Queensland Cup 2022

I'd be happy to not have that game ever played again. Does nothing watching full time players smash part timers. It's actually hilarious that our State comp needs to look at anything NSWRL related to understand any growth at all. That's how far behind we are.

This is why a National 2nd tier is required.

Alright, I've done it.. A merged QRL/NSWRL Reserve Grade Competition with 17 teams

NRL National Reserve Grade
1 New Zealand Warriors - Auckland Vikings
2 Brisbane Broncos - Brisbane Mustangs
3 Canberra Raiders - Canberra Raiders
4 Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs - Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
5 St. George Illawarra Dragons - Illawarra Steelers
6 Cronulla Sharks - Mounties
7 Newcastle Knights - Newcastle Knights
8 Sydney Roosters - Newtown Jets
9 Manly Sea-Eagles - North Sydney Bears
10 Parramatta Eels - Parramatta Eels
11 Penrith Panthers - Penrith Panthers
12 The Dolphins - Redcliffe Dolphins
13 South Sydney Rabbitohs - South Sydney Rabbitohs
14 North QLD Cowboys - Townsville Blackhawks
15 Gold Coast Titans - Tweed Seagulls
16 Melbourne Storm - Victoria Thunder
17 Wests Tigers - Western Suburbs Magpies

Then to keep the QLD and NSW Cup competitions going we move up teams from the next level down to fill those gaps.

QLD Cup (16)
Brisbane Tigers
Burleigh Bears
Central QLD Capras
Fortitude Valley Diehards
Ipswich Jets
Mackay Cutters
Northern Pride
Norths Devils
PNG Hunters
Souths Logan Magpies
Sunshine Coast Falcons
Western Clydesdales
Wide Bay Bulls
Wynnum Manly Seagulls
Wellington Orcas
Fiji Team

NSW Cup (16)
Campbelltown Kangaroos
Central Coast Bears
Cessnock Goannas
Coffs Harbour Comets
Concord Wolves
Glebe Dirty Reds
Kogerah Cougars
Maitland Pickers
North Sydney Brothers
Queanbeyen Blues
Sutherland Pirates
Tamworth Hawks
West NSW Rams
Wollongong Red Dogs
Adelaide Rams
West Coast Pirates

Alright, I've done it.. A merged QRL/NSWRL Reserve Grade Competition with 17 teams

Then to keep the QLD and NSW Cup competitions going we move up teams from the next level down to fill those gaps.

QLD Cup (16)
Brisbane Tigers
Burleigh Bears
Central QLD Capras
Ipswich Jets
Mackay Cutters
Northern Pride
Norths Devils
PNG Hunters
Souths Logan Magpies
Sunshine Coast Falcons
Western Clydesdales
Wide Bay Bulls
Wynnum Manly Seagulls
Wellington Orcas
Fiji Team

NSW Cup (16)
Campbelltown Kangaroos
Central Coast Bears
Cessnock Goannas
Coffs Harbour Comets
Concord Wolves
Glebe Dirty Reds
Kogerah Cougars
Maitland Pickers
North Sydney Brothers
Queanbeyen Blues
Sutherland Pirates
Tamworth Hawks
West NSW Rams
Wollongong Red Dogs
Adelaide Rams
West Coast Pirates
Yes and No. I wouldn’t be going that far. I would literally have a reserve grade system that aligns with every club. QLD and NSW cup to remain the same clubs and continue to have feeder clubs as there will still be players that need systems to develop e.g. MM, SG, Colts, Jersey Flegg.

I think having that extra grade of footy would be good cause it really develops the upper echolant of reserve grade players and then MM and colts players have pathways they can go into that isn’t the BRL which previously in some cases meant they give footy up.

QLD Cup (16)
Brisbane Tigers
Burleigh Bears
Central QLD Capras
Ipswich Jets
Mackay Cutters
Northern Pride
Norths Devils
PNG Hunters
Souths Logan Magpies
Sunshine Coast Falcons
Western Clydesdales
Wide Bay Bulls
Wynnum Manly Seagulls
Wellington Orcas
Fiji Team

NSW Cup (16)
Campbelltown Kangaroos
Central Coast Bears
Cessnock Goannas
Coffs Harbour Comets
Concord Wolves
Glebe Dirty Reds
Kogerah Cougars
Maitland Pickers
North Sydney Brothers
Queanbeyen Blues
Sutherland Pirates
Tamworth Hawks
West NSW Rams
Wollongong Red Dogs
Adelaide Rams
West Coast Pirates
Let Canberra keep Mounties and call the Sharks feeder the Woolooware Wobbegongs

But it's worse than that, it undermines the integrity of the competition and takes the fun out of it. The NRL does a decent, though arguably flawed, job of trying to create a level playing field.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!

From the king of bad takes, this is up there with the worst of them. Nothing can beat Cobbo getting knocked out proving he wasn't ready but this is next level down from that.

Let's look at the FACTS:
- A Penrith player gets a postponed suspension - for the good of the fans of course
- A Broncos player get a suspension enforced after recovering from injury, something which has happened VERY rarely if ever before or since
- A Broncos player gets 4 weeks suspension for a cannonball tackle while another player on the Sharks gets absolutely nothing for VERY SAME thing
- Two Broncos players have a scuffle and get a suspension, multiple scuffles on other teams result in ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
- Annersley comes out with his famous words that the better teams get the better calls
- The NRL has admitted that there are 'scheduling concerns' that go into the draw based on TV revenue / preference, this results in a notoriously unfair spread of games for some teams over others and notoriously soft draws continuously for some teams and difficult draws for others
- The once again notorious inconsistencies of the judiciary are laughable and well reported on by your friends in the media
- Top 8 teams can now get top ups from bottom 8 teams on a fraction of the salary a player is worth
- Better teams constantly take the best players of the not so good teams
- There are basically no incentives whatsoever for clubs who develop players
- Anthony Milford gets run over the coals for something he didn't evidently do while a player who is convicted gets basically nothing
- The Sharks get busted either side of their premiership years but evidently not in the premiership year itself
- The Storm to this day benefit from their systematic salary cap cheating
- The Roosters continue to top up fringe players with internationals and we're all good here
- The Roosters continue to poach everyone else's best juniors but nothing to see here
- And let's not get started on some notoriously bad decisions LITERALLY changing the results of games
- And so so many more things

But yeah, the NRL does a great job of making the comp even.

From the king of bad takes, this is up there with the worst of them. Nothing can beat Cobbo getting knocked out proving he wasn't ready but this is next level down from that.

Let's look at the FACTS:
- A Penrith player gets a postponed suspension - for the good of the fans of course
- A Broncos player get a suspension enforced after recovering from injury, something which has happened VERY rarely if ever before or since
- A Broncos player gets 4 weeks suspension for a cannonball tackle while another player on the Sharks gets absolutely nothing for VERY SAME thing
- Two Broncos players have a scuffle and get a suspension, multiple scuffles on other teams result in ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
- Annersley comes out with his famous words that the better teams get the better calls
- The NRL has admitted that there are 'scheduling concerns' that go into the draw based on TV revenue / preference, this results in a notoriously unfair spread of games for some teams over others and notoriously soft draws continuously for some teams and difficult draws for others
- The once again notorious inconsistencies of the judiciary are laughable and well reported on by your friends in the media
- Top 8 teams can now get top ups from bottom 8 teams on a fraction of the salary a player is worth
- Better teams constantly take the best players of the not so good teams
- There are basically no incentives whatsoever for clubs who develop players
- Anthony Milford gets run over the coals for something he didn't evidently do while a player who is convicted gets basically nothing
- The Sharks get busted either side of their premiership years but evidently not in the premiership year itself
- The Storm to this day benefit from their systematic salary cap cheating
- The Roosters continue to top up fringe players with internationals and we're all good here
- The Roosters continue to poach everyone else's best juniors but nothing to see here
- And let's not get started on some notoriously bad decisions LITERALLY changing the results of games
- And so so many more things

But yeah, the NRL does a great job of making the comp even.
You'd think by now your incessant wailing would have made a difference. Blubber harder, bub.

You'd think by now your incessant wailing would have made a difference. Blubber harder, bub.

You could try and refute my points and for once have an interesting discussion but nope, go for pointlessness, this is your forte I guess.

You could try and refute my points and for once have an interesting discussion but nope, go for pointlessness, this is your forte I guess.
I can't be arsed reading another of your sooky, impotent rants. Harden the **** up you weak ****.

Yet another quality response, and you wonder why people don't take you seriously.
You think bottom feeding the lowest level of fandom - blaming the opposition and admin for cheating - makes you someone to be taken seriously? Grow up. You're being a child.

The way to win is to be better, not make pitiful excuses.

You think bottom feeding the lowest level of fandom - blaming the opposition and admin for cheating - makes you someone to be taken seriously? Grow up. You're being a child.

The way to win is to be better, not make pitiful excuses.

If you actually took the time to have a civil conversation, you would see I didn't just include things about the Broncos. I included things from a number of teams. I would appreciate you actually taking time to explain to me why I should think that the comp is equal and fair or at least attempting to be when some players get suspended while others don't, just as one example. I am using one example because I'm not sure you have the capacity to consider more.

I wasn't even saying the Broncos are poor because of the NRL, in fact I've never specifically said this. I have said they are poor because of awful management and really poor coaching, though I do think they were much better this year.

That point aside, tell me reasons why you believe this competition is fair and equitable. I am willing to listen, I would like to know your reasons instead of your childish responses.

If you actually took the time to have a civil conversation, you would see I didn't just include things about the Broncos. I included things from a number of teams. I would appreciate you actually taking time to explain to me why I should think that the comp is equal and fair or at least attempting to be when some players get suspended while others don't, just as one example. I am using one example because I'm not sure you have the capacity to consider more.

I wasn't even saying the Broncos are poor because of the NRL, in fact I've never specifically said this. I have said they are poor because of awful management and really poor coaching, though I do think they were much better this year.

That point aside, tell me reasons why you believe this competition is fair and equitable. I am willing to listen, I would like to know your reasons instead of your childish responses.
I never said I believe it's "fair and equitable," I said this:

"The NRL does a decent, though arguably flawed, job of trying to create a level playing field. But if the field isn't level, one team that is surely on the tip of the upper slope is the Broncos. We have no excuses."​
I think they get it mostly right. The rest is swings and roundabouts. I think the high ground is accepting the referee's decision is final, knowing they're flawed human beings like all of us, and knowing sometimes the bank error is in your favour. I think reacting in a knee jerk cynical manner deflates the integrity of the competition and makes you a sore loser. Not only does it detract from your victorious opposition's sense of achievement, it ruins your own when it rolls around.

I realize you will find ample company along the low road that leads to Coward's Castle, but I don't want to join you or engage in it. It's beneath me. And this is from someone whose favourite jokes tend to involve dicks and arses.

All that said, I do think the Warriors get the rough end of the pineapple a lot but they tend to be more gracious about it. But not us.

I never said I believe it's "fair and equitable," I said this:

"The NRL does a decent, though arguably flawed, job of trying to create a level playing field. But if the field isn't level, one team that is surely on the tip of the upper slope is the Broncos. We have no excuses."​
I think they get it mostly right. The rest is swings and roundabouts. I think the high ground is accepting the referee's decision is final, knowing they're flawed human beings like all of us, and knowing sometimes the bank error is in your favour. I think reacting in a knee jerk cynical manner deflates the integrity of the competition and makes you a sore loser. Not only does it detract from your victorious opposition's sense of achievement, it ruins your own when it rolls around.

I realize you will find ample company along the low road that leads to Coward's Castle, but I don't want to join you or engage in it. It's beneath me. And this is from someone whose favourite jokes tend to involve dicks and arses.

All that said, I do think the Warriors get the rough end of the pineapple a lot but they tend to be more gracious about it. But not us.

So let me put it in dot form for you, please answer if it isn't beneath you and I'm going to simplify it to hopefully fit into your attention span.

So you are saying that these situations are the 'NRL doing a decent job':

- The Milford and May situations
- The Carrigan 4 weeks and the Sharks player's nothing

There are many other but it is likely beneath you to respond.

You are also welcome to go and follow the Warriors and their 'better' fans.

So let me put it in dot form for you, please answer if it isn't beneath you and I'm going to simplify it to hopefully fit into your attention span.

So you are saying that these situations are the 'NRL doing a decent job':

- The Milford and May situations
- The Carrigan 4 weeks and the Sharks player's nothing

There are many other but it is likely beneath you to respond.
I don't care. If you believe the Broncos are shafted by the NRL, you're calling Donuts incompetent. This is his domain, not mine or yours. We are not the NRL ombudsman. There are enough levels of administration already.

This kind of fan whataboutism goes on in every sport. Occasionally it leads to some kind of reform, when it's warranted. And the NRL is a constant work in progress that takes great pains to explain itself each week by video. Fans don't care about explanations. They just want to make excuses to explain why their team lost.

It's so tiring at the end of every game the usual suspects whinge about the ref and after every judiciary accuse the administration of corruption. Why you think it's my duty to stoop to this level is beyond me. My only opinion on the matter is to leave the worrying about it to the CEO's and enjoy the game.

If you bring me into it, I will always take the high ground knowing full well it makes me unpopular in Coward's Castle.

I said Cobbo wasn't ready because he had the worst game of any player in Origin history in Game 2. He also got himself knocked out within 2 minutes in Game 3, in a tackle that to me looked amateurish (not ready). But I know you're just being a fuckwit here. Yet again. I expect you'll keep going on with this regardless.

As for "bad takes" accusing the refs of cheating is the worst take possible.

I said Cobbo wasn't ready because he had the worst game of any player in Origin history in Game 2. He also got himself knocked out within 2 minutes in Game 3, in a tackle that to me looked amateurish (not ready). But I know you're just being a fuckwit here. Yet again. I expect you'll keep going on with this regardless.

As for "bad takes" accusing the refs of cheating is the worst take possible.

And yet Nanai was also awful. Because he didn't get knocked it out in origin 3 though and did well, that's an inconvenient truth.

Back to your original point, I also do know what I'm talking about with a fair and equitable comp albeit it with some flaws and I barely say a bad word about it, it is called the Australian Football League (AFL). But most on here understandably don't like to hear that.

I watch almost every AFL game every week, I barely watch parts of any NRL unless the Broncs are playing.

Unread

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • Porthoz
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • MrRobot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skyblues87
  • Redux
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncos Maestro
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.