QLD- will they do it?

I would have out of the race for lock/dependable tackling forward as follows

Harrison>Luck>Stagg>Johnson However, its a non-issue Johnson will be lock and I think we lose out picking Harrison aswell as Johnson.

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Folau
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civo
11. Crocker
12. Thaiday
13. Harrison

14. Hunt
15. Myles
16. Shilington
17. Costigan

looking at Gymp's team, i see nowhere to put hannant. i think shillington has to be there, as does myles. I think it should come down to thaiday and hannant for a bench spot with myles starting

Frankly in Gymp's team I'd leave out Costagame and put Hannant on the bench. No point having Crocker and Costagame in the same team.

Yeah it was a toss up between Costigan and Hannant and seeing as NSW are bound to go light due to having very few good props we can afford to play a bit more mobile aswell.

Given Hodges has missed the last 2 games and is in doubt for tomorrow, you'd have to start wondering if Queensland can afford to risk him.

So, Michaels to centre?

Coxyz said:
Given Hodges has missed the last 2 games and is in doubt for tomorrow, you'd have to start wondering if Queensland can afford to risk him.

So, Michaels to centre?

thanks for the laugh coxy

It's an interesting question though, if there is a spare spot in the centers would Hunt be considered?

"Justin's always been great for us. If fit he'll obviously be there. We'll just get a medical report and see what the doc says.

"If there's some reason he can't play, we're well served. We're happy with the way Willie Tonga is going.

"Brent Tate (injured) is a big loss from last year's team but I think we're well covered in the centres. Tonga has been going well for the Cowboys and we have other options."

It is understood Maroons selectors have also checked the eligibility of in-form Broncos winger Antonio Winterstein, an indication he may have leapt ahead of other backline options including Matt Bowen, Ash Graham, Wendell Sailor, Mat Rogers, Chris Walker, Denan Kemp, Maurice Blair and Will Chambers as a back-up option.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/spor ... 09,00.html

Tonga would be a good option should Hodges be ruled out. but i'm not sure that Winterstein is ready for origin footy (if he is actually eligible for QLD, does anybody know?) mainly his defence of high balls.

the other option that has merit IMO, is shifting Folau to center and selecting Chris Walker on the wing, he has been in pretty good form for the Titans

What about Bowen at fullback and Slater on the wing? Or Slater on the wing with Hunt at fullback and free up a spot on the bench?

I don't think Slater should be moved from fullback. I would either slot Hunt in the centres or move Folou in and bring in.... WENDELL SAILOR!

Surely they are kidding themselves if they pick Winterstien... I'd pick Tonga in the centres if Hodges is ruled out. I'd love to see Kemp or Walker play Origin though it would be good. ALso the Courier Mail seem to think Cronk and Payne are a chance of the utility position. SUrely Hunt has the position sewn up.

QLD selectors aren't as dumb as the NSW ones. They'll pick Hunt.

Tonga to centre if hodges is out, all other options really weaken the side.

Active Now

• Alec
  • bazza
  • Sproj
  • Thelmus
  • Galah
  • Johnny92
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • Strop
  • Porthoz
  • Santa
  • achievedrap
  • Allo
  • heartly87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.