Queensland Cricket 2019/2020

Broken finger in the nets- classic Bulls.

Just play Street, this side needs a 100 and he's in the best form. Plus headlines can be Easy Street tomorrow with 100 on debut.
"Streets ahead" if he does well and "Streets paddle flop" if he fails.

Last edited:
And Street batting straight on this road.

Street sweeps around the corner.

What a beautiful Street drive.

You won't believe it, but Khawaja failed again in a longer format game.

Feels like he hasn't made FC runs in years, I think that's pretty much his ticket punched for the Summer, he'd probably need 4x 100's between now and the first test to get his spot back.

Well that was emotionally mixed day.

Bowlers were tremendous, whenever the task just started to move away they pegged it back.

i thought Carey was super poor just before lunch to play inside the ball and horrible shot but then the Bulls batted.

At 0/63 I’m thinking nice position then 3/70. Agar was great on debut the equal of Neser in the morning.

Carey great catch down the leg side but why was Renshaw doing that?

Khawaja seemed high maybe but he was so far back and Burns was forward but he’d got to 39 he’d done the work.

I think the selectors need to introduce some fresh blood. I never thought I’d say it but I would go with this:

1. Warner
2. Maddinson
3. Labamba
4. Smith
5. Wade
6. Pucovski
7. Paine
8. Cummins
9. Richardson
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood

12. Andrews/Short

Nice start for Street, 53 not out at stumps, and as expected, the puns are out in full force.

Nice start for Street, 53 not out at stumps, and as expected, the puns are out in full force.

View attachment 6458

I watched him bat a bit, was a well-organised Street, only played anything in his lane and might help Queensland turn their shield season around in five points or less, definitely passed his driving tests.

Street was nice and straight, disappointed to get out second over today. He looked good yesterday plays it along the ground. Stumps came at a terrible time.

He’s been a nice fielding addition too, nice catch this morning.

Bartlett great bounce and his first two Shield wickets.

What the hell am I watching.

5/54 they just keep coming and going.

Ladies and gentlemen, Test batsman Usman Khawaja.

SMarsh with a double hundred, you just know he'll be back in the test side.

Marnus to the rescue, as per usual. He may legitimately be the only form batsman on the team. Anyone who's hoping for Burns, Renshaw or Khawaja getting a Test recall might be shit out of luck.

I don't think any Qlders other than Labooboo will make it.

My updated side:

1. Maddinson
2. Who Knows - Hughes? No doubt it will be Warner
3. Labushagne
4. Smith
5. Wade
6. Pucovski
7. Paine
8. Cummins
9. Richardson
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood

I don't think any Qlders other than Labooboo will make it.

My updated side:

1. Maddinson
2. Who Knows - Hughes? No doubt it will be Warner
3. Labushagne
4. Smith
5. Wade
6. Pucovski
7. Paine
8. Cummins
9. Richardson
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood

Are we sure Wade has done enough? He has 1 score above 40 in his last 15 first class innings, including the Ashes.

Yeah, and absolutely nothing in between and nothing since. We certainly can't pick him if he doesn't start making runs in Shield again.

The problem is, who do you replace him with?

So far Head has scored nothing, Handscomb has done nothing. Maxwell? The selectors won’t consider him for whatever reason.

SMarsh? Please no! Not again.

Cooper? He’s in good touch but is old, the selectors prefer youth if your surname is not Marsh.

M.Marsh? Has a broken hand luckily enough.

Lehman? Finch? Cartwright? They all are going far far worse.

Henriques? He should be picked before M.Marsh but that doesn’t mean he should be in the side though.

Stoinis? Maybe but he has scored even less hundreds than Wade.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • bb_gun
  • Jedhead
  • Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • IceWorks
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Strop
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ostin86
  • Johnny92
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Bronx48
  • theshed
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.