REFS named for game 3 - difference of a tantrum

anzac7

anzac7

NYC Player
Sep 25, 2011
Exactly same ref line up has been named for game 3 (including vid refs and touchies etc).

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...-suncorp-stadium/story-e6frfghx-1226409141052

I don't mind Archer too much and am not really phased at the same line up - but interested to hear peoples opinions on this. Yes, there were some mistakes in game 1, but in contrast to game 2 - were they really that different to warrant to different reactions?

Game 1 we have one ref bascially down graded even from the NRL and a video ref gone for their mistakes. There were mistakes in game 2, but no whinge.

The major difference I can see is Ricky's sooky tantrum which brought big results in the end. Why can't they (the ref selectors) just assess the performance alone? Isn't that what they are paid to do? Is it another penny in Mal's post origin article from last year?

I'm over the ref situation in general, Every week it seems we get more articles about refs from the weekend than we do the actual games.

Refs **** up, shit happens.. discuss it behind closed doors and stop making the NRL look stupid.

I'm over the ref situation in general, Every week it seems we get more articles about refs from the weekend than we do the actual games.

Refs **** up, shit happens.. discuss it behind closed doors and stop making the NRL look stupid.

Exactly, so why two very different results? It's so blatant that Ricky's sook carried so much weight...

QLD team did not carry on at all like Ricky about calls in game two, why can't the officials just do it themselves 'behind closed doors'? If NSW were QLD in game 2, do you seriously think the same refs would be named? Ricky would have sooked and at least some change would have been made..

Last edited:

Say nothing, fix nothing. While they're getting their arses handed to them in the media they have some pressure on them to fix the shit.

The only thing that makes the NRL look stupid is the useless ****ing refs, and the halfwit players who can't handle their alcohol or control their *****.

Yes. Game 1 they were horrible. Game 2 they were near faultless. No real big complaints at all. THAT's the difference. It has nothing to do with Ricky's complaining. The better refs got the job, end of story.

Well i guess if you consider jennings punching the ball out and QLD not getting the drop out "near faultless" then ok....

IMO, the quality was no different to game 1. In game 1 they got the bird tackle wrong. Thats it.

In game 2 they definitely got the jennings thing wrong.

1 fault in each game, yet NSW whinged so much they got the refs changed.

Well i guess if you consider jennings punching the ball out and QLD not getting the drop out "near faultless" then ok....

IMO, the quality was no different to game 1. In game 1 they got the bird tackle wrong. Thats it.

In game 2 they definitely got the jennings thing wrong.

1 fault in each game, yet NSW whinged so much they got the refs changed.

Exactly! And the Jennings decision was much easier to read/identify than the Inglis try, if you want to compare them.

Maybe Nashy is right, more complaining might see more pressure on the refs - though I don't like it is there any other way? They don't seem to be able to do it themselves. Their motto must be silence means perfect?

Yes. Game 1 they were horrible. Game 2 they were near faultless. No real big complaints at all. THAT's the difference. It has nothing to do with Ricky's complaining. The better refs got the job, end of story.

lol

isnt that always the way it is with NSW?

the referees performances are either "faultless" or "horrible". if NSW win, theyre faultless. if NSW lose, theyre horrible and must be sacked.

the referees missed more things and made more wrong calls in Game 2 than in Game 1.

The Inglis try was the absolute correct call by the rules. birds tackle was debatable, but we see many tackles that are softer get penalised week in week out.

in game 2, QLD were denied a drop out by an incorrect decision in the last 6-7 minutes. we were only 4 points behind at the time. Glen Stewart alone also did about 6-7 blatantly illegal high shots in the first half of the match, yet only 1 was pulled up by the refs.

the refs caved to NSWs whinging in game 2, like they always do. deadset noone must want to ref origin these days, as they know that if/when QLD wins theyll be demoted back to park footy. for a few weeks and be ridiculed in the paper for 3 weeks.

So wait? I'm a QLDer, should I be saying the refs sucked in Game 2? If that's the case, I'm happy to go against what I believe and say they sucked.

Someone get back to me please.

Someone mentioned on NRL on fox awhile back they should've had one experienced origin ref and one debutant origin ref to let them know the gist of it. So Archer and Cecchin would've made sense for game 1.

Last edited:
So wait? I'm a QLDer, should I be saying the refs sucked in Game 2? If that's the case, I'm happy to go against what I believe and say they sucked.

Someone get back to me please.

No, you're a QLD'er so you don't have to waste your energy, even if you do complain nothing will ever happen. Only NSW can kick up a stink and a tantrum to actually get results.

Remember last year when there was all the NSW media talk about QLD players influencing the refs - then you see Gallen in the refs face at every possible interval in the game? If a QLD'er asks the ref a question he is influencing the ref becuase he is such a well known and respected player (as they said), but if Gallen openly questions every single decision it's just part of being a good captain and leader. NSW are kings of double standards, been doing it for years and will keep on doing it for years to come. The fact is they are the only ones who ever get results so what choice is there left for us anyway?

If Mal could pull the strings Ricky could pull then QLD would win for the next 20 years in my opinion...

Mal didn't write that article last year for no reason...

I guess I just prefer to focus on the players who throw away opportunities on the field, rather than whinging and looking to blame someone else.

The refs make mistakes because they are human beings. It's that simple. It annoys me that NSW whinge like a bunch of little bitches.

What gets me, is that in this thread we have people who have, and no doubt will again, have a go at people like Rocky and Dukey for complaining about the officials, doing exactly that.

I choose to cop it sweet. There is not one game where the refs have won or lost a game for the team. It's just the fans choose to look at the ref performance, and forget about the fact that their team played like shit.

NSW played better in Game 2. QLD forwards are to blame, not the refs.

I guess I just prefer to focus on the players who throw away opportunities on the field, rather than whinging and looking to blame someone else.

The refs make mistakes because they are human beings. It's that simple. It annoys me that NSW whinge like a bunch of little bitches.

What gets me, is that in this thread we have people who have, and no doubt will again, have a go at people like Rocky and Dukey for complaining about the officials, doing exactly that.

I choose to cop it sweet. There is not one game where the refs have won or lost a game for the team. It's just the fans choose to look at the ref performance, and forget about the fact that their team played like shit.

NSW played better in Game 2. QLD forwards are to blame, not the refs.

none of us are blaming the refs for qlds loss nashy. we are all just pointing out that while rocky things game 1 was horrible reffing, and game 2 was brilliant, both games had the same amount of 50/50 calls etc. Difference is, QLD dont whinge like nswankers.

Oh for sure, we lost game 2 for that exact reason (EDIT: this is not sarcasm) - we had it for the taking and didn't. I guess what I'm getting at is before the players run onto the field NSW has always had that advantage going into a game (the refs). The refs would be more mindful of making a dubious/borderline call against NSW than against QLD simply because of who is breathing down their necks - they can't escape it because of the history, it is in their minds and as you said, they are only human, it remains there throughout the game.

I personally think Archer is one of the best SOO refs we've had for a while, but game 1 this year is the first time I can remember feeling the refs were a bit more on our side - like some justice was done in the game, and look how that ended... Seriously, the first time I felt that and then I knew what NSW feel like every other game (as far as refs are concerned).

Last edited:
none of us are blaming the refs for qlds loss nashy. we are all just pointing out that while rocky things game 1 was horrible reffing, and game 2 was brilliant, both games had the same amount of 50/50 calls etc. Difference is, QLD dont whinge like nswankers.

The fact that people can remember the 50/50 calls just shows me that they care too much about what the refs are doing.

The fact that people can remember the 50/50 calls just shows me that they care too much about what the refs are doing.

:S just means we care about our team winning. how can u not notice things like jennings hitting the ball out and NOT getting the drop out lol. hardly cost us the game, but at the time i was pissed coz it was such a bad call

I was pissed, until the next day, when I woke up. That's usually about the time my brain sub consciously reminds me that it has far more important things to get upset over and worry about than a football match.

Whenever QLD loose, in the courier mail report most of the comments are acussing the refs of showing favouritism to NSW. Back at work the next day some QLD fans were also saying that the refs were cheating.

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Battler
  • Mustafur
  • Allo
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • Organix
  • ThomasovPreaf
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.