NEWS Reece Walsh sells his soul to Warriors. No big deal.

Yeah we fucked up fair and square. Hopefully Broncos' would have learnt their lesson and not **** up Cobbo's new contract next year.

Good spine players will always take up a large chunk of your salary cap, if you get cheap on them you are going to get cheap results.

There's always going to be good spine players that are going to cost less than what we would have had to pay Walsh to keep him. Then there will another and another and another.

There's always going to be good spine players that are going to cost less than what we would have had to pay Walsh to keep him. Then there will another and another and another.
Then Melbourne might as well also let Munster, Papenhuyzen and Grant go because there will be someone else pretty good that's cheaper.

Except at the point we lost Walsh we were getting down to the bare bones of juniors coming through. We had to make a call and take a punt on someone.. Walsh looked a slam dunk and I had only seen him for 30mins in a trial game... he looks much better than what Cobbo does even now

Halves
Ash Taylor - Gone
Tanah Boyd - Gone
Paix - Converted to a hooker
Bhunt - Gone
Sam Walker - Didn't bother
Knik - Released
Milf - Failing and more than likely gone
Croft - Bought from the market and failing
Dearden - Last half left when Walsh signed elsewhere... now gone

Fullbacks
Allan - I didn't rate all that much, but gone
Isaako - Tried and failing
Niu - Making no impact
Walsh - Gone
Cobbo - Literally the only one left and he doesn't look anywhere near as good as Walsh.

Hookers
Parcell - Let go
Simpkin - Gone
Hetherington - Converted to a lock
Paix - Converted half to a hooker and looking a long way off at the moment

Our junior stocks and spine stocks are gone and now we are having to desperately buy players from the market. We had one in our lap and let him go.

If they anticipated that he was going to be the starting fullback as early as 2022 then why did they only try to pay him $350k... he would've been the cheapest fullback in the comp by a long way... outside of maybe Kennedy who will get an upgrade this year anyway

$500k is cheap for a starting fullback

We will probably be scrambling to re-sign Cobbo now, because we have no fullback stocks left

He shouldn't be getting to that point, should be extended already. Same shit that happened with all of them

And yet nothing has changed because...you guessed it, no one in R&R has been changed.

We will lose him if we sign Hynes, quote me on it next year.

he’s seen Walsh, he’s also a big talent.
I like Hynes but not at the expense of cobbo. No fucking way

He shouldn't be getting to that point, should be extended already. Same shit that happened with all of them
It's been reported in the papers, Cobbo is reluctant to re-sign coz Broncos might sign up Hynes and take up his preferred FB position.

I'd sign up Hynes anyway and play him in the 5/8 position and put Cobbo as FB. Once we get Cobbo's signature you can always move him anywhere for the greater good of the team.

He didn't want to stay. We didn't kick him out. He has always looked an excellent prospect, and we will miss having him here but it's going to happen sometimes, you lose players.

Regardless of how good Walsh is or turns out to be, I think the club played it right.

we offered a contract befitting of his standing. The **** couldn’t play a handful of games in Qcup and work his way into the team.

1. Reece Walsh
2. ?
3. Herbie Farnworth
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Xavier Coates
6. ?
7. Sam Walker
8. Patrick Carrigan
9. ?
10. Payne Haas
11. David Fifita
12. ?
13. Tevita Pangai Jr

14. ?
15. ?
16. ?
17. ?

This is what our core group should've been moving forward, fill in the blinks with almost anyone and we'd be a premiership threat for the next 10 years.

Such a shame that our management is so incompetent.

Regardless of how good Walsh is or turns out to be, I think the club played it right.

we offered a contract befitting of his standing. The **** couldn’t play a handful of games in Qcup and work his way into the team.

Didn’t we re-sign Piakura for big money?
A rookie that hasn’t played first grade yet.

We will lose him if we sign Hynes, quote me on it next year.

he’s seen Walsh, he’s also a big talent.
I like Hynes but not at the expense of cobbo. No fucking way
100% we will lose him, but not because of Hynes, it will be because he'll want money that he hasn't earned and we won't be able to afford him.

The player managers have the R&R team over a barrel and they are unable to lock down juniors before they hit grade... we don't end up getting to see if they have anything going for them before we have to pay them.

If he comes in and wants $300k, even though he's barely done anything in ISC, then he may as well go and we may as well be done with developing kids.

Let someone else do the work and when someone that we want turns 19 and looks good just throw the kitchen sink at them like every other team except panthers do

100% we will lose him, but not because of Hynes, it will be because he'll want money that he hasn't earned and we won't be able to afford him.

The player managers have the R&R team over a barrel and they are unable to lock down juniors before they hit grade... we don't end up getting to see if they have anything going for them before we have to pay them.

If he comes in and wants $300k, even though he's barely done anything in ISC, then he may as well go and we may as well be done with developing kids.

Let someone else do the work and when someone that we want turns 19 and looks good just throw the kitchen sink at them like every other team except panthers do
It’s a disgrace, you mentioned the panthers being the only other club, well they’re definitely about to feel the pinch. Nswrl will probably give them some extra leeway to keep developed players though.

I absolutely hope we completely pull the plug. I mean it

Unread

Active Now

• Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  • Porthoz
  • matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.