Queensland Bulls 2016/2017

I am wondering though what else Lehmann needs to do to get a call up into the test side. He is head and shoulders above every other shield player over the last two years who haven't played for Australia. He's even better than some who have been called up in the form of SMarsh and MMarsh. He is just a gun batsman.

He failed miserably after he missed selection for that "re-build" test in November, from memory he didn't crack 50 in the next 3 FC games. That's probably why he wasn't considered again.. maybe next season.

I am wondering though what else Lehmann needs to do to get a call up into the test side. He is head and shoulders above every other shield player over the last two years who haven't played for Australia. He's even better than some who have been called up in the form of SMarsh and MMarsh. He is just a gun batsman.

Head and shoulders might be stretching it.

2015/2016- Handcomb, Renshaw, Head, Heazlett and Stonis all scored more runs than him and have gone on to play for Australia in some form.

2016/2017- The five guys above him this season haven't really got a crack- Burns one Test is it.

I think to be honest if he wants to play a Test the two things going against him are the obvious elephant in the room; his dad is a selector and what spot?

One 100 and 500 runs doesn't demand to be picked; when the side is winning, you have to over come perceived nepotism and force someone out.

Head and shoulders might be stretching it.

2015/2016- Handcomb, Renshaw, Head, Heazlett and Stonis all scored more runs than him and have gone on to play for Australia in some form.

2016/2017- The five guys above him this season haven't really got a crack- Burns one Test is it.

I think to be honest if he wants to play a Test the two things going against him are the obvious elephant in the room; his dad is a selector and what spot?

One 100 and 500 runs doesn't demand to be picked; when the side is winning, you have to over come perceived nepotism and force someone out.

Yep and having to force someone out is the way it should be, but that number six spot is open and he is a lower middle order batsman. As I said, he is head and shoulders above every other player who HASN'T played for Australia.

Yep and having to force someone out is the way it should be, but that number six spot is open and he is a lower middle order batsman. As I said, he is head and shoulders above every other player who HASN'T played for Australia.

But it doesn't matter being the best of the teams that aren't in the eight, he has to be better than those guys above him getting a run. Being the 9th most runs and complaining eight other guys are getting a run doesn't hold much ground.

You have to look at the context of Lehmann's runs though. He is scoring gritty fifties in low scoring matches and regularly saving his team, his overall FC average is also 47. The guy is surely better than both Marshes, Stoinis, definitely better than Head (who has tried to pass himself off as an all rounder by bowling his rubbish off spin more), Patterson, etc.

EDIT: for the reference, I think his dad is acting like a galah with his public hatred of Maxwell, a squad member, and his refusal to give him any overs. I'd love to see Darren out, Dizzy and Jake in.

You have to look at the context of Lehmann's runs though. He is scoring gritty fifties in low scoring matches and regularly saving his team, his overall FC average is also 47. The guy is surely better than both Marshes, Stoinis, definitely better than Head (who has tried to pass himself off as an all rounder by bowling his rubbish off spin more), Patterson, etc.

EDIT: for the reference, I think his dad is acting like a galah with his public hatred of Maxwell, a squad member, and his refusal to give him any overs. I'd love to see Darren out, Dizzy and Jake in.

Exactly!! I do rate Patterson as well but see him as a higher order player, whereas Lehmann is the PERFECT number 6.

His 50 against New South Wales when everyone was falling around him was strong and his runs against Queensland this week was solid runs.

SA have hit some form now and he has a chance to impress and another Shield Final. Last year when things reached the stage in the second innings where they needed him he played poorly.

Lynn playing in the twos on Monday.

Sheffield Shield
Queensland v Tasmania
Tuesday – Friday, Hobart
Joe Burns (c)
Ben Cutting
Luke Feldman
Jason Floros
Peter Forrest
Cameron Gannon
Peter George
Sam Heazlett
Marnus Labuschagne
James Peirson
Sam Truloff
Jack Wildermuth

Tas 6/98

Feldman 3
Gannon 2
Wilder 1

Duke was swinging today!

Tas 150- every one caught behind the wicket bat two bowled and LB.

Qld 1/27

Feldman 3/55
Gannon 2/19
Wilder 2/23
George 3/17
Cutting 0/30

A real shame Burns couldn't go on with it. He's had a steady season without having an outstanding one.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Stix
  • Fitzy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • Hurrijo
  • Culhwch
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Old Mate
  • Bucking Beads
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Dash
  • broncos4life
  • Bongo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.