The Dolphins discussion

Wayne will be good for the Everywhere Cetaceans (pronouns: Phin, Phins)

You need a high profile brand to build on, and for all his failings the old goat will deliver on that.

Whatever their name will be, it won't be "Redcliffe", so this little thing about 72 years of history has as much validity as any other merger going around in the NRL, that's essentially what they are doing here.

Merging with another region to appeal to a larger group of people, I hope they come up with something because I'm going to get sick of throwing rights at blokes who refer to them as "The Phins".
That's what plenty who follow them call them. Nothing wrong with it.

I don't think it's going to be anything else. I'm 100% sure they have no intention of simply calling themselves the Dolphins.
Why not retain Redcliffe, rather than Dolphins? Call themselves the Redcliffe Ratbags, Redbacks or Dugongs or anything that's not yet another name made more famous by an NFL team.

Why not retain Redcliffe, rather than Dolphins? Call themselves the Redcliffe Ratbags, Redbacks or Dugongs or anything that's not yet another name made more famous by an NFL team.
They want a broader area most likely.

And Miami came after Redcliffe, they ripped off the mighty Phins!

They want a broader area most likely.

And Miami came after Redcliffe, they ripped off the mighty Phins!
Isn't the issue the Redcliffe Dolphins will remain an ISC team? Whatever they say they're called, everyone will call them Redcliffe.

Is Petero any chance of jumping ship?

Isn't the issue the Redcliffe Dolphins will remain an ISC team? Whatever they say they're called, everyone will call them Redcliffe.
They will, newer fans probably won't, but the ones already involves with them will.

Don't think that's the issue. Plenty of NRL teams have the same name in the lower grades e.g. Penrith, Parra, Canberra, Souths etc.

I don't think it's going to be anything else. I'm 100% sure they have no intention of simply calling themselves the Dolphins.
I think I read an article somewhere yesterday that has a group of businessman who strongly supported the Dolphins NRL bid saying that if it aint the Moreton Bay Dolphins....they will pull their support...... ~10 mil

I think I read an article somewhere yesterday that has a group of businessman who strongly supported the Dolphins NRL bid saying that if it aint the Moreton Bay Dolphins....they will pull their support...... ~10 mil

How was this not completely sorted prior to approval?

How was this not completely sorted prior to approval?
Agreed.......I dunno, I certainly aint no Elon Musk.....but the business practice of anything NRL related just seems completley bizzarre....and or fucked.

Why would spend over a million dollars to fight for your name to then abandon it?

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • NSW stables
  • Mr Fourex
  • Jedhead
  • KateBroncos1812
  • jd87
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Fitzy
  • broncotville
  • Dony Eliakim
  • LittleDavey
  • Browny
  • phoenix
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Mister Wright
  • Dash
  • Manofoneway
  • mitch222
  • BroncosAlways
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.