The Dolphins discussion

Hi Wayne, it's me Billy.
No, Walters.
Kevvie's son.
I hear you missed out on Kalyn and Cameron. Just thought I'd let you know I'm available next year.
Kevvie's son, yes.
Never mind, I thought it was worth asking.

Bennett has denied signing SoS, says they haven't even had talks ... yet.

Bennett Says:

“I’m not going to lie about this - we haven’t signed Sean O’Sullivan,” Bennett said.

“We haven’t spoken to him, but that’s not to say we wouldn’t consider Sean down the track.

“I know who’s off-contract in the NRL and O’Sullivan is off-contract and he’s a player we may well want to talk to, but as of today, there’s been no conversations, no approach, nor have we tabled an offer.”

“If he signs it will be my call in conjunction with Terry Reader (Dolphins CEO),” Bennett said.

“His father (Peter O’Sullivan) won’t be allowed to be involved. I won’t have that.

“I don’t know where we are going yet with our depth in the halves.

“Sean has shown at Penrith how useful he can be, he did a good job filling in for Cleary, but we don’t know which playmakers we will have on our books.

“A lot will depend on whether we can get guys like Cameron Munster and Anthony Milford.

“We won’t be jumping at shadows now, we have to stay patient with our recruitment because there’s still another six months to go (before the Dolphins’ first pre-season) and a lot of football to be played.

“We already have one halfback in young Katoa, but he’s only 18 and we will need more experienced guys to support him.”
Interesting that Wayne has publicly confirmed Milford.

I'd have thought it's a total no-brainer. We know Milf prefers to stay in Bris. We know Wayne loves him and thinks he can get the best out of him. I'd be stunned if he DIDN'T end up with the Phins next year.

I'm quite positive WB helped Milford with his 1 year deal at the Bunnies ...before it went tits up (no pun intended.

He was getting him to cool his heels until 2023......

I'll bet my left nut on Milford playing at The Dolphins.....at least while WB has something to say about it.

I'm quite positive WB helped Milford with his 1 year deal at the Bunnies ...before it went tits up (no pun intended.

I'll bet my left nut on Milford playing at The Dolphins.....at least while WB has something to say about it.

Unless Milford's dad tries to get involved for some reason, Wayne is having none of that.

16BE5654 7611 402F A1FC 66CC146468DE

Milford will 100% be at Redcliffe, if they get Munster they still need a 6 for their opening season. Once he gets there in 2024, Milford will move to 7. If they can land Walsh, I'd say WB will be more than happy with Walsh/Milford creating points, and SOS will be 7 for 12 months with a plodder at 9.

Milford will 100% be at Redcliffe, if they get Munster they still need a 6 for their opening season. Once he gets there in 2024, Milford will move to 7. If they can land Walsh, I'd say WB will be more than happy with Walsh/Milford creating points, and SOS will be 7 for 12 months with a plodder at 9.
I wouldn't consider young Graham a plodder.

It's more likely O Sullivan will be at 6, with Milford at 7 to adjust to it, so they can hit the ground running when Munster gets there

Angus Hinchey- son of a Dolphins legend and best second rower in MM this year- I'd be having a chat with Hinchey for 23.

Great metre gainer, strong, lines, line break and pass. Better season than Te Kura.

It's more likely O Sullivan will be at 6, with Milford at 7 to adjust to it, so they can hit the ground running when Munster gets there
That would be extremely surprising if they did that. But what number they wear wouldn't matter, they'll still play their natural game.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.