Queensland Cricket 2019/2020

I'd have him opening. I'd give Wade at least two tests, he is coming off a hundred last test.

I tell you what as well, Pucovski has not really set the world on fire so far this season.

Victoria moved Maddinson down to 5 today, I think that's his best chance to succeed at test level.

Pucovski has been fine, 123, 64, 2 & 3. Obviously needs to be more consistent, but considering Vic got rolled for 127 today I'm guessing it's not a great batting wicket.
[automerge]1572492758[/automerge]
Back on the Bulls topic, another 87 for Labuschagne, he's consistent, but damn, can we get some more 100's mate? He's starting to have a bit of the Joe Root's about him once he gets past 50..

Victoria moved Maddinson down to 5 today, I think that's his best chance to succeed at test level.

Pucovski has been fine, 123, 64, 2 & 3. Obviously needs to be more consistent, but considering Vic got rolled for 127 today I'm guessing it's not a great batting wicket.
[automerge]1572492758[/automerge]
Back on the Bulls topic, another 87 for Labuschagne, he's consistent, but damn, can we get some more 100's mate? He's starting to have a bit of the Joe Root's about him once he gets past 50..

You'd take a Rootesque batsman though for sure in this climate of useless batsmen. I know Maddinson is playing at five today but he has been super impressive at opener and the test side is screaming out for one of those. It is a shame Burns seems to be in a slump, he has been shafted more times than is fair.

I think Pucovski will debut at six in the first test regardless, there just isn't a remotely good enough batting all-rounder in the country at present. Plus, Laboosh is a more than handy back up wicket-taking part-timer.

So many holes not being corrected.

That batting I have spoken about now for 12 months and it just continues to have flaws that aren't or can't be corrected.

The bowling was strong in parts but you can't rely on getting 5/60, the big win in this situation was they learnt from the Zampa situation last week.

Great catching from Usman that was great and pivotal in the game swinging and terrific quick thinking reaction to the run out.

I tell you what as well, Pucovski has not really set the world on fire so far this season.

He's been terrible, his last three dismissals have all been really soft and just mentally not applying himself at all.

First innings v Tas- short ball from Meredith and he backs away and just pads it to short leg.
First innings v WA- Richardson around the wicket and he edges down the leg side just before stumps.
Second Innings v WA- edging outside off- short bowling again.

He's been terrible at leaving and playing short ball.

2/35

Great captaincy from Peirson to get Bancroft.

Renshaw still sick, in hospital now.

What's wrong with him?

Some sort of stomach bug, he's on drip.
[automerge]1572729413[/automerge]
Yesterday was mixed, started well with two ducks but then Marsh and Stonis just controlled it for hours and in the end came back with Gannon but it ended even.

7/255 can't end up being all out for 360.

Last edited:
13/131 for Sayers against NSW, bet it's still not enough to get another crack for Australia. Mind boggling that he hasn't got more than one test match.

Burns and Street 50.

1/167

Bulls 165 behind

Street big chance for 100 number 1. From the strange file today two Leggies on at the Gabba at once. Never thought I’d see it in a Qld team.

13/131 for Sayers against NSW, bet it's still not enough to get another crack for Australia. Mind boggling that he hasn't got more than one test match.

And replace who?

None of Hazlewood, Cummins, Pattinson, Richardson or even Siddle scream unfair selection.

And replace who?

None of Hazlewood, Cummins, Pattinson, Richardson or even Siddle scream unfair selection.

He deserves consideration over Pattinson, Richardson or Siddle imo.

Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood is clearly our top 3, but Sayers surely has to be thereabouts if there's an injury.

He deserves consideration over Pattinson, Richardson or Siddle imo.

Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood is clearly our top 3, but Sayers surely has to be thereabouts if there's an injury.

Would he deserve more consideration than Tremain though if going on averages, etc? I just don't think you can be upset about him not getting a go over the three you mentioned. Pattinson has been consistently good at Shield level and has ripped in at test level. Siddle, for all his detractors, has never given any less than 110% and his record at test level is pretty decent. Richardson is one of the most promising young quicks coming through.

On a side note, I am a massive fan of Cameron Green, have been since he burst on to the scene as an 18 year old.

The reason Sayers hasn't got more of a chance is because he was a late bloomer, he's already 32 and has only played 73 FC games. I wish he had come on the scene sooner, because he's such a pretty bowler to watch, he's nothing like the Cummins, Pattinson, Richardson's of the world, he beats you with movement, not speed.

Anyway, I agree that Jhye needs to be playing for Australia this Summer, he's elite. Haven't seen enough of Green to have a comment.

The reason Sayers hasn't got more of a chance is because he was a late bloomer, he's already 32 and has only played 73 FC games. I wish he had come on the scene sooner, because he's such a pretty bowler to watch, he's nothing like the Cummins, Pattinson, Richardson's of the world, he beats you with movement, not speed.

Anyway, I agree that Jhye needs to be playing for Australia this Summer, he's elite. Haven't seen enough of Green to have a comment.

He debuted for SA in 2011- Not really late. He was awesome in 2012 and got 48 wickets in the year and had his astronomical year in 2016-2017 with 62 wickets.

Australia won't pick swing bowlers- it's the same argument I have had on here 1000 times, they don't value you unless you can bowl 150.

Sayers and Copeland are both great bowlers but are going to retire with hardly any Tests.

Copeland now has 291 wickets for NSW at 25 from his 74 SS games but three tests and Sayers has 249 at 23 from 58 games.

Last edited:

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Big Del
  • Lurker
  • Wolfie
  • RolledOates
  • kiwibronco
  • Fozz
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.