Queensland Bulls Discussion - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Wade gets dropped again I don't see him getting back in so not sure he goes yet. Head probably would consider himself unlucky after a ton in the series v NZ but he was pretty poor in England.

Really like Cam Green so wouldn't be against him in at 6, Solway needs a few more FC games under his belt before he gets a call up.

I think both Wade and Head remain in the middle order for the first test. Not so sure about Burns as we know Bancroft is JL's favourite lovechild.

If Wade gets dropped again I don't see him getting back in so not sure he goes yet. Head probably would consider himself unlucky after a ton in the series v NZ but he was pretty poor in England.

Really like Cam Green so wouldn't be against him in at 6, Solway needs a few more FC games under his belt before he gets a call up.

I think both Wade and Head remain in the middle order for the first test. Not so sure about Burns as we know Bancroft is JL's favourite lovechild.

Yeah I agree about Bancroft but he literally doesn't have runs on the board, I fear he is mentally cooked. Burns isn't a star but he is easily the best of an extremely average bunch at opener aside from Warner on roads.

Would it be crazy to go with this for the first test this summer?:

1. Warner
2. Burns
3. Labushagne
4. Smith
5. Green
6. Solway
7. Paine (c)
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood

Is that unfair on Wade / Head?
National selections are typically quite conservative so I really don't see both Wade and Head being dropped before the First Test.

Yeah I think they'll both be there.

The scheduling/logistics of this tour is turning into a big mess.

Neser is a better batsman than Paine. Paine could realistically bat 9 if 2 of Neser/Pattinson/Cummins played.
Nesser isn't far away based on his bowling alone. I think he is a 7 with the bat. The problem is Paine is not a 6 with the bat. Paine is very good behind the stumps which is the most important thing in Test matches. Who do people think is the next option to Paine for Test matches, i.e. excellent gloveman who can bat at 6 and not excellent batsman who can also wicket keep?

National selections are typically quite conservative so I really don't see both Wade and Head being dropped before the First Test.
Head or Burns could go but unlikely for the first test. I think they view Head as a long term test player.

Nesser isn't far away based on his bowling alone. I think he is a 7 with the bat. The problem is Paine is not a 6 with the bat. Paine is very good behind the stumps which is the most important thing in Test matches. Who do people think is the next option to Paine for Test matches, i.e. excellent gloveman who can bat at 6 and not excellent batsman who can also wicket keep?

I'm still of the opinion Peter Nevill (FC av 37) is easily the best bat of the options we have. At 35 now he's less than no chance though.

It will come down to Carey or Philippe. Carey is more likely as he's been around the ODI and t20i sides and is more experienced. If I had to predict I would say he gets the gloves next but doesn't last long in the test side and is replaced by Phillippe.

I really like Sam Whiteman but I think he's no longer keeping for WA. His replacement Inglis, is good too. Being from WA I wouldn't rule either of them out long-term.

Can't see any other alternatives unless Paine sticks around for another couple years and a bolter comes through the pack.

Cameron Green, man what a gun he could be. He has the potential to be a player we haven't seen in an Australian side since Keith Miller...no pressure though hehe.

Oh well Paine just got a century for Tassie tigers. Sorts that problem out

Oh well Paine just got a century for Tassie tigers. Sorts that problem out
I hope he does well with the bat as he has done well as captain and with the gloves. The question now is do we have an allrounder that can bat six and be a genuine seam bowling option. The candidates are probably, Marsh, Green, Neser

I hope he does well with the bat as he has done well as captain and with the gloves. The question now is do we have an allrounder that can bat six and be a genuine seam bowling option. The candidates are probably, Marsh, Green, Neser

I'd go with Neser to be honest but bat him at 7. Give him the summer to cement his spot. I'm tempted to go with Green but he is one you just don't want to rush because he has the makings to be a once in one hundred year player. As much as I want to kind of rush him because I think he is good enough with the bat alone already, I'm just worried what the pressure of being the anointed one will do to him. Look at what's happened to Pucovski.

Green to his highest ever FC score...again. This kid is amazing.

Australia has a decent (well middle order and pacies anyway) pretty decent up and coming second XI:

1. Street
2. No idea
3. Pucovski
4. Green (c)
5. Solway
6. Inglis
7. Neser
8. J.Richardson (what has happened to him?)
9. Ellis
10. Bartlett
11. Swepson

Neser, Green, Solway, Ellis, J.Richardson, Swepson are legit chances at the side right now. Obviously Swepson only if playing two spinners and Ellis a few injuries away but I love the way he bowls.

Jhye is still coming back from injury. Not much info online about when he’ll return but sounds fairly close. Him, Pattinson and Neser are great backups.

The should boost Green's FC batting average to above 50, pretty much has to be selected in the Test squad this Summer.

Not bad considering he was supposedly a bowling all-rounder prior to last season.. Steve Smith anyone?

The should boost Green's FC batting average to above 50, pretty much has to be selected in the Test squad this Summer.

Not bad considering he was supposedly a bowling all-rounder prior to last season.. Steve Smith anyone?

I hope he doesn't do a Smith and give up the bowling though, he swings it, cuts it and all at decent pace. He could be an opening bowler on top of being a gun bat. This kid has everything.

I hope he doesn't do a Smith and give up the bowling though, he swings it, cuts it and all at decent pace. He could be an opening bowler on top of being a gun bat. This kid has everything.

The new Watto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.