Q-CUP Queensland Cup 2023

Didn't know where to put this but article in the CM just went up suggesting the Cowboys and Titans look set to field their own teams in QCUP from next year pending approval. Dolphins and Broncos happy with the current set up supposedly.

Mozer vs Smoothy
Quai Ward vs Mariner/Hoeter
Etc

ScreenScreenshot 2023 05 04 at 12 38 34 Round 8 Hostplus Cup team lists

I wonder just what the **** is that all about......?

is it really that hard to figure out.

The Phins already have their own QLD Cup team.

and it's no secret that we prefer the affiliate model, whether due to the cost of running a QLD cup team, or because of Ikin's influence (pretty sure he prefers the affiliate model)

is it really that hard to figure out.

The Phins already have their own QLD Cup team.

and it's no secret that we prefer the affiliate model, whether due to the cost of running a QLD cup team, or because of Ikin's influence (pretty sure he prefers the affiliate model)
I think it may be due to the fact that other teams possibly interstate will then take over the affiliations and they don't want to lose that pathway. It may also pose a problem for Juniors below the Hostplus Cup level when teams do switch to having their own team as how does that work with Colts etc. Few key details to work through there but I like it generally as it does seem stupid watching half your potential future spine at one club and the other half at another.

Didn't know where to put this but article in the CM just went up suggesting the Cowboys and Titans look set to field their own teams in QCUP from next year pending approval. Dolphins and Broncos happy with the current set up supposedly.
My guess is they will call themselves something else to get approved like The cowboys/Titans or something.

I think this is a bad idea for the game as a whole, NSW already tries to kill the lower grade independent clubs by replacing the 2nd tier with in house reserve clubs.

Smoothy super soft try from dummy half, not sure what Souths thought he was going to do.

Pereira two first half tries- gee he never stops. He's NRL quality- great runs out of trouble and stays out and scores tries.

The second one was from a massive Sailor pass.

Wynnum must be on their off- week they seem to be so up and down with form. Mariner non involved, Hoeter in the bin- just not in it.

The Hoeter with the best off-load ever for a try.

Teams have to figure out a way to not let Te Kura get tackled on all fours. He has this ability to stay on his knees and spring straight up with a lightening quick play the ball. Campagnolo try today was on the back of it. He's like Lazo he's never getting on his back but has to be a way to stop those levers being used.

Pereira two first half tries- gee he never stops. He's NRL quality- great runs out of trouble and stays out and scores tries.

The second one was from a massive Sailor pass.

Wynnum must be on their off- week they seem to be so up and down with form. Mariner non involved, Hoeter in the bin- just not in it.
Disappointed to hear about Mariners non involvement, had hopes in the back of my mind he might be able to replace Farnworth next year.
Thoughts?

Gould was apparently at this game, wonder who he is sniffing around?

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Kev_Guz
  • Santa
  • bert_lifts
  • Xzei
  • Johnny92
  • Skathen
  • ezpz
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • Astro
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.