Queensland Cup 2022

Can he cover Paix next week in Melbourne though ?

Forget that, I see you already answered this question.

I don't actually think he can, he isn't in the 30 and isn't on a development deal.

I don't actually think he can, he isn't in the 30 and isn't on a development deal.
Right. I'm sure with the amount of troops out that we can get special dispensation though.

I'm sure Turps can go down in training and Billy is earmarked for the halves.
If Reynolds was out you’d be tempted to play Bill at 7 with Turpin playing 60 minutes and Mozer have a stint.

Obviously a big ask of the kid and as 1910 said, it may not even be an option.

If Reynolds was out you’d be tempted to play Bill at 7 with Turpin playing 60 minutes and Mozer have a stint.

I konw. I just want him to get a game this year and next week against two of the best 9s is a just reward for all his hard work.

Let's say that hypothetically we CAN get an exception to play him...do you do it?

Let's say that hypothetically we CAN get an exception to play him...do you do it?
Depends on Reynolds

If Reynolds is fit which is unlikely you just bring in Turpin but with Paix, Gamble Kelly and Reynolds all out you’d move Billy to 7 and have Turpin at 9 with Mozer getting a 15-30 minute stint depending on how he’s handling it.

Sounds like he handled the step up pretty well but I’m 100% guilty of not watching the game yesterday and basing comments off stats

It's massive, he was gassed yesterday and hurt his ankle. It's the first time he's played a 40 minute half and it showed to expect him to play NRL is way too much.

I'd be surprised if he plays ISC next week- he's had a run to try and make the Queensland team and I think that will be his next game.

It's massive, he was gassed yesterday and hurt his ankle. It's the first time he's played a 40 minute half and it showed to expect him to play NRL is way too much.

I'd be surprised if he plays ISC next week- he's had a run to try and make the Queensland team and I think that will be his next game.
Purely hypothetical, I don’t think it’s a good idea.

I don't think we should throw him in the deep end.

but theoretically if we wanted / needed to, couldn't we just sign him to a train and trail deal.

I don't thin we should throw him in the deep end.

but theoretically if we wanted / needed to, couldn't we just sign him to a train and trail deal.
We also have an empty top 30 spot, potentially 2 if Turpin is released.

I don't think we should throw him in the deep end.

I think they'd see through that- he's not on trial he has an NRL deal next year and is signed until 25.

I think they'd see through that- he's not on trial he has an NRL deal next year and is signed until 25.

well it is the NRL and they are incompetent ... but I thought they changed the rules for this year allowing you to use QLD / NSW Cup players outside your top 30 / development lists as long as they had a train and trial deal

well it is the NRL and they are incompetent ... but I thought they changed the rules for this year allowing you to use QLD / NSW Cup players outside your top 30 / development lists as long as they had a train and trial deal

Yes but train and trials are for people training and trialling not guys on top 30 contracts next year and signed until 2025.

NRL aren't stupid; they just registered a three year extension for Mozer they're not going to believe he's a ISC battler on $1000 a week trying to crack NRL if he impresses and trains hard.

Yes but train and trials are for people training and trialling not guys on top 30 contracts next year and signed until 2025.

NRL aren't stupid; they just registered a three year extension for Mozer they're not going to believe he's a ISC battler on $1000 a week trying to crack NRL if he impresses and trains hard.
Couldn’t you name Walters at 7 and argue that Turpin isn’t an 80 minute hooker?

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Mustafur
  • Xzei
  • Thelmus
  • bazza
  • Broncosgirl
  • Ondi
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • BooKhaki
  • ChewThePhatt
  • leon.bott
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.