Queensland Cup 2022

They're happy to chuck coin at the women's competition. Does that make money?

That's another example of a poorly run competition. Look at how they managed the competition when COVID wreaked havoc and nobody could get a straight answer from management. That was a competition that only had a fraction of the amount of clubs a reserve grade competition would have.

While the competition does run at a loss, it makes the game more inclusive which helps attract sponsors especially moving forward. It also allows them to grow that demographic meanwhile who is reserve grade attracting other than the rusted ons?

The Queensland Rugby League has today confirmed its support for the Western Clydesdales to enter the Hostplus Cup in 2023.

The announcement follows the QRL Board’s review of a detailed submission from the Clydesdales, who have worked closely with the QRL during the past 18 months to put in place the administrative, player and coach development, and commercial structures to support a Cup team.

The Queensland Rugby League has today confirmed its support for the Western Clydesdales to enter the Hostplus Cup in 2023.

The announcement follows the QRL Board’s review of a detailed submission from the Clydesdales, who have worked closely with the QRL during the past 18 months to put in place the administrative, player and coach development, and commercial structures to support a Cup team.

Do you know which NRL team they will be affiliated with?

Frikkin NSW clubs. Like they don't already have enough to choose from.
This is exactly why this competition can die for all I care. There is very little benefit to actual Queensland clubs and they sell their soul to NSW and Victorian clubs. We need a reserve grade competition and all our players playing with each other in a Broncos jersey.

This is exactly why this competition can die for all I care. There is very little benefit to actual Queensland clubs and they sell their soul to NSW and Victorian clubs. We need a reserve grade competition and all our players playing with each other in a Broncos jersey.
It shits me to tears that a Qld club that has not actually entered the comp has aalready been signed up by a NSW NRL team. What the hell is the QRL doing about this?

Why are these teams not supported by the QRL who should insist they affiliate with Qld based NRl teams? It's frikkiin madness. The more successful Qld based teams are in the NRl the more Qlds will play the game and the more money will stay in Qld.

It's financial suicide to allow what's going on.

It shits me to tears that a Qld club that has not actually entered the comp has aalready been signed up by a NSW NRL team. What the hell is the QRL doing about this?

Why are these teams not supported by the QRL who should insist they affiliate with Qld based NRl teams? It's frikkiin madness. The more successful Qld based teams are in the NRl the more Qlds will play the game and the more money will stay in Qld.

It's financial suicide to allow what's going on.
These teams aren’t well known for their business knowledge unfortunately.

These teams aren’t well known for their business knowledge unfortunately.
Well the QRL are not exactly covering themselves in glory either. They're being royally shafted by their NSW counterparts and make the NSWRL look like a professionally run tight outfit.

Staggering really.

Well the QRL are not exactly covering themselves in glory either. They're being royally shafted by their NSW counterparts and make the NSWRL look like a professionally run tight outfit.

Staggering really.

Isn't it a wrap for the QRL and the ISC, they want to be involved in the QRL- means they are running a good competition with strong juniors.

It wasn't too long ago the NSWRL had to say to Manly please have a team here not the Sunshine Coast because no one wanted to get players from NSWRL.

Players moving up is a big part of any team's charter- if you're producing NRL players you're doing your job. Clearly the Bulldogs think Toowoomba has more Prices or JTs.

Provided the Bulldogs are cultivating the area and doing a good job I don't care who is doing the job.

It would be making the Mustangs money, that's money coming into the game in Queensland. If the Dogs want to spend money on Queensland league- again that's a positive.

Isn't it a wrap for the QRL and the ISC, they want to be involved in the QRL- means they are running a good competition with strong juniors.

It wasn't too long ago the NSWRL had to say to Manly please have a team here not the Sunshine Coast because no one wanted to get players from NSWRL.

Players moving up is a big part of any team's charter- if you're producing NRL players you're doing your job. Clearly the Bulldogs think Toowoomba has more Prices or JTs.

Provided the Bulldogs are cultivating the area and doing a good job I don't care who is doing the job.

It would be making the Mustangs money, that's money coming into the game in Queensland. If the Dogs want to spend money on Queensland league- again that's a positive.
I disagree. I think allowing the Dogs to siphon off the cream from that area is cutting our nose off to spite our face. If you can’t see that there is no point in further discussing it. We’re worlds apart on this issue my friend.

The 2023 NSW Cup feeder clubs have been announced

Brisbane Broncos- Penrith Panthers
North QLD Cowboys- Newcastle Knights
Gold Coast Titans- Canberra Raiders
The Dolphins- Parramatta Eels

See how stupid this looks

I disagree. I think allowing the Dogs to siphon off the cream from that area is cutting our nose off to spite our face. If you can’t see that there is no point in further discussing it. We’re worlds apart on this issue my friend.

What do you do if one of the three NRL clubs don't want the Mustangs as a feeder? Broncos didn't want Ipswich so they went to the Knights. What is the ISC club supposed to do?

What do you do if one of the three NRL clubs don't want the Mustangs as a feeder? Broncos didn't want Ipswich so they went to the Knights. What is the ISC club supposed to do?
Be better? What’s the Q Cups problem with wanting to evolve or be better so these clubs want to work with them?

Be better? What’s the Q Cups problem with wanting to evolve or be better so these clubs want to work with them?

So NRL clubs don't make poor choices? Dolphins went to the Warriors when the Broncos didn't want them. How could the Dolphins have been better so the Broncos want them?

Give me a list of the things they could have done.

So NRL clubs don't make poor choices? Dolphins went to the Warriors when the Broncos didn't want them. How could the Dolphins have been better so the Broncos want them?

Give me a list of the things they could have done.
Of course they do, they aren’t known to be great businesses either. The Dolphins are the literal example of showing improvement to the point they’ve become an NRL team.

I’ve given you a list over the years, you just don’t want to hear it.

Better representation in schools
Better TV deals
Better promotion for games
Sticking to a name for the competition
Games before first grade
Not funding boys trips when they’re about to go bankrupt

I could keep going but I’d just be repeating myself. This is usually where you cherry pick one thing by the way.

Of course they do, they aren’t known to be great businesses either. The Dolphins are the literal example of showing improvement to the point they’ve become an NRL team.

I’ve given you a list over the years, you just don’t want to hear it.

Better representation in schools
Better TV deals
Better promotion for games
Sticking to a name for the competition
Games before first grade
Not funding boys trips when they’re about to go bankrupt

I could keep going but I’d just be repeating myself. This is usually where you cherry pick one thing by the way.

You claimed clubs have to get better to attract one of the three Queensland NRL options- then give me a list of things out of their control. When the Broncos left Dolphins what could they have done better as you claim?

But fun list anyway.

QRL isn't broke- turned a profit and didn't have to sack any staff during Covid one of the rare sporting organisations well organised and didn't cost them jobs. 62,330 juniors most in six years. Female up 6%- same pay as the men for Origin too- NSWRL refuse to do it.

You can watch ISC on more platforms than ever before- three options on a Sunday. 2.9 million users of the website.

Every ISC club has a fulltime staff member in schools and junior clubs in their area. 1663 13-15 year old in the RISE program across 16 locations.

Well got me there- the name has changed and what an odd thing to have an issue with. It was Intrust Super for 20 years but you're right it is terrible that it changed. Massive issue.

Games before first grade- four isn't enough for you? CC, MM, Colts and ISC and some even have had five with the girls. You're right there too- four or five games for $10 is horrible- Under 16 is even free, you wouldn't have to mow your neighbours that week to go to the football.

Active Now

• Horseheadsup
  • Broncorob
  • bb_gun
  • Wolfie
  • RolledOates
  • Santa
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mustafur
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.