Queensland Preliminary Squad

Yeah I agree QLD, I was yelling for Cronk as the utility last year if they were going to pick one. If Hunt or Slater becomes unavailable I would pick Cronk on the bench, the guy can play just about anywhere and used to before Orford left the Storm.

i think QLD selectors have it set in their mind from 2 years ago about michaels. he would have been there before boyd until that season ending knee injury. i wouldnt know how hard it is coming back from a knee reconstruction but i dont really see michaels as the liability everyone is talking about on here.

i also think michaels will hold that spot for the season and israel and hodges will play wing and centre on right side for the next few years at least and will play for QLD and Australia in the same positions and continue to switch and get better and better.

It's a prelim. squad, no doubt to account for future form and injuries.

obiviously the naming of Michaels is a gee up to make NSW think they have some small chance of winning this year..

hope they stick with what has let QLD win the last 3 years

shaneomac said:
i think QLD selectors have it set in their mind from 2 years ago about michaels. he would have been there before boyd until that season ending knee injury

Wasn't that last year, not 2 years ago?

where would they play michaels anyway?

1. hunt / slater
2. boyd
3. inglis
4. hodges
5. folau

all 5/6 of them have done enough to hold their spots

QUEENSLANDER said:
where would they play michaels anyway?

1. hunt / slater
2. boyd
3. inglis
4. hodges
5. folau

all 5/6 of them have done enough to hold their spots

Broncos

I can't believe that the selectors rate Costigan and Harrison ahead of Michael Luck. Don't they bother watching warriors games? My starting back row would be Thaiday, Myles and Luck. Great to see Staggy in the squad, his form with the Bulldogs has been outstanding. He still racks up plenty of tackles and with his increased involvement in attack it seems he may have been somewhat stifled at the Broncos. Also I thought Kenny was unlucky to miss. The rest okay by me. I've always had a high opinion of Ballin. During his time here in the lower grades I thought his passing off the ground was the best in the club. I think he thoroughly deserves his spot on his form over the past two seasons. Michaels is maybe a bit lucky to make it, but his main opposition positionally would be Sailor [past origin now] and Kemp [not doing enough with the warriors].

In summary I would only make 2 changes, Costigan & Harrison out, Luck & Kenny in.

Argus said:
but his main opposition positionally would be Sailor [past origin now] and Kemp [not doing enough with the warriors].

You say Kemp is not doing enough with the Warriors. I would say he's doing more than Michaels is with the Broncos.

Also, Sailor definitely deserves to be there ahead of Michaels. Age should not be a factor, look at his form.

It's all trivial anyway, Queenslander outlined what the backline should be earlier.

Plethora of Full Backs and Halves.

Dearth of Props.

Kenny should be there.

Stupid Squad.

I really don't understand the point of naming thsi squad anyway. There will be players from it that that won't play origin this year, there will be players from it that will never play origin, and there will be players from outside thsi list that will most likely play in this years series. Just seems like a waste of time to me

Interesting that Luck isnt there. Read that he was the first ever NRL player to break the 70 tackle mark in one match the other day. I realise you wouldnt have both him and Johnson in the team. Id go as far as saying I think Luck is in much better form than Johnson and based purely on form, Luck should be there. Johnson has done his time for QLD tho, and deserves a shot, the poor bugger has been knocked out cold too many times to count lol

QUEENSLANDER said:
Interesting that Luck isnt there. Read that he was the first ever NRL player to break the 70 tackle mark in one match the other day.

Yeah but they're all flops or wussy little tackles that don't hurt.

Regards,
Queenslander RE: David Stagg when he made 60-odd tackles for the Broncos a few years ago.

Dallas is the incumbant, Luck is much the same player - no better no worse. If Dallas was injured Luck would/should be there. He's not, so meh

QUEENSLANDER said:
Interesting that Luck isnt there. Read that he was the first ever NRL player to break the 70 tackle mark in one match the other day.

I suppose an extra 10 minutes game time helped that though. I reckon Hindmarsh 67 tackles in 80 mins is still better than Lucks 70 in 90 mins, but regardless, the first one to crack 70 in a game is quite an acheivement.

Coxyz said:
QUEENSLANDER said:

Yeah but they're all flops or wussy little tackles that don't hurt.

Regards,
Queenslander RE: David Stagg when he made 60-odd tackles for the Broncos a few years ago.

I can see what ur trying to do, but i think Luck hits with a bit of speed alot of the time and dont really think he flops that much. Johnson and Luck have a bit of sting in their hits, whereas stagg and fitzgibbon rack up tackles with flops and hugs.

Hehe, yeah just yanking ya. But don't knock hugs. Everyone needs a hug.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Xzei
  • Broncorob
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dash
  • Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brocko
  • Dazza 92
  • Foordy
  • Porthoz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fatboy
  • Financeguy
  • Battler
  • TimWhatley
  • Dony Eliakim
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.