NEWS Reece Walsh sells his soul to Warriors. No big deal.

That is everyone's model- how many Brisbane players from Brisbane tonight?
Of our QLD-born players only Niu, Bullemor and Carrigan came through the Broncos system into first grade.

Where they were born and represent:

Turpin: Brisbane
Milford: Brisbane (Samoa)
Carrigan: Brisbane
Niu: Brisbane (Tonga)

Bullemor: Emerald
Croft: Dalby
Flegler: Innisfail

Isaako: NZ
Te'o: NZ
Glenn: NZ
Riki: NZ

TPJ: Sydney (Tonga)
Asiata: Penrith (Tonga)
Kennedy: NSW

Coates: PNG
Mead: PNG

Farnworth: UK

Obviously this is slightly disingenuous as some of the other non-QLD born players made their first grade debut in Brisbane.

Last edited:
Maybe we're playing the long game. We've already helped **** up the Dragons and Titans salary cap, now the Warriors. If we keep it up eventually we'll be the only team left with any money to buy and retain players. We should be using our financial advantage to sign all the juniors we can knowing that when they come near first grade the other clubs will be paying 200k more to poach them than they would have to offer if they were already on their books as juniors.

We would have had 200k of development player funding available, but this could have also been spent on Alex Glenn already. It does confuzzle me how how would leave broncs to Warriors. Brown is an OK coach and the club wont be near a premiership anytime soon. Next year will be back to regular travelling for them...I wouldnt take it even if they offered me 200k more. Just bamboozled by this the more i think about it.

Can't blame the Broncos here or the kid. No fucking way should we have matched that offer and if you were 19 in an industry that spits most out in under 10 years that was offered 600k, don't fucking lie and say you wouldn't take it guaranteed for 3 years.
I don't think anyone has blamed the kid for taking the offer

Well Gould is taking credit and bragging about it.
Pretty sure you are right tbh. Some Titans fans noticed Gould was on the GC a few weeks ago and were concerned as there wasn't exactly any warriors related footy here. Doesn't Walsh live down here too?

Active Now

• Wild Horse
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.