Q-CUP Queensland Cup 2023

Pezet takes on the line, slips in the tackle and Coster is penalised for a head high. Another big call, but it goes the other way this time.

Tigers are going to soak up the clock here and go for goal. Pezet brings it around.

22-18 with 4 to go.

Bears opt to go mid-range and Faatape has it for the Tigers.

Bears not going anywhere this set but the Tigers give away another penalty for a lifting tackle.

Here we go.

Coster with a big run has the Bears on the front foot.

However Hamilton opts for a kick when the Bears had the numbers. Tigers accept the goal line drop out.

Jacks gives away a deliberate penalty but stays on the field! We've got one play and the Tigers are down a player!

Hamilton kicks it for Maumalolo the greatest player of all-time George Jennings takes the ball and that's all she wrote! 32 years and it's finally over!

22-18 Tigers!

I rarely like to agree with Parker but that should be 13v11
How Jacks stayed on the field is beyond me.

I missed the Grant penalty in all the drama, it just appeared to an off-side penalty didn't it?

Honestly Powell was probably lucky as well with that lifting tackle, it was pretty ugly.

Hamilton had three opportunities to play to Kini there near the end and didn’t. Unbelievable!

maxresdefault.jpg

Not all heroes wear capes! Let's go @BroncosAlways

How Jacks stayed on the field is beyond me.

I missed the Grant penalty in all the drama, it just appeared to an off-side penalty didn't it?

Honestly Powell was probably lucky as well with that lifting tackle, it was pretty ugly.
Grant was all over the ruck holding on for dear life as well. Another professional foul basically

Grant was all over the ruck holding on for dear life as well. Another professional foul basically
Just saw the replay, I think I was distracted by Hamilton getting absolutely smoked by Jacks in the tackle. Yeah absolute no-brainer sin-bin there and it should have been a 13-11 game.

I wonder if Roberts pulled up lame after that shoulder injury? Hamilton played like he had the world on his shoulders.

Just saw the replay, I think I was distracted by Hamilton getting absolutely smoked by Jacks in the tackle. Yeah absolute no-brainer sin-bin there and it should have been a 13-11 game.

Not only was it poor refereeing not to sin-bin the first blatant professional foul, he allowed time to keep ticking down after the sin-bin rather than immediately calling time off.

If he refereed correctly, called time off immediately and then sin-binned both players it would've been 13 vs 11 with about 15-20 seconds remaining.

Not only was it poor refereeing not to sin-bin the first blatant professional foul, he allowed time to keep ticking down after the sin-bin rather than immediately calling time off.

If he refereed correctly, called time off immediately and then sin-binned both players it would've been 13 vs 11 with about 15-20 seconds remaining.
In fairness if Jacks had have gone there would have been 30 on the clock, Jacks would have soaked up time and it's impossible to say Grant would have followed suit. Still, the Bears should have had an extra play or two with the player advantage.

Years and years ago BAlways talked G Jennings up deluxe only for injuries to decimate his career. So whenever George resurfaces I always have to give a shout out and he came up clutch in that final play to deny Maumalo.

Terrible last five minutes from Bears. That’s what lost it. They had three chances in that time and were terrible.

Kini I think will do a Cobbo from 2021 GF and have a great game. He's my DH Medal too.

That's about the only thing I got right.

Cobbo 21- one try, 274m, 2-line breaks, 18 tackle breaks.

Kini 23-245m, 2-line breaks, 1 try assist and nine tackle breaks, one Hall Medal.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • MrMoore
  • Foordy
  • Inside pass
  • TimWhatley
  • Financeguy
  • Santa
  • Maroon4life
  • simplythebest
  • bb_gun
  • mitch222
  • Battler
  • Allo
  • rj9
  • Brocko
  • Rambstien
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Mighty Bronx
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.