Queensland Cup 2022

Interesting to note the debut of Harradyn Wilson for the Magpies, the Tweed Head Seagulls U/18 premiership winning five-eighth. I thought he was a stand out against Wynnum in the semi, looked like a real competitive player and I'm keen to track his development.

Also curious to get a MM report for the Magpies. Seemed like Easts really gave it to them early and then lost their way with two sin-bins? Leota with a hat-trick, I'm pretty sure he was somebody fans identified in the U/16s stream as a stand-out.

MM was horrible, easily Souths worst game, they got away with it which probably shows their class but Hunt won't be too happy. Sloppy and no attention to detail. Set completion would have been 55-60% Gray looked dangerous at times but they looked lethargic and over it a month in.

Jamie-Lee Lewis two tries for Easts.

She could play NRLW at the moment great comeback from injury.

I wonder at what point Mariner will be irresistible to bring in (I'm not calling for it now just so we are clear). He's a raw diamond but man, what a diamond. I went back and watched his round 1 game, he has such good presence of mind and as the game went on, he started looking for more and more work and just read the play so well to keep popping up in a position to do something. Really promising start.

Max Plath son of Jonny scored a handy four pointer on his debut for Wynnum. He’s got a bigger build than his old man too. If he has half the ticker of his old man he’ll be a welcome addition to the Broncos.

Max Plath son of Jonny scored a handy four pointer on his debut for Wynnum. He’s got a bigger build than his old man too. If he has half the ticker of his old man he’ll be a welcome addition to the Broncos.

He kicked the field goal that won Wynnum the Colts GF last year in ET against Dolphins.

Did you see the game? I've only seen some statistics but sounds like a tight match leading up to the field goal.

Norths were the better team and had chances, just didn't ice it. Roberts tackle was a stand out.

He kicked the field goal that won Wynnum the Colts GF last year in ET against Dolphins.
Good to know. That try looked great. What position does he normally play?

Jeez! Thats too good to be true. The sooner he gets working with Reynolds the better then😀

He was coming back from injury too- had the whole year off last year came back late in the season so to play a part in finals and then be playing Cup at start of 22 is pretty impressive.

He was captain of their MM side in 2019 as well.

Nothing to do with Broncos at this stage.

Norths were the better team and had chances, just didn't ice it. Roberts tackle was a stand out.
Cheers. I have since seen two mins of highlights on YouTube and it looks like they threw away the win. Two tries in the dying stages....

He was coming back from injury too- had the whole year off last year came back late in the season so to play a part in finals and then be playing Cup at start of 22 is pretty impressive.

He was captain of their MM side in 2019 as well.

Nothing to do with Broncos at this stage.
Not seen any of his form, but if he was captain of the MM side he must have something going for him. I'm surprised the Broncos have (so far) ignored such a pedigree.

Not seen any of his form, but if he was captain of the MM side he must have something going for him. I'm surprised the Broncos have (so far) ignored such a pedigree.

Hard time to be coming through, sit out all of 20, play some BRL and do your ACL and reappear again end of 21.

Alec McDonald was from the same Wynnum Colts team and is now playing for the Storm this year so just need to be seen enough. Graham has a Dolphins contract for next year too.

I wonder at what point Mariner will be irresistible to bring in (I'm not calling for it now just so we are clear). He's a raw diamond but man, what a diamond. I went back and watched his round 1 game, he has such good presence of mind and as the game went on, he started looking for more and more work and just read the play so well to keep popping up in a position to do something. Really promising start.
Thoughts on his defence? Mate of mine was at the game he scored 4, but said he looked poor defensively. Also something about a brain snap where he just didn't know where the sideline was and ran into touch.

Thoughts on his defence? Mate of mine was at the game he scored 4, but said he looked poor defensively. Also something about a brain snap where he just didn't know where the sideline was and ran into touch.

Yeah he certainly had some issues, a bit Kotoni-like at times and the brain snap was pretty funny, he literally ran over the sideline with no one around him.

He certainly isn't ready by any means but the talent is definitely there, he reminds me sooooooooooooo much of a young Hodges.

I wonder if we might see him on the wing in first grade at some point, perhaps even swapping with Cobbo is Selwyn doesn't improve soon.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.