NEWS Reece Walsh sells his soul to Warriors. No big deal.

With how all this Walsh saga is playing out in the media and the Warriors coming out and having little digs at the Broncos implying we never realised his talent blah blah, I genuinely wish we did not release him early.
We should have kept him around for 2021 and made the Warriors wait. In the mean time it is possible Walsh would have seen that the club is looking on the up, and potentially made him regret to a degree his decision.
There is no denying he got big $$ chucked at him, but I still don't know why we didn't go to say 300k yet we were ok in giving Piakura the big $.. To say Walsh hadn't even debuted yet is invalid because neither has Piakura. We all saw how well Walsh played in the pre-season trial.
Where the Broncos are at currently, I would have said it would have been more important to hold onto Walsh as we have no great FB options then hold on to Piakura or Niu..
Add to the mix that we have just re-signed Niu for I dare say around the 400k mark? which is what Walsh is apparently on at the Warriors.
Sure we had no CEO when Walsh made his decision to leave, but hopefully the club has learned from this. I think we would have been better off keeping Walsh and letting Niu or Isaako (preferably Isaako) go.

With how all this Walsh saga is playing out in the media and the Warriors coming out and having little digs at the Broncos implying we never realised his talent blah blah, I genuinely wish we did not release him early.
We should have kept him around for 2021 and made the Warriors wait. In the mean time it is possible Walsh would have seen that the club is looking on the up, and potentially made him regret to a degree his decision.
There is no denying he got big $$ chucked at him, but I still don't know why we didn't go to say 300k yet we were ok in giving Piakura the big $.. To say Walsh hadn't even debuted yet is invalid because neither has Piakura. We all saw how well Walsh played in the pre-season trial.
Where the Broncos are at currently, I would have said it would have been more important to hold onto Walsh as we have no great FB options then hold on to Piakura or Niu..
Add to the mix that we have just re-signed Niu for I dare say around the 400k mark? which is what Walsh is apparently on at the Warriors.
Sure we had no CEO when Walsh made his decision to leave, but hopefully the club has learned from this. I think we would have been better off keeping Walsh and letting Niu or Isaako (preferably Isaako) go.
Exactly, I hope this is a lesson and now that DD is here we never do something like this again. The audacity of Cameron George to have digs after us doing them a favour is disgraceful.

Yep letting him walk out the door for free this season was the worst thing we did this year.

I’ve heard from a non-broncos yet footy connected person that Paul White needs to have a criminal investigation for the moves he made in the last couple of years. I’m starting to believe it.

From what I’ve heard Newcastle went hard for Niu after they missed out on Staggs.
Im not sure if the Bunnies did end up going for Niu.
Newcastle got Gagai after they missed out on Staggs

Wouldn't surprise me if Walsh comes back
I think that would be the plan and may have been part of the motive for releasing him early ie. let him leave on positive terms.

I think it's only a matter of time before warriors implode under Brown.

They'll probably have to offer him $800k-$1m to keep him over in NZ in a few years... could easily be ripe for the picking to bring him back

Reece Walsh is like Sam Walker.
They both do some great things, but no one talks about their lack of size and strength being total liability for their side.

Both look like they will be worth big bucks in the future, but not right now..not for another 1 or 2 years.

Niu would be on 200k I reckon as he is half a player right now. In attack, he looks electric but still isn't without errors, in defense though he is a total non-entity. If he fixes up his defense and effort plays (and this is not always an easy fix), he could be a gun. Right now though, he is kind of lucky to be in first grade.

you qualify to work for the courier mail now ... since you seem to have a gift for making up figures.

BTW, 300k wouldn't have kept Walsh. 500k and handing him the position on a silver platter (without having to earn it) MIGHT have kept him

you qualify to work for the courier mail now ... since you seem to have a gift for making up figures.

BTW, 300k wouldn't have kept Walsh. 500k and handing him the position on a silver platter (without having to earn it) MIGHT have kept him
don't think he even needed to be handed the position to be honest... I'm sure he wouldn't give a shit if he was getting paid $500k a year to be playing reggies for warriors.

The playing A grade spin is just the narrative he's selling to News Corp, because the alternative is "bro they're giving me double what broncs offered!!"

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Battler
  • Sproj
  • Johnny92
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Xzei
  • Skathen
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncoFan94
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • broncoscope
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.