CRICKET Queensland Bulls 22/23

Joe 50 #35 in game 96
Marnus 50 # 22 in game 62

@Unbreakable Bryant played for Qld against the Netherlands yesterday in a 20/20.

79 off 25 by the way and 50 off 41 in the two games.

Bartlett 1/20
Kuhemann 4/10
Gutherie 1/23

It will be interesting if anyone bolts into test side calculations. My guess it the test side is pretty much settled. The only question mark perhaps being on Head but he is safe. I wonder if this might be the final summer in the test side for Warner and perhaps Khawaja and as a more left field guess, Lyon and/or Starc.

Clayton with a 3 ball duck - good selection over Bryce Street 🙄

Why is Renshaw opening again by the way?
Cause everyone wants to have a crack at the top cause that is the easiest entry point to the test team. Look Khawaja for mine doesn’t need to play there in shield. Australia know he is capable and what they will get with him at the top of the order. Obviously Joe has to open and likewise for Bryce so really it is a strange one why Renshaw is getting that spot over him and more so Clayton is getting the middle order spot over Renshaw. But could be a million reasons why but very few of which I could think are good.

Sutherland snags his 4th alongside Bolands established 4 to send Pucovski and Harris back in to bat. Would be great to see some runs from the openers over the next day as time is running out this evening.

Cause everyone wants to have a crack at the top cause that is the easiest entry point to the test team. Look Khawaja for mine doesn’t need to play there in shield. Australia know he is capable and what they will get with him at the top of the order. Obviously Joe has to open and likewise for Bryce so really it is a strange one why Renshaw is getting that spot over him and more so Clayton is getting the middle order spot over Renshaw. But could be a million reasons why but very few of which I could think are good.

Yeah well they're going to have to start looking to the future, Usman and Davey aren't too far away from calling it stumps on their careers I wouldn't think and I got to be honest if either of them were to retire tomorrow, I couldn't tell you who the ready made replacement would be.

Yeah well they're going to have to start looking to the future, Usman and Davey aren't too far away from calling it stumps on their careers I wouldn't think and I got to be honest if either of them were to retire tomorrow, I couldn't tell you who the ready made replacement would be.
Obviously, but doesn’t mean Renshaw should be opening over Street especially when he has versatility in that he can play in the middle order. I don’t have an issue with him opening I just have an issue with him opening over Street. Street is a far better prospect at the minute opening than Renshaw who hasn’t opened consistently for a long time. Also whilst Clayton did well with his opportunities last year I don’t get why he is getting a spot when we have a stacked batting contingent.

It is a really big issue brewing for the test team. Obviously Pucovski is the heir apparent but he is injured more often than not. There really are concerns behind him as well though. None of Hunt, Street or Ward are setting the house on the fire, simply appearing to be serviceable. Dan Hughes would be the best short term option unless you go back to Burns again. Regardless, opener is a massively problematic position in the next year or two.

Why is Renshaw opening again by the way?

Chuck has always said he's an opener and he wants him to open but it's been better for the team to have him in the middle order.

It is a really big issue brewing for the test team. Obviously Pucovski is the heir apparent but he is injured more often than not. There really are concerns behind him as well though. None of Hunt, Street or Ward are setting the house on the fire, simply appearing to be serviceable. Dan Hughes would be the best short term option unless you go back to Burns again. Regardless, opener is a massively problematic position in the next year or two.

Hunt captain South Australia for the last two games last season and they won a game for first time in two years and he got 109- SS player of the year with 600 runs from 8 games and only player to get three 100's in the season. 107 for Australia A in Sri Lanka in June.

Called in to field and be around the Test team in Hobart too.

He had a great year. Only Green, Marsh and Head have scored more than him since he made his debut and two of those are playing Test cricket now.

I'm glad Renshaw is opening, he's a gun opener and its a real shame he was forced into changing his style

I'm glad Renshaw is opening, he's a gun opener and its a real shame he was forced into changing his style

To be fair averaging 20 three years in a row will have you question a few things. His average for Queensland has now dropped to 35.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
  • heartly87
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Broncorob
  • Skyblues87
  • Cavalo
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Aldo
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Midean
  • HarryAllan7
  • johnny plath
  • Xzei
  • kiwi2
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.