without pulling out for fear of hammy tears.

What the **** does Kevvie have against Oates? It's pretty fucking weird to be honest.

Maybe Kevvie asked Oates but Oates was busy that week washing his hair.

Why doesn't Oates get a run?

I mean, Copley is there FFS.
I'm pretty sure it's more about getting guys in there that have never experienced it.

Milf was the only one that had played before... which might show he's higher up the pecking order than what's been let on through media

I'm pretty sure it's more about getting guys in there that have never experienced it.

Milf was the only one that had played before... which might show he's higher up the pecking order than what's been let on through media

Logic doesn’t track. Never played before so no Oates but pick Milf. Milf higher in pecking order so he comes in but Oates isn’t higher than Copley?

I imagine Milf is cover for Hunt. Why not have Oates in there to let him know he’s highly regarded for the future?

Logic doesn’t track. Never played before so no Oates but pick Milf. Milf higher in pecking order so he comes in but Oates isn’t higher than Copley?

I imagine Milf is cover for Hunt. Why not have Oates in there to let him know he’s highly regarded for the future?
Kevvie came out on 360 tonight and said they are there for the experience... and he actually forgot Copley's name.

To me the only ones there as actual cover are Milf and maybe Offa. All the others are there for the ride.

If a winger goes down they can call someone in, this isn't a typical NRL game where they pick 21 and they're stuck with it.

Do you think Ponga wouldn't replace Slater if he went down... if macca goes down are they not going to pull someone in as cover??

Oates played a full series so hardly needs to be there for the experience... or is Brenko above him as well.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Maddy
  • Sproj
  • sooticus
  • Fitzy
  • Morkel
  • Wild Horse
  • bb_gun
  • Locky field goal
  • Cavalo
  • mystico
  • Allo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Brocko
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Rookie Alan
  • Harry Sack
  • Spoon
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.