CRICKET Queensland Bulls 22/23

Yeah well they're going to have to start looking to the future, Usman and Davey aren't too far away from calling it stumps on their careers I wouldn't think and I got to be honest if either of them were to retire tomorrow, I couldn't tell you who the ready made replacement would be.

He took the train down to the SCG .
He said we`ll play here one day Dave , you and me .

I'm glad Renshaw is opening, he's a gun opener and its a real shame he was forced into changing his style

His strength early on was his leave .
He does play spinners well so he can bat in the middle order too .

But ,,, Streety is maybe an even better leaver ! He has great powers of concentration . Can play marathons . I would like to see him accelerate more when he has blunted the attack . My only knock on him from what I have seen .

To be fair averaging 20 three years in a row will have you question a few things. His average for Queensland has now dropped to 35.
He averaged 20 after he was pressure into changing his style

Peirson with 123 to round out our innings for 458. Great start to the shield season so far considering our shithouse one day form a week ago.

Usman and Joe with great knocks that both fell short before reaching 100’s.

Meredith with a 5-fer which continues on his very good form this season in both formats.

The public and legends of the game

He got injured .
Then got dropped from the Aus team without playing another game for Aus .
Others were favoured for openers for Aus . Seemed his position was blocked . Started playing middle order I thought to get a spot in the Aus middle order ?

Big win for the Bulls by an innings and 172 runs

Sandhu with 5

Burns drops the hattrick ball.

Bulls win by an innings and 172 runs.

The public and legends of the game

That's your perception but I have never heard him talk about changing anything- he simply went through a lot of turmoil and was dropped and moved around, changed teams.

Sommerset didn't even keep him at opener until this season.

That's your perception but I have never heard him talk about changing anything- he simply went through a lot of turmoil and was dropped and moved around, changed teams.

Sommerset didn't even keep him at opener until this season.
I wish I could know as much as you do, I just wish I was as good as you

Did Sweppo get a chance .... or has he already taken up his regular spot on the Aus bench for the summer??

Did Sweppo get a chance .... or has he already taken up his regular spot on the Aus bench for the summer??

He played for Queensland against the Netherlands.

Cause everyone wants to have a crack at the top cause that is the easiest entry point to the test team. Look Khawaja for mine doesn’t need to play there in shield. Australia know he is capable and what they will get with him at the top of the order. Obviously Joe has to open and likewise for Bryce so really it is a strange one why Renshaw is getting that spot over him and more so Clayton is getting the middle order spot over Renshaw. But could be a million reasons why but very few of which I could think are good.
I don't think Burns 'has to open at all'. I highly doubt even if he scores 2000 runs this summer he's getting back into the side as an opener. I'd love to see him move to 5 and open with Renshaw and Street.

I don't think Burns 'has to open at all'. I highly doubt even if he scores 2000 runs this summer he's getting back into the side as an opener. I'd love to see him move to 5 and open with Renshaw and Street.
I actually agree with you but that just realistically isn’t going to happen. He also just scored 80. Some really shit form would have to be the catalyst for him to go down the order. Remember he managed to keep out Khawaja the test opener and for some reason Street. That to me speaks volumes of what is going to be his role this year considering out of all the opening options he is the least favourable.

Marsh Sheffield Shield

Queensland Bulls v NSW Blues

Tues – Fri, Drummoyne Oval, Sydney

Usman Khawaja (c)

Xavier Bartlett

James Bazley

Joe Burns

Jack Clayton

Matthew Kuhnemann

Marnus Labuschagne

Jimmy Peirson

Michael Neser

Matthew Renshaw

Gurinder Sandhu

Mark Steketee

Mitchell Swepson

Edwards and Street out
Swepson and Bartlett in

It will be interesting if anyone bolts into test side calculations. My guess it the test side is pretty much settled. The only question mark perhaps being on Head but he is safe. I wonder if this might be the final summer in the test side for Warner and perhaps Khawaja and as a more left field guess, Lyon and/or Starc.
What makes you think Lyon? He will play for another 5 years if he stays fit and in form. You can tell he absolutely loves it, is only playing 1 form of the game, and he will play until there is clearly a better option, or his body can't handle it.
I've always thought Burns best spot is 5. He could have had a much bigger role in international cricket if he focused on being a good #5, IMO.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Santa
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • LittleDavey
  • Bish
  • bazza
  • Charlesstor
  • Lewisuhahix
  • Aldo
  • Johnny92
  • Redux
  • Battler
  • RodF
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncsgoat
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.