Queensland Bulls 2016/2017

Got much of opinion on Billy Stanlake @1910? I was chatting with my uncle yesterday who has some ties in the cricketing circles down the Gold Coast and knows Billy quite well, has played golf with him. He's got a massive wrap on him, reckons he's 6'9" and can bowl 150+ with ease when he's healthy. Is that accurate?
Ricky Ponting was talking up Stanlake the other night, said he had the potential to be one of our best ever bowlers.

Big wrap.

Stanlake has a lot of wraps but has been bowling only around 130 of late. He might crank that up as he gets his fitness back though.

Stanlake is fast, he got it back up to 145 the other night and the ball that got Haddin was good. He's under work restrictions from CA so he is only allowed to play so much cricket. Adelaide aren't even allowed to play him every game.

He's only played two games for the Bulls in two years- December 2015 was his last- bowled well those two games. Seven wickets and really roughed up South Australia in his first game. Second game was in Mackay against New South Wales and very spin dominated- also the game Renshaw got 170 in only his fifth game.

He's very raw and lots of injuries, he's only played 12 domestic games in two years across three formats.

Brendon McCullum (c), Xavier Bartlett, Joe Burns, Ben Cutting, Sam Heazlett, Marnus Labuschagne, Tymal Mills, Jimmy Peirson, Nathan Reardon, Alex Ross, Mark Steketee, Mitch Swepson, Jack Wildermuth

Swepson has come on in leaps and bounds in the last few games to now being a genuine gun. The loss of Lynn is HUGE, not only because he is so imposing and exciting but it also takes away a little of the power game the Heat play with, just suddenly makes a daunting batting line up a little less so. That 5% difference may well cause a few headaches.

I also want to add that while I have made no secret of the fact I rate Cartwright, I believe Wildermuth has the most potential out of all the up and coming all rounders, not based on performance so far, just based on gut feel.

Heat are fucked. Lynn carry's them something shocking. When he doesn't make a score they normally lose. McCullum is a very poor inconsistent version of Lynn.

Heat are fucked. Lynn carry's them something shocking. When he doesn't make a score they normally lose. McCullum is a very poor inconsistent version of Lynn.

Hmmm can't say I completely agree with that. McCullum in tandem with Lynn has been one of the consistent highlights of the tournament.

Hmmm can't say I completely agree with that. McCullum in tandem with Lynn has been one of the consistent highlights of the tournament.

Just wait and see. We have seen Lynn do this for 3 years now (which is carry the heats batting on his shoulders). McCullum isn't that consistent and without Lynn will feel the pressure big time now

Perth Scorchers squad: Michael Klinger (c), Ashton Agar, Cameron Bancroft, Ian Bell, Tim Bresnan, Hilton Cartwright, Mitchell Johnson, Shaun Marsh, Jhye Richardson, Ashton Turner, Andrew Tye, Cameron Valente, Sam Whiteman.

We've gotta bring Marnus is for Lynn. He is coming off a superb 195* in grade cricket plus he was outstanding in the BBQ Cup.

Interesting that 12/14 last winners at the 'Gabba in the BBL have been chasing.

It fits the overall trend this year of teams sending teams in first.

McCullum suspended for being six minutes over.
Each Heat player fined $1000.

Incidentally, how much do the players get paid per game?

Brisbane Heat v Melbourne Stars, MCG Wednesday Night - 6:40pm QLD Time.
Joe Burns (c), Nick Buchanan, Ben Cutting, Alex Doolan, Sam Heazlett, Marnus Labuschagne, Tymal Mills, Jimmy Peirson, Nathan Reardon, Alex Ross, Mark Steketee, Mitch Swepson, Jack Wildermuth

Another Heat captain.

Chris Lynn's BBL season looks over- he's been told to rest for 3 weeks.

****. We really could've used him in the finals.

My young dudes XI in whom some massive talent:

1. Harris (Having a great season)
2. Short (Talent but not convinced for the long form)
3. Patterson (You all know how much I rate this guy.
4. Gotch (wk) (There is something about him, very good technique and busy, a bit of Hussey about him)
5. McDermott (what an innings and it was done with such technique, give him some opportunities!)
6. Turner (This guy is probably already underrated, massive future)
7. Wildermuth (I reckon he is the all rounder in the country with the most potential out of all, hope he lives up to it)
8. Agar (He is really starting to come good, has me wondering if a gamble of him at 7 in India might be worth it)
9. Steketee (Aussie version of Southee)
10. Richardson (He's tiny for a fast bowler but is absolutely genuinely quick, a rare talent but in an era of high quality pacemen, so may not get many opportunities unfortunately)
11. Swepson (Is just getting better and better, worth a punt in India? Not first up by maybe by test three or four)

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Allo
  • Financeguy
  • Harry Sack
  • leon.bott
  • Big Del
  • FACTHUNT
  • Maddy
  • Wolfie
  • john1420
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Jazza
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mr Fourex
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.