QLD- will they do it?

Beads6 said:
Why bother arguing with him JEB?? QUEENSLANDER doesn't like Thaiday at all and doesn't want hime picked for that reason/ Your wasting your breat you know very well Thaiday will be picked. Shillington is a myth IMO he is big but thats about it..

Good point!!!

Final sides. Assuming Hodges is fit.

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Folau
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Crocker
12. Harrison
13. Johnson
-----------------------
14. Myles
15. Hannant
16. Thaiday
17. Hunt

Had to include Harrison after his performance this afternoon, and took others' arguments on board with regards to him as well.

Crocker, Harrison, Johnson...is it just me or is that just a really bad back row? Johnson and Harrison seem similar players, and Crocker is an absolute myth. He's there solely to give away penalties and be an on field **** (which I admit has merit if the cum guzzlers pick Ennis).

I reckon if you pick Thaiday he has to start. He'll give you 70 minutes easily and **** up NSW out wide (if they use him that way).

I'd still go:

1. Hunt
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Folau
6. Lockyer (c)
7. Prince
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Thaiday
12. Myles
13. Johnson

14. Crocker
15. Hannant
16. Harrison
17. Slater

Late thoughts;

Is Hunt the best option as utility back? Do we really think Slater can't handle the opening exchanges at Fullback?

Does Hunt deserve that utility spot?

Also, Crocker at Origin after so soon back on the field?

If you don't pick Crocker, who do you pick? Costagame?

Queensland lacks genuine back row options.

Hammoz said:
Late thoughts;

Is Hunt the best option as utility back? Do we really think Slater can't handle the opening exchanges at Fullback?

Slater is our Ennis, his brilliance could win us a game but his glory hog antics could us them as well. I'd rather not see either on the bench but I don't want to see Slater at fullback for the whole game.

And Crocker has played 171 minutes in two games, his fitness won't be an issue.

Well we played with Harrison, Crocker and Johnson in the back row for game 2 and won 30 nil. I'd be fine with starting Myles or Thaiday for Crocker but all of them should be there somewhere.

Hammoz said:
Late thoughts;

I really think Hunt showed enough last year in the back row (or where ever he came on) to deserve the bench spot, especially in defence.

I'm not as much of a Slater fan as some people, but I've accepted that he will be at fullback for most of the game. If the NSW forwards get on top early then he gets smashed, and if he gets smashed he tends to go missing. Hunt's toughness is astounding, he can absorb all that and still be just as good later in the game.

Hammoz said:
Late thoughts;

LOL [icon_drun

schmix said:
Hammoz said:
Late thoughts;

I really think Hunt showed enough last year in the back row (or where ever he came on) to deserve the bench spot, especially in defence.

I'm not as much of a Slater fan as some people, but I've accepted that he will be at fullback for most of the game. If the NSW forwards get on top early then he gets smashed, and if he gets smashed he tends to go missing. Hunt's toughness is astounding, he can absorb all that and still be just as good later in the game.

That is exactly why Hunt will get picked. Slater is soft he is onyl good when there is big holes for him to run through.

Hammoz said:
Late thoughts;

Yes Hunt should be the utility back. I shouldn't need to tell you Hammo that origin is intense as the odour which emanates from Priceys jocks after a training run, particularly early on in the match. Hunt deals with it a lot better than Slater does in the early exchanges, when it cools off a bit and our forwards have (hopefully) gotten the upper hand, Hunt should shift to the backrow while Slater comes on at fullback. Worked a treat last year so lets keep it goin.

Crocker brings a bit of mongrel and aggression to the QLD pack. We need a good enforcer who at the same time doesn't give away stupid penalties. His fitness is fine as well as Fozz pointed out.

I still think this should be the QLD pack/bench

8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civo
11. Crocker
12. Thaiday
13. Harrison (I rate him the highest out of our 80min lock options. Equals everyone in defence and adds more in attack)

14. Slater
15. Myles
16. Hannant (Shillington has dropped some form whereas Hannant has been consistent)
17. Costigan

IMO that is our best possible forward pack and bench. icon_thumbs_u

Foordy said:
IMO, the team that should be named on Tuesday to play game 1:

1. Hunt
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Folau
6. Lockyer
7. Prince (but i'm sure Thurston will be picked here)
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Crocker
12. Thaiday
13. Harrison

14. Slater (goes to full back when he comes on with Hunt into back row, ala 2008)
15. Kenny
16. Hannant
17. Myles

Kenny won't get picked, he's still a bit off origin, gets dominated a bit too much I reckon.

This will be the team, barring injuries:

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Hodges
4. Inglis
5. Folau
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Crocker
12. Myles
13. Johnson

14. Hunt
15. Hannant
16. Thaiday
17. Harrison

The problem is if Hunt is gonna move to the backrow when Slater comes on, I don't think it's worth having 2 workhorses out of Harrison, Stagg, Johnson etc in the team. Especially considering the minutes Thaiday has been putting in recently and the same with Crocker (even though he's only been back for 2 games). I just think there is only so much those players can add when there is more than one of them... Costigan will add a lot more impact and aggression too.

Haha that's alright rocky, if you blokes pick Gallen he'll match all three of them together :P ;)

I actually think Stagg has shown more than "workhorse" mentality this year at the Bulldogs. I think you could use him off the bench as a wide running back rower. He's actually busting tackles this year.

Plus he has some ball skills.

I'd rather him as the "ball playing back row benchman" than Costigan.

And agree with Scotty that Harrison is superior to Johnson. But as everyone points out with Thurston, the proven players get rewarded for Queensland, despite how much better the alternative is.

So Johnson and Thurston will play, despite the fact the Prince-Harrison combination would be dynamite.

Is Henry assistant coach again?

If he is, it's stupid to throw Prince there. Why try to get to know another player in a week when you can have your own captain in the team.

Nashy said:
Is Henry assistant coach again?

If he is, it's stupid to throw Prince there. Why try to get to know another player in a week when you can have your own captain in the team.

yeah Henry will be assistant coach again

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • Strop
  • Aldo
  • broncs30
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncotville
  • Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.