NEWS Reece Walsh to save QLD

I think the thing that makes this one so bad is we have guys who have made and continue to make a living out of identifying tallent.

I get the argument that had we of paid him 400k and he flopped people would have complained. My point is, such is his obvious tallent that if our R&R were on their game there would have been no risk as they could have seen he was first grade ready and an absolute star.

Surely he showed enough tallent for our guys to see he was worth the 400k.

Guys like David FIifita, Payne Hass and Ponga who just own every game they play coming through the ranks aren't big risks when offering those 400k contracts at a young age.

Compare that to guys like Dearden and i would even say Coates who have showed glimpses without been standouts at every minute. I would argue that offering them a contract simialr to what Warriors offered Walsh are the real risk.

Given the overall vibe in this thread, I anticipate this won’t be particularly well received.

However, Walsh should think about parking that showboating, looking straight at the camera, swan diving shit when he scores a try until after his balls drop and he’s been in the NRL more than 10mins.

Sure, he might end up being the best fullback to ever lace a boot. But the way his (as 1910 so aptly put it) big dawg manager pumped him up, the fact he was too impatient to even wait a few weeks for an opportunity at the Broncos and that he already looks like a fucking lair, I can’t help but wonder if he’s heading down the same path as Tim Smith.

So I’m happy to wait and see if he really is all that and a bag of po-tay-tow chips before I commit harakiri.

Whats done is done. Hurts like hell but nothing we can do about it. Maybe Cobbo will turn out to be just as good.

Given the overall vibe in this thread, I anticipate this won’t be particularly well received.

However, Walsh should think about parking that showboating, looking straight at the camera, swan diving shit when he scores a try until after his balls drop and he’s been in the NRL more than 10mins.

Sure, he might end up being the best fullback to ever lace a boot. But the way his (as 1910 so aptly put it) big dawg manager pumped him up, the fact he was too impatient to even wait a few weeks for an opportunity at the Broncos and that he already looks like a fucking lair, I can’t help but wonder if he’s heading down the same path as Tim Smith.

So I’m happy to wait and see if he really is all that and a bag of po-tay-tow chips before I commit harakiri.
Just wanted to add the following to the above:

Reminder, Isaako was NRL ROTY in 2018...

There wasn't a decent trade on offer.

That wasn't the issue.

Letting him go because $450,000 was considered overs for the best fullback prospect coming through was the issue.

In fairness the whole situation highlights how awful the trade window is but fair play to the Warriors for exploiting it.

Even that I can kind of accept. What I can’t accept is that seemingly Piakura, Flegler, and Staggs were all seen as must keeps and paid huge amounts based on potential but the one with the most potential and in a position of highest need was deemed not worthy.

**** me, how do you decide to risk it all on Flegler and a second rower. Why not let Riki walk instead of signing 2 young 2nd rows.

Baffles the mind.

As upsetting as this is, do we all still feel the same if we sign Hynes?

Reviving these two Walsh threads is like digging out your ex's photos. Nothing good can come of it.

I'll say it again, this is the most monumental fuckup since signing Jack Bird, and even that can be put down to bad luck. If Walters turns out to be a flop, this was the canary in the coal mine.

Off topic a bit but there was another one this week in the 14's. Freak of a footy player from Mackay region. Carved the carnival up and was voted best at the tournament. Still a long way to go obviously before nrl but he has just switched to cowboys (he was in the broncos system).... the kid is a fullback and his last name is dittman. He is lightning quick, great shape with good height and incredible footy vision..

Off topic a bit but there was another one this week in the 14's. Freak of a footy player from Mackay region. Carved the carnival up and was voted best at the tournament. Still a long way to go obviously before nrl but he has just switched to cowboys (he was in the broncos system).... the kid is a fullback and his last name is dittman. He is lightning quick, great shape with good height and incredible footy vision..
9 year contract at $550k a year I reckon

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Behold
  • Accept
  • Allo
  • Skathen
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Hurrijo
  • bazza
  • Foordy
  • Bish
  • Porthoz
  • Pablo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • winslow_wong
  • NSW stables
  • Battler
  • Brocko
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Johnny92
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.