Queensland Cricket 2019/2020

The problem is, who do you replace him with?

So far Head has scored nothing, Handscomb has done nothing. Maxwell? The selectors won’t consider him for whatever reason.

SMarsh? Please no! Not again.

Cooper? He’s in good touch but is old, the selectors prefer youth if your surname is not Marsh.

M.Marsh? Has a broken hand luckily enough.

Lehman? Finch? Cartwright? They all are going far far worse.

Henriques? He should be picked before M.Marsh but that doesn’t mean he should be in the side though.

Stoinis? Maybe but he has scored even less hundreds than Wade.

1. Marcus Harris
2. Nic Maddinson
3. Marnus Labuschagne
4. Steve Smith
5. Will Pucovski
6. Josh Philippe
7. Tim Paine (c)
8. Pat Cummins
9. Mitchell Starc
10. Nathan Lyon
11. Josh Hazlewood

Philippe to get some reps as an attacking lower order batsman before taking over from Paine after this Summer as the keeper.

His last 9 FC innings - 396 runs @ 49.50

1. Marcus Harris
2. Nic Maddinson
3. Marnus Labuschagne
4. Steve Smith
5. Will Pucovski
6. Josh Philippe
7. Tim Paine (c)
8. Pat Cummins
9. Mitchell Starc
10. Nathan Lyon
11. Josh Hazlewood

Philippe to get some reps as an attacking lower order batsman before taking over from Paine after this Summer as the keeper.

Alex Carey is a better batsman and keeper than Philippe

Alex Carey is a better batsman and keeper than Philippe

He's also 6 years older

I disagree that he's a better batsman if we're talking about First Class cricket. They're both in the low 30's in terms of averages, and Philippe is in better form at the moment, much higher upside as well.

What are your thoughts on Philippe as a longer format prospect? @1910 I like his technique, great timer of the ball as well.

I think right now the only real questions are for the second opening spot and who bats at 6.

If the first test of the summer was this weekend I think we would see:
Warner
Harris (I'd prefer Burns but can't argue he deserves to be picked on form)
Labuschagne
Smith
Wade
Pucovski (I'd like to see Patterson get another go)
Paine
Cummins
Pattinson
Hazlewood
Lyon

1. Marcus Harris
2. Nic Maddinson
3. Marnus Labuschagne
4. Steve Smith
5. Will Pucovski
6. Josh Philippe
7. Tim Paine (c)
8. Pat Cummins
9. Mitchell Starc
10. Nathan Lyon
11. Josh Hazlewood

I rate Phillipe too but he simply isn’t ready yet. I’d prefer picking Andrews if we are going to go with a left-field choice. His spin is also handy.

I rate Phillipe too but he simply isn’t ready yet. I’d prefer picking Andrews if we are going to go with a left-field choice. His spin is also handy.

Sooooo the guy with 14 FC matches isn't ready, but the guy with 8 FC matches is?

I feel you missed my point, neither of them are ready.

Dunno why you threw him up as an option then lol, if we're only picking guys who are "ready" we may as well go with Warner, Khawaja, S.Marsh & Wade instead of the young guys.

I think this it what they will go with

1. N Maddinson
2. D Warner
3.M Labuschagne
4. S Smith
5. W Pucovski
6. M Wade
7. T Paine
8. P Cummins
9. M Starc
10 J Hazlewood
11. N Lyon
12 J Pattinson

I'd go with

1. N Madinsson
2. U Khawaja
3.M Labuschagne
4. S Smith
5. W Pucovski
6. K Patterson
7. T Paine
8. P Cummins
9. M Starc
10 J Hazlewood
11. N Lyon
12 J Pattinson

He's also 6 years older

I disagree that he's a better batsman if we're talking about First Class cricket. They're both in the low 30's in terms of averages, and Philippe is in better form at the moment, much higher upside as well.

What are your thoughts on Philippe as a longer format prospect? @1910 I like his technique, great timer of the ball as well.

If you were picking the OD side or 20/20 side he'd be a go but don't think one 100 in two years is too special. He started with promise in that game against England but has just floated since. Showed signs last year he was starting to break out a bit but still only had a middle of the road year.

I think this it what they will go with

1. N Maddinson
2. D Warner
3.M Labuschagne
4. S Smith
5. W Pucovski
6. M Wade
7. T Paine
8. P Cummins
9. M Starc
10 J Hazlewood
11. N Lyon
12 J Pattinson

I'd go with

1. N Madinsson
2. U Khawaja
3.M Labuschagne
4. S Smith
5. W Pucovski
6. K Patterson
7. T Paine
8. P Cummins
9. M Starc
10 J Hazlewood
11. N Lyon
12 J Pattinson

Other than Khawaja, I like your side. I’d go with Richardson too, I think he should be the third quick, he just has something special. Reminds me so much of Cummins in many ways.

But I just have this sick feeling SMarsh will be there and the selectors still have all-rounder love, don’t be surprised to see Stoinis named.

Queensland Bulls squad

18. Usman Khawaja (c)
19. Xavier Bartlett
15. Joe Burns
17. Max Bryant
31. Ben Cutting
30. Matthew Kuhnemann
9. Marnus Labuschagne
59. Jimmy Peirson
20. Michael Neser
77. Matt Renshaw
37. Billy Stanlake
24. Jack Wildermuth

Last edited:
Dunno why you threw him up as an option then lol, if we're only picking guys who are "ready" we may as well go with Warner, Khawaja, S.Marsh & Wade instead of the young guys.

Ok let me explain it a little further.

I’m not against Phillippe when the time is right, I rate him. I also think Andrews has a bright future but neither of them should be thrown a cap so green. If it comes to choosing one of them over a Marsh, then by all means, go for it.

However, it shouldn’t come down to that. Maxwell deserves a home shot over these guys, even Burns to an extent and especially Patterson and Pucovski should be in before.

I would have Phillipe ahead of Carey too. I’m not against putting players in before their time on occasion but not two or three together which would be happening if Pucovski and Phillipe/Arnold are in. And I’d absolutely opt for Pucovski before either of those two.

The other problem is that Wade got two Ashes hundreds, that NEEDS to count for something.

Other than Khawaja, I like your side. I’d go with Richardson too, I think he should be the third quick, he just has something special. Reminds me so much of Cummins in many ways.

But I just have this sick feeling SMarsh will be there and the selectors still have all-rounder love, don’t be surprised to see Stoinis named.
Yeah i get what you are saying about Khawaja. I am backing that as an opener on Aussie pitches he will go well. I'd love Renshaw to show some form as I think he is our best long term option

Last edited:
Stanlake and Bartlett together today, going to be a highlight. Was impressed with Bartlett in SA second innings.

Both get great bounce.

Agar continuing his form, Bulls have no idea what is happening. He's too fast.

Around the wicket to Khawaja and he played on, Bryant ridiculous shot four in and Renshaw just no room and Burns having a sort of poke at something he should have left or had a proper go at.

4/34

Agar and Meredith continue to impress me, early days but gee they are fast and move the ball.

Labuschagne 71*

Highest score 91 bowled Starc in 2017.
[automerge]1571796512[/automerge]
Bulls 5/143

Off 30.

Last edited:
Labuschagne 87*

He is the best leaver in Australian cricket- with Smith.
[automerge]1571798648[/automerge]
6/200

38 overs, still a chance to be 260-270.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Midean
  • Socnorb
  • Bucking Beads
  • sooticus
  • Old Mate
  • Tmac
  • Fatboy
  • simplythebest
  • Lozza
  • achievedrap
  • Cavalo
  • Organix
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncoscope
  • Aldo
  • Mightybroncs2k17
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.