10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Worth mentioning that FoxSports have their own replays of the game, so whenever you see a game on their station, it's called by the FoxSports team.

I really prefer the FoxSports commentary team ..... poor old Rabs will be flat out remembering the players names by the end of each game.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
BRONCOS NRL TEAM

1. Darius Boyd
2. Corey Oates
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges ©
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Sam Thaiday
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Adam Blair
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker

Interchange:

14. Jarrod Wallace
15. Mitchell Dodds
16. Joe Ofahengaue
17. Kodi Nikorima

Coach: Wayne Bennett

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I still would've liked the balance of the team better with Maranta on the left wing, Oates on the bench in place of Dodds.. But this is the next best thing.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Pretty happy with that side, i was thinking WB might have gone with Maranta and Kahu on the wings and reverted Oates back to the bench.

That's a good balanced side.

M

morganmorgan

NYC Player
Mar 9, 2015
Our strongest team without McGuire. Confident

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Forwards win finals games. If our forwards stand up, I'm very confident we can find enough points to put the cowboys away.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
No surprises which is what you want heading into a finals series.

I'm glad that Wayne is persevering with Corey Oates on the wing. While I didn't like the idea of Oates playing there in 2014, there's always been something special about Oates and up to this point has done a really good job of easing my concerns. Where I believe he excels is his ability to cart the ball up and tackle two or three and win the ruck. That's just so vital coming out of your end and I've seen him turn games with those carries.

Also don't have an issue with that bench formation. As far as I'm concerned, more forwards the better and the 10 forwards that have been named are the best currently available. It's a real credit to Ofahengaue and his progress that he's found himself a spot. He hasn't 'killed it' per se, but he's been really solid and provided some nice support off the bench.

Dodds' form is concern, but I don't think it will take much to get him to tap into the form he showed at the start of the year. In fact, I believe he's the type of player that will excel in the finals. Finals is built on physicality and there isn't a better hitter at the club than Mitchell Dodds. If he can get his timing, lay on some shots, he'll make a nice difference when he comes onto the field.

I certainly prefer it over having Oates off the bench. That may have worked during the competition rounds, but the idea of playing a back on the bench in the finals is a recipe for disaster. Teams need to be concious of the troops in the middle and making sure they've got enough fuel to do the desired job. Leaving just two fresh bodies limits that somewhat and just gives the opposition an advantage.

Oates maybe able to play a bit of second row, and he'll end up there eventually, but playing him there during the finals could be a disaster, particularly in defence as he has to make all the right adjustments.

I'm really looking forward to the clash and believe it will be the pick of the first week of the finals. Must admit, in terms of tipping, I'd be leaning towards the Cowboys based on experience but will be barracking for the Broncos to try and split that difference.

It should be a close game and I can't wait to see how the players handle it.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Welp, I guess that's that. Joe Ofahengaue is officially a first grade bench prop. Well done to the young lad.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Got my ticket this afternoon. Can't believe my ticket was cheaper for a finals game than it was for the last Thursday game.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
BRONCOS NRL TEAM

1. Darius Boyd
2. Corey Oates
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges ©
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Sam Thaiday
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Adam Blair
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker

Interchange:

14. Jarrod Wallace
15. Mitchell Dodds
16. Joe Ofahengaue
17. Kodi Nikorima

Coach: Wayne Bennett

Good team there, I believe that is the strongest team we can field apart from McGuire's absence.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Hopefully Morgan doesn't make it 3 - 0 against Milford in their one on one battle this year.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Watching some of those tries on the You Tube channel (thanks @Super Freak), if we can come up with that sort of passing game and support play, I can see a very good win. When our attack is on, it is for mine as good as it gets in the NRL bar none.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Very very young and inexperienced bench. Not really ideal and I'd guess it would be the youngest combined bench of any team. It looks more like a 2016 or even 2017 bench.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
The period when dodds and Wallace come on really makes me nervous. Do they have to come on at the same time?

B

Bronc911

Feb 23, 2015
Surely the likes of Dodds and Wallace won't be around too much longer. Yeah they have stepped up this year with a few tries but to me they are fairly average. This will be great experience for Ofa, but I hope next year we see Gavet come back with a possible other big prop on the bench, pushing for a starting spot.

FaithinHook

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Jun 4, 2013
Surely the likes of Dodds and Wallace won't be around too much longer. Yeah they have stepped up this year with a few tries but to me they are fairly average. This will be great experience for Ofa, but I hope next year we see Gavet come back with a possible other big prop on the bench, pushing for a starting spot.

Firstly ,welcome aboard the Broncos 2015 Premeirsahip train, 'Bronc911' - First stop, Grand Final Glory Station :o_o:

Quite a controversial 4th posting from you I must say, particularly regarding your belief that Doddsie and Wal aren't up to standards. A little bit harsh on them, in my opinion of course. But I think you are quiet right when you speak about Ofa and the experience he will surely gain from the finals and how this will assist in his future development. He an Gavet in the pack is a scary thought for our rivals one would imagine.

Again, stick around fella and I'm sure you will enjoy your stay here. We look forward to further analysis in your postings in this countdown to ultimate Broncos destiny for the great one an his disciples! :clap2:

B

Bronc911

Feb 23, 2015
Firstly ,welcome aboard the Broncos 2015 Premeirsahip train, 'Bronc911' - First stop, Grand Final Glory Station :o_o:

Quite a controversial 4th posting from you I must say, particularly regarding your belief that Doddsie and Wal aren't up to standards. A little bit harsh on them, in my opinion of course. But I think you are quiet right when you speak about Ofa and the experience he will surely gain from the finals and how this will assist in his future development. He an Gavet in the pack is a scary thought for our rivals one would imagine.

Again, stick around fella and I'm sure you will enjoy your stay here. We look forward to further analysis in your postings in this countdown to ultimate Broncos destiny for the great one an his disciples! :clap2:

Thank you.

Controversial yes but never said they were bad. They are the Broncos bench players who always play week in, week out and do their best. Yeah they may get the occasional start around rep periods but they'll spend the majority of the season on the bench and won't complain. We've had great bench forwards in the past.

I do think that Wayne will start to slowly take them out of their squad though, as what he's done with Todd Lowrie.

A "if he's good enough, he's old enough" like how he's done with Ofa.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Organix
  • broncs30
  • Gaz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncos4life
  • The Boss
  • BroncosAlways
  • Battler
  • BruiserMk1
  • Inknition
  • Santa
  • Spooky1013
  • Volvo Driver
  • Allo
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.