Queensland Cup 2022

Couldn’t you name Walters at 7 and argue that Turpin isn’t an 80 minute hooker?

You could try but I doubt the NRL would get involved in fitness levels-they'd say that's your job not ours. You normally have to prove you have no other centres capable; and now you have the extended squad I think allowances will be in the past. You have 36 players plus train and trial- really you shouldn't need help.

You could try but I doubt the NRL would get involved in fitness levels-they'd say that's your job not ours. You normally have to prove you have no other centres capable; and now you have the extended squad I think allowances will be in the past. You have 36 players plus train and trial- really you shouldn't need help.

Given we have money in the cap, couldn't we potentially upgrade him to the full time squad given we have one spot open? I am not saying we should do this, just asking if it can be done.

Given we have money in the cap, couldn't we potentially upgrade him to the full time squad given we have one spot open? I am not saying we should do this, just asking if it can be done.

You could but I don't really see the need to do that to maybe give him 20 minutes.

Great defence by Norths- no replacements left for the last 25 minutes.

Willison 50 minutes
Piakura 80 minutes- now has 80 minutes 2/3 last weeks.

Willison defence stood up again under an onslaught by the Pride- Piakura missed some tackles but took plenty of runs that were needed when they were stuffed.

Te Kura made the trip as the replacement but no run.

First two tries of the second half for Souths.

-Mozer looks right but has positioned his body to throw left and throws it so well everyone is on the outside and scores.

-Second Souths try- it's not clear but he spent the three rucks before that ruck not at dummy half- he was behind the ruck then as soon as they were in good ball areas he jumped in- also note it's the fifth- so he's gone to DH looked at the defence then jumped out on the last and thrown a great ball for a try.

First two tries of the second half for Souths.

-Mozer looks right but has positioned his body to throw left and throws it so well everyone is on the outside and scores.

-Second Souths try- it's not clear but he spent the three rucks before that ruck not at dummy half- he was behind the ruck then as soon as they were in good ball areas he jumped in- also note it's the fifth- so he's gone to DH looked at the defence then jumped out on the last and thrown a great ball for a try.
He's looking good. But the Hunters last try looked like he was not interested in making a tackle. i think by this time he was carrying an ankle injury though.

He's looking good. But the Hunters last try looked like he was not interested in making a tackle. i think by this time he was carrying an ankle injury though.

He got out of marker well and held his spot but got brushed off going too high. It was bad positioning to make the tackle once he was there. He will learn you can't go in high and try and hold up massive PNG men close to the line.

Some pretty poor defence from Ethan quai ward on the first try, he's a massive human in real life

Growth.

This sport needs it. The QRL will still exist. It will just be the next tier down. None of the players they listed stayed in QLD either, so the benefits they're claiming do not assist the QLD clubs anyway. Claiming your competition is successful because it's best players go to NSW or Victoria, despite being a QLD feeder competition is not the win you believe it to be. I'd care more if they had more than one game on TV too, they haven't grown above that for decades. Overall, I believe a reserve grade comp benefits the Broncos more and QRL teams need to adapt.

“People are so time poor these days I just don’t feel it would work. People don’t have the time to allocate watching reserve grade then first grade.’’

But we have time to watch the first grade team and then travel to a random suburb at a completely different time or day to watch a sub par game with teams filled with part timers?

“People are so time poor these days I just don’t feel it would work. People don’t have the time to allocate watching reserve grade then first grade.’’

But we have time to watch the first grade team and then travel to a random suburb at a completely different time or day to watch a sub par game with teams filled with part timers?
I think his point is that these teams already receive support from the local community. Stripping those players away to serve an NRL system isn't going to draw an audience.

His main argument is what essentially sunk the NYC. That it became a matter of player welfare and it wasn't healthy to move these players away from their support system give them a taste of success only to toss them by the wayside if they didn't please the right people by 20 years of age.

For the record, I believe a national reserve grade would be ideal but I'm not sure how feasible it would be. You'd essentially have to find $40,000,000 per annum so each club could field a squad of 30 who can play full-time along with coaches, support staff, travel etc.

On top of that, some clubs are struggling to be successful in the NRL, what chance do they have of running another club on top of that? Does the game even have enough coaches who can do a quality job?

If V'landys and company can come to the table and answer those questions then go ahead. However if it's like other endeavours and they just rush it out it could be disastrous for the game.

And if there is one thing the current administration is good at, it’s rushing out bad ideas that have not been thought through.

I think his point is that these teams already receive support from the local community. Stripping those players away to serve an NRL system isn't going to draw an audience.

His main argument is what essentially sunk the NYC. That it became a matter of player welfare and it wasn't healthy to move these players away from their support system give them a taste of success only to toss them by the wayside if they didn't please the right people by 20 years of age.

For the record, I believe a national reserve grade would be ideal but I'm not sure how feasible it would be. You'd essentially have to find $40,000,000 per annum so each club could field a squad of 30 who can play full-time along with coaches, support staff, travel etc.

On top of that, some clubs are struggling to be successful in the NRL, what chance do they have of running another club on top of that? Does the game even have enough coaches who can do a quality job?

If V'landys and company can come to the table and answer those questions then go ahead. However if it's like other endeavours and they just rush it out it could be disastrous for the game.
They're happy to chuck coin at the women's competition. Does that make money?

Active Now

• mrtij
  • LittleDavey
  • Mr Fourex
  • MrTickyMcG
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • Tim K
  • Browny
  • Rookie Alan
  • eggstar10
  • broncsgoat
  • Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • Santa
  • FACTHUNT
  • Midean
  • Gaz
  • Bish
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Xzei
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.