Queensland Bulls 2016/2017

Burns with a solid 88 not out to cement the draw with NSW. I reckon Burns has been pretty impressive since he was dropped from the test team.

Burns with a solid 88 not out to cement the draw with NSW. I reckon Burns has been pretty impressive since he was dropped from the test team.

Indeed. I was actually surprised with him in the Big Bash, he was super impressive. Thought he could have been a chance for the Chappel Hadlee with so many injuries or even the Australian T20 team, but not to be. Probably better for him to concentrate on longer form cricket anyway.

Sheffield Shield, Round 8
my FootDr Queensland Bulls v West End Redbacks, Adelaide Oval, Sat – Tues:
Joe Burns (c)
Luke Feldman
Jason Floros
Peter Forrest
Cameron Gannon
Peter George
Sam Heazlett
Marnus Labuschagne
James Peirson (wk)
Mark Steketee
Sam Truloff
Jack Wildermuth
(12th man to be named at the toss).

Peirson on debut.
Burns captain.

Bulls 2/70

Burns 30
Forrest 21

Lab 8*
Heazlett 4*

Worrell returns to get the first two.

Bulls on the edge at 4/96

Wildebeest and Truloff in the middle before Pierson + the bowlers

Bulls 5/148

Stable but need some runs.

Thrown away an opportunity. Blues in trouble against Tasmania and Victoria in the shit against W.A. We could have leaped Vic, N.S.W. & S.A. with a big win. Will be hard now.

50 shield wickets in 2016-17 for Sayers with 2 full games and this Bulls 2nd innings to go.. What's the record for shield wickets in a season?

Edit: 67 by Colin Miller in 1997-98. That might be in danger if he gets a 6 or 7fer this innings.

Wildman is so talented, give him a season or two and I'm convinced we'll be looking at the pace all rounder the Aussies for some reason think they need.

While we're on the topic of records, Behrendorff has 12 wickets with 7 wickets remaining in the 2nd innings, has a chance for the best bowling figures for a match in cricket history.

50 shield wickets in 2016-17 for Sayers with 2 full games and this Bulls 2nd innings to go.. What's the record for shield wickets in a season?

Edit: 67 by Colin Miller in 1997-98. That might be in danger if he gets a 6 or 7fer this innings.

Miller- 67 11 matches
Tait- 65- 10 matches
Fleetwood-Smith 60- 6 matches
Bichel- 60- 11 matches
Hilfenhaus 60- 11 matches.

He's a good chance of joining the 60 club.

Joel Garner and Tait the only South Australians to have 50 with him now. Tait 65 in 04/05 and Garner 55 in 82/83.

Bulls 4/90 with a lead of 152.

SA win by 6 wickets.

Really disappointing.

I am wondering though what else Lehmann needs to do to get a call up into the test side. He is head and shoulders above every other shield player over the last two years who haven't played for Australia. He's even better than some who have been called up in the form of SMarsh and MMarsh. He is just a gun batsman.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Volvo Driver
  • Dash
  • broncoscope
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.