NEWS Reece Walsh sells his soul to Warriors. No big deal.

Reece Walsh: $5,000 fine, two match suspension
Cameron Munster: $30,000 fine, one match suspension, education and training program
Brandon Smith: 15,000 fine, one match suspension, education and training program
Chris Lewis: $4,000 fine, one match suspension, education and training program

Storm will announce further fines and sanctions today.

Mullah Abdo:

“I understand that players have endured a long season under strict protocols. However, there is no excuse for the behaviour we have seen over the past week. The players have let themselves, their clubs and the rugby league community down. These sanctions are designed to include an element of rehabilitation and development as well as having consequences for the individual and team.”

Matt Tripp:

“We never wanted this to fester, it’s against the Melbourne Storm’s wishes and we would have had this nipped in the bud 24 hours after we became aware of it. There is zero tolerance at the club, we strive to be better than most, and we need to fix that.”

McHunt

Reece Walsh: $5,000 fine, two match suspension
Cameron Munster: $30,000 fine, one match suspension, education and training program
Brandon Smith: 15,000 fine, one match suspension, education and training program
Chris Lewis: $4,000 fine, one match suspension, education and training program

Storm will announce further fines and sanctions today.

Mullah Abdo:

“I understand that players have endured a long season under strict protocols. However, there is no excuse for the behaviour we have seen over the past week. The players have let themselves, their clubs and the rugby league community down. These sanctions are designed to include an element of rehabilitation and development as well as having consequences for the individual and team.”

Matt Tripp:

“We never wanted this to fester, it’s against the Melbourne Storm’s wishes and we would have had this nipped in the bud 24 hours after we became aware of it. There is zero tolerance at the club, we strive to be better than most, and we need to fix that.”

McHunt

In other words, Tripp is saying he would have preferred this never became public and they could have swept it under the official or unofficial rug, depending on which one the pay off from all concerned came from.

One game suspension (likely a trial game). Way to crack down hard NRL.
Don't think it will be a trial. Looks like the Storm is going to kick Munster's nuts as well.

ScreenScreenshot 2021 10 05 at 11 59 26 Rehab revelation as Storm star hit with sack threat

Pretty sure the Storm own them at this point

- Rehab
- $100k fine for ANY indiscretion
- No more leader guy

0.01% chance he remains at the Storm post contract
ScreenScreenshot 2021 10 05 at 12 36 46 Rehab revelation as Storm star hit with sack threat

Pretty sure the Storm own them at this point

- Rehab
- $100k fine for ANY indiscretion
- No more leader guy

0.01% chance he remains at the Storm post contract
Out of those 3 the storm only care about BSmith.

Munster has already flagged his intention to captain the plastics in 2023 so if they can sack him early and bump up Bsmith and Harry they'll do it.

I barely knew Lewis' first name until this hit the news and I suspect Tripp and co were the same... he's a dime a dozen storm forward that they can likely replace at any time.

Just like after Munster's PR hit a few years back I expect to hear nothing but glowing praises about BSmith's redemption story and leadership credentials for the next 12 months, as he signs a 3yr extension.

Unfortunately for Munster he's on the outer this time around, and given Hughes completely outplayed him this year, he is well and truly surplus to requirements... I expect any tiny indiscretion from Munster will be leaked to the press until something of substance sticks so they can sack him

Im not sure why Munster's fine is higher. Smith was the one filmed actually handling the substance.

Im not sure why Munster's fine is higher. Smith was the one filmed actually handling the substance.
I guess seniority (part of leadership group vs. emerging leader group) and previous misdemeanors or incidents but yeah, NRL fines should have been closer in size.

Agree with @BroncsFan as well that Munster is more on the outer at the Storm than Smith which might have factored into the fines decided by the Storm as well.

What explanation is there for carrying a small bag with a white substance? Looking for a good excuse here..

For me it's sugar, if I am going camping... perhaps there are better ideas?
We got pulled up a few times in clubs because we carried a bag of white powder in our cue cases. We'd use a bit of talcum powder in summer because our cues would be too sticky from the combination of humidity, sweat and naturally occurring body oils. We were dedicated snooker players.

Weak as **** sanctions from both the NRL and Storm .... especially when you consider how hard they came down on Haas and Staggs last year for lesser offences did Haas and Staggs get?
How many weeks did Haas and Staggs get?

Speaking to a bloke at work today about this he's best mates with the dad of a nrl top 30 player and yeah says it gets pulled out like its their phones but most is done behind closed doors the stupid ones get caught
People who have never used drugs seem to look down on more liberal or adventurous types but I don't think they realize they really are in the minority. I'd say a very healthy majority of the population have had a dabble at least once in their lives.

I always think it's a bit rich (coming from the Broncos) that condemnation can be so strident when steroid use was commonplace throughout every team especially back in the 80s and 90s. I won't be specific here but I had, err connections and lived in Sydney back then and shit happened everywhere in every team including our own teams.

I'd say at least 30 premierships have been won and contested with chemical assistance in the background. Not saying all coaches supported it mind you but I'd guess quite a few just 'didn't want to know or ask'.

Active Now

• Socnorb
  • ivanhungryjak
  • bert_lifts
  • Fozz
  • Porthoz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Manofoneway
  • Maroon4life
  • Skyblues87
  • broncsgoat
  • I bleed Maroon
  • peter09
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.