Queensland Cup 2022

Turpin 32 tackles- 0 misses.

TC really dug in yesterday- took plenty of hit ups pulled off two big hits. Nice little kick to help Scarlett out.
Good to hear our guys are having a dig in reggies. Did Turps by chance have any runs?

Good to hear our guys are having a dig in reggies. Did Turps by chance have any runs?

Bit hard the ball was rolling around in ankle deep water- nothing but painful slow play the balls.

Hopes 4
Jacks 1
Turpin 3

8 for the game for 60m from three hookers. Normally you win by 50 I would expect your hooker to have close to 100m.

Didn’t Farr come up through the Panthers system for a while too? He’s got some errors in him from what I’ve seen but he also has a huge work rate. I’ve certainly noticed him in the games I’ve watched too, albeit nowhere near as much as you obviously.

Not come up- he's from Rocky played MM for Capras and went and played SG Ball for a year at Penrith then came back to Wynnum after a year down there.

Bit hard the ball was rolling around in ankle deep water- nothing but painful slow play the balls.

Hopes 4
Jacks 1
Turpin 3

8 for the game for 60m from three hookers. Normally you win by 50 I would expect your hooker to have close to 100m.
Hope Turps keeps pressing for a first grade start you never know when he might be needed.

seems like someone needs to intervene on the Mam situation. Absolutely floundering.

seems like someone needs to intervene on the Mam situation. Absolutely floundering.

Keep thinking maybe I am wrong when I watch him this year.

Last night.

4 runs
15m
28 tackles
4 misses
0 kicks
2 handling errors

He didn't want the ball last night, as soon as he got it he looked for someone to pass to and worse passed it no matter what.

I said a month ago Gray was in better form, well Gray isn't even playing league at the moment and he's still in better form.

Keep thinking maybe I am wrong when I watch him this year.

Last night.

4 runs
15m
28 tackles
4 misses
0 kicks
2 handling errors
I’m not sure what the answer is but the broncos should be investigating how to fix this situation as they have earmarked him as a player of the future but he isn’t handling it, and he isn’t being supported by the players around him. His development is in real trouble.

Not sure how much power they have but they should’ve put pressure on the magpies to find a suitable experienced 7 to play next to him at the very least.

I’m not sure what the answer is but the broncos should be investigating how to fix this situation as they have earmarked him as a player of the future but he isn’t handling it, and he isn’t being supported by the players around him. His development is in real trouble.

Not sure how much power they have but they should’ve put pressure on the magpies to find a suitable experienced 7 to play next to him at the very least.

That doesn't explain it because last season things were going better and he only had James there- he was a six game veteran.

That doesn't explain it because last season things were going better and he only had James there- he was a six game veteran.
James complimented him well though. They were working well together.

They should’ve sent Turpin to the Maggies though I’m sure that’s not allowed.

James complimented him well though. They were working well together.

They should’ve sent Turpin to the Maggies though I’m sure that’s not allowed.

That would have created problems if you have to drop Paix again or if you want to promote Mozer before the end of the season.

Norths have Moseley who is great- Wynnum was the only hooking opener.

That would have created problems if you have to drop Paix again or if you want to promote Mozer before the end of the season.

Norths have Moseley who is great- Wynnum was the only hooking opener.
Does he do much training with the broncos squad?

Mam? Everyday. He's in the 30.
Well the main change from last year is he’s training with the main squad every day. This would be the obvious first thing to investigate.

Perhaps he’s not coping well with the added attention and limelight. Maybe he does not think he is good enough to mix it with the big guys and his confidence has taken a knock.

Sounds like a job for the Pearl.

I hope it's not because he's on the fringe of NRL and feels Cup is beneath him?

I hope it's not because he's on the fringe of NRL and feels Cup is beneath him?
I think it was mentioned ages ago that Souths have centred their attack around him, so it's probably more that he's struggling with being the primary playmaker so early in his career and the extra attention from defences towards him.

Souths are also missing Paix who was a key player for them last year, and have a new 7 and 1.... so he's basically playing with 3 new spine members and also has the onus of their attack on his shoulders.

Probably a pretty big burden for a guy in his second year of cup

It may also be because he is trying to expand his game, but is struggling maintain balance to it.

He was a strong runner of the ball but may have been told to look for the pass more. So now he is looking for "pass first" before "run first" and is missing opportunities for himself.

Similar in defence, he may have been told to improve his defensive reads and is now questioning himself and putting himself in no man's land.

I would be attaching him to reynold hip in defence, because reynolds is a half with very good defensive positioning and reads. In attack I would encourage him to simplify his game and go back to what works for him.

The problem for Mam though is that he doesn’t look like he’s trying at times. He’s still got flashes of brilliance here and there but in between he looks like he doesn’t want to be there and given how bad that team is, he probably doesn’t

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Dazza 92
  • bazza
  • RolledOates
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • BroncosAlways
  • Skathen
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Brotherdu
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Foordy
  • Dash
  • Footy Fanatic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.