Queensland Bulls 2016/2017

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Renshaw 100!!!! So assured from the young man, absolute top quality this.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Renshaw 100 number 3.

This 100 doesn't make the top 10 for age. 20 and 234 days doesn't knock off Hayden with 20 and 48 days.

He joins Hayden having three 100's at 20 years old.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Renshaw out going for another 6 unfortunately, would've been nice to see him make a big one.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Handscomb hits a ton. Could he come in as keeper or just a batsman? Either way, I'd suggest Handscomb has also sewn up a spot.

So:

Still two more bats needed or one bat / one keeper
two bowlers spots up for grabs

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Voges is playing like a man who has lost his agility and reflexes. Same things happened to Ponting, SWaugh, Hayden, Gilchrist. No shame in that, he had a better 18 months of his career than most players have in a life time.

Last edited:

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Khawaja was very good today, he had a lot of time and just used the ball. Smart work.
Renshaw was patient and then took Zampa apart, same knock as the others- he knows his strengths and sticks with it. He was very tired by the end and the shot to get out reflected that.

Interesting after 11 Shield games.

Hayden 1053 runs- 3 hundreds (No Test until he played 27 games)
Renshaw- 852 runs and 3 hundreds.
S. Waugh 605 runs and 2 hundreds ( was picked after his 11th for Boxing Day)

His other two hundreds he's got big runs with 170 and 146 so coming back from injury I am not too worried he got out today after getting 100.

I don't know if they should pick him for Adelaide or not; I like watching him bat and I love Bulls playing Tests- he has a 94 against South Africa with Philander too so that's a plus for him.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
I think the 5 and 6 spots will go to two of either: Patterson, Handscome, Lehmann, Maxwell (I'd have him at six based off his 50+ average in shield the past two seasons, plus what he brings to the field), or Ferguson. Cartwright would have been in contention if he put a score on today.

EDIT: Renshaw could easily slot into the opening spot, but it's obvious that the selectors will kick him to the curb the second that Marsh is fit. It's hard on Shaun, he's in great form (and I'm a certified hater), but getting injured is one of his fortes, and it should cost him at least until at least the end of the Pak series.

Last edited:
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
It is a good question though, would it be a bad thing to give Renshaw his debut? If he fails, it really isn't a problem as you can bring Marsh back in and just say Renshaw was getting experience and keeping the seat warm. Plus it gives him a taste of the big time. On the other hand, if he smashes it, you keep him in and tell Marsh to wait in line again.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Cutting is going the Tonk. They'll pick him as a bowler because he can bat.

Meanwhile, Handscomb is on a career best 144* at lunch. Start fitting his baggy green. He's in, but will the selectors pick him as keeper or as a pure bat?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Also, Pakistan collapsing in NZ, going to be a collapsathon when they arrive for tests 4-6 this summer.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Cutting is going the Tonk. They'll pick him as a bowler because he can bat.

Meanwhile, Handscomb is on a career best 144* at lunch. Start fitting his baggy green. He's in, but will the selectors pick him as keeper or as a pure bat?

He's only kept in 11 games for Victoria in his career. He's a fill in- he can't be the Test keeper.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
He's only kept in 11 games for Victoria in his career. He's a fill in- he can't be the Test keeper.

I agree but we are talking about selectors who pick bowlers for their batting remember.

Qld declare, all eyes on Fergusen, Head and Lehman now and to a lesser extent, Weatherald to see what riposte they can show in their batting spot auditions. If Cutting takes a few...don't be surprised.

Active Now

• MasterWright
  • Porthoz
  • Aldo
  • Johnny92
  • phoenix
  • Astro
  • Santa
  • FACTHUNT
  • Behold
  • Xzei
  • Kev_Guz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.