Queensland Cup 2022

Piakura played the full 80 for the first time that's a great outcome. Few bad misses in defence. The Blackhawks first try- he should have got back to marker not stuffed around at the side. But the full 80 is great.

Piakura played the full 80 for the first time that's a great outcome. Few bad misses in defence. The Blackhawks first try- he should have got back to marker not stuffed around at the side. But the full 80 is great.

Good to hear he was able to play the full 80.

Hopefully he can continue to play long minutes consistently and have better luck with injury and suspension.

I know it's a 58-6 win and Souths looked awesome but fullback Tim Sielaff-Burns on second viewing did some great returns with the ball. His try was just backing up the break down the right hand side but he got hit high in running to score, was calm got up and ran the next 10m to put the ball down- didn't lose his mind about the high shot.

Souths spine is just dramatically good at the moment.

Kicked 9 goals too.

Souths are so good- again Sielaff-Burns two tries and 6/8 goals.

160 metres.

2018 Magpies v 2022 Magpies.

2018 lost the national final to Penrith.

Penrith Panthers 38 (Z Cini 2, M Trindall, C Chapman, M Burton, S Crichton, E Clark-Wood tries; S Crichton 4, S Blore goals) def Souths Logan Magpies 32 (E Coulston 2, F Niu, F Takataka, D Fifita, V Finau tries; T Boyd 4 goals)

After four games 2018 had scored 122 points and let in 84.
After four games 2022 have scored 166 points and let in 58.

2018 finished with 274 points from 7 games then another 58 in their two finals games.

Wynnum v Pride bludger of a game.

TC few offloads and good runs on the right played about 32 minutes of first half.
Mariner no ball.
TMM just passing it to Scarlett

Mariner carries three Pride players over the line like a forward.

TC try just fell over the line but nice break from TMM and he could have scored himself I am pretty sure.

Souths v sloppy in MM.
Gray may get them out of this but it's been horrible from Souths. Mozer might need to go back to wearing his headgear it might be his superpower.

Drinkwater in everything for Mackay- one try and several strong runs and kicks. Try was backing up the kick and grabbing it from an offload.

Interesting to note the debut of Harradyn Wilson for the Magpies, the Tweed Head Seagulls U/18 premiership winning five-eighth. I thought he was a stand out against Wynnum in the semi, looked like a real competitive player and I'm keen to track his development.

Also curious to get a MM report for the Magpies. Seemed like Easts really gave it to them early and then lost their way with two sin-bins? Leota with a hat-trick, I'm pretty sure he was somebody fans identified in the U/16s stream as a stand-out.

Tigers go right and score, that side for the Magpies was a shambles- Mam went in and then out and the whole thing went to pieces.

Paix rolls it in and Magpies score- nice little kick.

Pretty disappointing result for the Magpies as the Tigers snag a draw in the dying moments.

Mam on the blindside, Paix goes that way and Mam makes a half break offloads and Souths go 50m and score.
This is one of my biggest issues with turpin, he pretty much never plays the blind side, even if the opposition centre gets caught at marker.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.