Queensland Bulls 2016/2017

Good stuff Hartley.

I still think he would've done a great job for Australia if we picked him after Haddin retired, he's still the best keeper in Australia. Just needed a few more timely big scores and I think he would've been in. Ah well.

Good stuff Hartley.

I still think he would've done a great job for Australia if we picked him after Haddin retired, he's still the best keeper in Australia. Just needed a few more timely big scores and I think he would've been in. Ah well.

It's not his batting. Anyone that was here for the 2012 Shield Final knows how he bats and what a great team man he is. 5/55 new ball and end up with a lead was just immense. One of the best final 100 ever.

The only 100 in a game with Burns, Lynn, Ponting, Cowan and Faulkner.

Was averaging 51 before today, last year 44, year before 37. That's better than batsman they're picking. Most dismissals 4/5 last years.

It's not his batting. Anyone that was here for the 2012 Shield Final knows how he bats and what a great team man he is. 5/55 new ball and end up with a lead was just immense. One of the best final 100 ever.

The only 100 in a game with Burns, Lynn, Ponting, Cowan and Faulkner.

Was averaging 51 before today, last year 44, year before 37. That's better than batsman they're picking. Most dismissals 4/5 last years.

I imagine the reason they didn't pick him is that his career average is only 33, which isn't ideal, but as you said, the guys they're picking aren't exactly setting the world on fire, most of them are barely cracking 40 in terms of a FC average. Not to mention he rarely makes a mistake with the gloves.

Nesser nipping it around for two wickets now.

Tigers 2/38

What a disaster Jordan Silk has turned out to be, I remember everyone harping on about how he was going to be Australia's next great middle order batsmen after his debut season where he scored a couple of tonnes and had an average of 50 odd. Now look at him, barely scrapping together a FC average of 30, probably close to being dropped in all formats.

What a disaster Jordan Silk has turned out to be, I remember everyone harping on about how he was going to be Australia's next great middle order batsmen after his debut season where he scored a couple of tonnes and had an average of 50 odd. Now look at him, barely scrapping together a FC average of 30, probably close to being dropped in all formats.

Injury hasn't been kind to him- he's only played 26 Shield games in four years. That's not a lot of cricket. He's been 12th man in two Tests and scored a Shield final 100 in a winning Tigers' side- three pretty big achievements.

He hasn't played OD cricket for Tigers since 2014.

He got caught today trying to leave one but ended up making more effort to nick off.

First one (Silk?) was a wicked inswinger. Saw it on the Bulls instagram

Silk was caught behind.

Doolan and Hancock copped similar inswinging balls that just did them.

Tigers 7/166

Great bowling team effort.

Burns has his first wicket for Queensland! Before today 12 balls, 3 runs no wicket.

First ball a wicket!

8/186

That's another bowled, five in a game isn't the norm. Normally at the 'Gabba it would be caught behind the wicket.

Duke? Doesn't seem to be swinging too much.

Harts now the greatest keeper in Shield History with 547 dismissals.

Bulls 6/146 declared, setting Tasmania 352 to win.

Another 40 odd from Truloff, decent 2nd FC game by the looks of it.

Mackin from WA has had an awesome start to his FC career, I wonder what position he is in the pecking order of bowlers.

Chadd Sayers is still taking an absolutely ridiculous amount of wickets.

A bloody good win for QLD. They've really pushed youth this summer and been rewarded.

Great win and in third.

New South Wales next.

Active Now

• Gaz
  • Alec
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mr Fourex
  • mrslong
  • Waynesaurus
  • john1420
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • Big Del
  • Morkel
  • Kev_Guz
  • Fitzy
  • bazza
  • broncsgoat
  • Financeguy
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.