Queensland Cup 2022

And yet Nanai was also awful. Because he didn't get knocked it out in origin 3 though and did well, that's an inconvenient truth.

Back to your original point, I also do know what I'm talking about with a fair and equitable comp albeit it with some flaws and I barely say a bad word about it, it is called the Australian Football League (AFL). But most on here understandably don't like to hear that.

I watch almost every AFL game every week, I barely watch parts of any NRL unless the Broncs are playing.
I have to give McHunt some credit this year. He's done really well to actually create his own opinions instead of relying on the media to decide for him. Unfortunately every single one of these opinions have been terrible, but I'm sure with some practice he will get one eventually.

I have to give McHunt some credit this year. He's done really well to actually create his own opinions instead of relying on the media to decide for him. Unfortunately every single one of these opinions have been terrible, but I'm sure with some practice he will get one eventually.

I don't really agree (there's a shock). He is basically just trying to be a contrarian and you see the same pattern with some other posters on here as well. They try to go against the grain to try and look educated, independent, better than everyone else or some other reason that says I am so smart, s-m-r-t. This is fine if a basis is provided for it and civil discussion follows (@Organix is great at this).

However, generally @McHunt simply comes out with idiotic and childish responses to good challenges or connects 1 and 7 and comes out with 94, then after understandably getting shot down, doubles down with an 'oh I meant this but you were all too stupid to see it' response. This is a shame because every so often, in a whole pile of trash, he does come out with something insightful, it just tends to happen less and less these days.

Pretty disappointed with Piakura his last two games. His last month was going well and then I feel like against Dolphins and Penrith he went backwards.

I know he likes being the wide running off the half back rower but once Gamble and Roberts was out that wasn't going to happen- Ahearn can't do everything. He needed to adapt and come in and help and take some hard runs out of his comfort zone. I thought he did it more in the second half but it wasn't enough.

You can only be Menzies take two if you have forwards doing your work in the middle and a half getting you the ball. It wasn't that sort of game.

I thought in defence he was rushing up and his defence was rushed and had little thought. I said at the time he is a good tackler but he isn't a good defender. He went up past the ball yesterday twice and it led to two tries.

Dolphins targeted him and the big Warriors just pulled him apart making him make multiple efforts and make choices and he couldn't do it. He missed a lot of tackles.

I give his season a pass mark but last two games made me sad.

I don't really agree (there's a shock). He is basically just trying to be a contrarian and you see the same pattern with some other posters on here as well. They try to go against the grain to try and look educated, independent, better than everyone else or some other reason that says I am so smart, s-m-r-t. This is fine if a basis is provided for it and civil discussion follows (@Organix is great at this).

However, generally @McHunt simply comes out with idiotic and childish responses to good challenges or connects 1 and 7 and comes out with 94, then after understandably getting shot down, doubles down with an 'oh I meant this but you were all too stupid to see it' response. This is a shame because every so often, in a whole pile of trash, he does come out with something insightful, it just tends to happen less and less these days.
Thanks, mate. Although I did lose my cool a couple of times.

It is always good to remember that this is the internet and we're able to be a bit bolder online than in real life. While I try to stick to my wheelhouse, this is a footy forum and the couch-coach mentality easily bleeds over into other topics. Plus, it's hard to balance brevity with nuance.

And yet Nanai was also awful. Because he didn't get knocked it out in origin 3 though and did well, that's an inconvenient truth.
Whataboutism. Cobbo was the worst on the field by far, and the errors he made were characteristic of his earlier games in the season. Nanai didn't have his best game. That's true. But to compare the two is clutching at straws.

As for knocking himself out. Get over it. It happened. In the first two minutes. And it fucked the rest of his season. Everyone would've been better off had he been dropped, especially Selwyn.

Note, I said "he wasn't ready" not "he wasn't good enough." Let it go. It's stale. You're carrying on like a scorned woman.

Whataboutism. Cobbo was the worst on the field by far, and the errors he made were characteristic of his earlier games in the season. Nanai didn't have his best game. That's true. But to compare the two is clutching at straws.

As for knocking himself out. Get over it. It happened. In the first two minutes. And it fucked the rest of his season. Everyone would've been better off had he been dropped, especially Selwyn.

Note, I said "he wasn't ready" not "he wasn't good enough." Let it go. It's stale. You're carrying on like a scorned woman.
That entire side was terrible all game, Cobbo made alot of errors but he was lamb to the slaughter out there on the slide transition, the winger will always look the worse on the eyes because he will almost always get beaten because the other team has them out numbered.

There is nothing about his performance that I thought someone like Coates would of improved alot in, who imo is even worse in defence.

Worth noting that Brendan Clark was with the Capras before playing with the Bulldogs NSW Cup side towards the end of the season.

Only 21, certainly a name worth jotting down.

Worth noting that Brendan Clark was with the Capras before playing with the Bulldogs NSW Cup side towards the end of the season.

Only 21, certainly a name worth jotting down.

He was with the Mustangs first and played MM and Colts and then went to the Capras for a ISC chance. He's the exact Toowoomba product the Dogs are trying to develop. See if the Dogs send him back to Toowoomba next season.

Jack Martin to Wynnum from Sharks. Was previously at Broncos.

They've picked the eyes out of Ipswich State High.

Ahmani Lelua- Penrith
Tommy Luhrman- Dolphins
Caleb Jackson- Dolphins
Gabriel Satrick- Storm

Satrick is the one, if he goes on to be an NRL hooker it will be a missed opportunity. Something about him that screams work with me.

They've picked the eyes out of Ipswich State High.

Ahmani Lelua- Penrith
Tommy Luhrman- Dolphins
Caleb Jackson- Dolphins
Gabriel Satrick- Storm

Satrick is the one, if he goes on to be an NRL hooker it will be a missed opportunity. Something about him that screams work with me.

You reckon better than Mozer or you not big on Mozer?

You reckon better than Mozer or you not big on Mozer?

They could have played against each other this year in MM if the draw had presented the chance.

Mozer is more complete at this stage, but Satrick is quick and dynamic, Phil Hall Cup final, scores a great try being strong and then quick tap from a penalty without even consulting anyone and SH score in the corner.

Satrick has that something about him you want to work with and uncover more, in the space of this year he's gone MOTM in the state final, Peter Sterling Medal in finals and playing for Australia.

He's just exploded. It's been fun to watch.

They'd actually complement each other like Mozer and Oscar did at Tweed. Mozer can pick sides apart and duck and weave his way through and Gabe attacks and leaves teams for dead.

Satrick will be in 23 where Mozer was this year, play MM again although not for Jets anymore and then Colts.

They could have played against each other this year in MM if the draw had presented the chance.

Mozer is more complete at this stage, but Satrick is quick and dynamic, Phil Hall Cup final, scores a great try being strong and then quick tap from a penalty without even consulting anyone and SH score in the corner.

Satrick has that something about him you want to work with and uncover more, in the space of this year he's gone MOTM in the state final, Peter Sterling Medal in finals and playing for Australia.

He's just exploded. It's been fun to watch.

They'd actually complement each other like Mozer and Oscar did at Tweed. Mozer can pick sides apart and duck and weave his way through and Gabe attacks and leaves teams for dead.

Satrick will be in 23 where Mozer was this year, play MM again although not for Jets anymore and then Colts.

Sounds like very different players but glad to hear you think Mozer is also the real thing. I’ve been impressed with Mozer the few times I’ve seen him but not blown away. Never seen this other kid.

I also like what little I saw of Packer. Do you think he’s got a future anywhere?

Sounds like very different players but glad to hear you think Mozer is also the real thing. I’ve been impressed with Mozer the few times I’ve seen him but not blown away. Never seen this other kid.

I also like what little I saw of Packer. Do you think he’s got a future anywhere?
I thought Mozer was outstanding against his own age group. Extremely exciting. He fell back to earth a bit in the origin game and in the struggling Magpies team but still looked good for his age.

He’s been hitting the gym a bit apparently which he very obviously hadn’t been taking too seriously previously so hopefully a few extra kilos and a big preseason will get him ready to play against men week in week out. He could be anything.

I thought Mozer was outstanding against his own age group. Extremely exciting. He fell back to earth a bit in the origin game and in the struggling Magpies team but still looked good for his age.

He’s been hitting the gym a bit apparently which he very obviously hadn’t been taking too seriously previously so hopefully a few extra kilos and a big preseason will get him ready to play against men week in week out. He could be anything.

His shoulder has meant he's limited in his gym work, he's still rehabbing and heavily strapped.

Active Now

• Santa
  • theshed
  • Harry Sack
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Aldo
  • Cavalo
  • Footy Fanatic
  • kman
  • Fitzy
  • Behold
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.