Piakura 80 minutes
Seven runs
53 Metres
Two line break assists
Two try assists
1 tackle break
30 tackles
1 missed
1 error- think he was rattled from the report made a minute earlier.

Kennedy
51 minutes
15 runs
114 metres
2 tackle breaks
1 offload
29 tackles
2 missed
1 error

James
80 minutes
9 runs
54 metres
30 tackles
2 missed

Considering Norths lost Moseley the forwards did alright. Piakura should never be judged on metres gained. He's like Capewell his runs and passes are fewer but worth more when it's done.

That offload for Gagan try was world class.

Uh Ryan James stats are appalling for 80 minutes

Norths only had 47% of the ball and completed at 59%. It was a hard game to make ground. He made the most tackles for the game.

Every forward but Kennedy and Grant found it hard.

Uh Ryan James stats are appalling for 80 minutes
They were playing in a mud pit... I'm surprised he was able to get through 80min... not sure if that included a stint on an edge though

Norths only had 47% of the ball and completed at 59%. It was a hard game to make ground. He made the most tackles for the game.

Every forward but Kennedy and Grant found it hard.
Only 47% of the ball isn't that bad. Kennedy spent half the time on the field and got double his run metres.

Only further proves James isn't up to Kennedy's level

Piakura 80 minutes
Seven runs
53 Metres
Two line break assists
Two try assists
1 tackle break
30 tackles
1 missed
1 error- think he was rattled from the report made a minute earlier.

Kennedy
51 minutes
15 runs
114 metres
2 tackle breaks
1 offload
29 tackles
2 missed
1 error

James
80 minutes
9 runs
54 metres
30 tackles
2 missed

Considering Norths lost Moseley the forwards did alright. Piakura should never be judged on metres gained. He's like Capewell his runs and passes are fewer but worth more when it's done.

That offload for Gagan try was world class.
100% agree on the Piakura comments especially with his stats shown across the park. I would like to see him get a run at origin to show the player we have at our hands. Piakura could be our new Fifia but with some skills and commitment.

I am not calling for Piakura to be a centre but I reckon he might have the skills to fill in there if an injury occurred in game. He doesn't move well enough laterally to be a permanent one but he does have a beautiful offload and pass on him left to right and is not afraid to put his outside man / men away.

I am not calling for Piakura to be a centre but I reckon he might have the skills to fill in there if an injury occurred in game. He doesn't move well enough laterally to be a permanent one but he does have a beautiful offload and pass on him left to right and is not afraid to put his outside man / men away.
I haven't seen him play yet so I can't say too much of Piakura but I'm sure he'll get a run at origin time. But there's plenty of hype around him and if what you say is true then we have a certain keeper on our hands.

Petero Medal

Smoothy 12
Nikorima 10
Hill 9
Ahearn 8
Powell 8
Bella 7
Browne 7
Hodges 7
Tuaupiki 7

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Harry Sack
  • Cavalo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mr Fourex
  • Stix
  • Jazza
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Culhwch
  • bazza
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fozz
  • heartly87
  • Behind enemy lines
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.