Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Steve Renouf casts doubts
on Darius Boyd’s ability to play centre

Chris Honnery,
The Courier-Mail
September 23, 2019 8:32am

Last edited by a moderator:
...i cant seriously even see him making it onto the run on side for game 1 2020 season....i really cant...

But what do i know..?

Boyd is a protected species, one of the reasons this club fucked up this year and hopefully, not next year

Last edited:
Didn't Boyd get smoked when filling in there this season? My guess is the conversation sis more "no spots guaranteed, but if you do earn one, centre is it" Be interesting to see if Boyd is picked in trial matches at centre.

Didn't Boyd get smoked when filling in there this season? My guess is the conversation sis more "no spots guaranteed, but if you do earn one, centre is it" Be interesting to see if Boyd is picked in trial matches at centre.

Boyd didn't play there this season

Boyd didn't play there this season

I'm sure he did during games no? Wasn't he at center when turnstiled by Ramien? I know when Moses lapped him he was playing at 6.

He will get at least half a dozen games to prove himself, at which point if he fails he will/should be dropped. If hes adamant and doesn’t want to leave, we can Ill afford to let him trigger his 15 nrl game clause

He will get at least half a dozen games to prove himself, at which point if he fails he will/should be dropped. If hes adamant and doesn’t want to leave, we can Ill afford to let him trigger his 15 nrl game clause

If Boyd fails there then there’s a good chance Oates won’t be seeing much ball either.

Is this the twilight zone? Not good enough for fullback - go to the halves. Not good enough for the halves - go to centre.

What is keeping him in the team??
[automerge]1569202130[/automerge]
Edit: Who cares what he is paid? if he won't leave voluntarily, pay him out or reserves.

Last edited:
Is this the twilight zone? Not good enough for fullback - go to the halves. Not good enough for the halves - go to centre.

What is keeping him in the team??
[automerge]1569202130[/automerge]
Edit: Who cares what he is paid? if he won't leave voluntarily, pay him out or reserves.
Probably to stop him suing the club for Wayne Bennett grooming him... (obviously joking)

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Spoon
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • azza.79
  • Battler
  • Jazza
  • Lurker
  • Ozired
  • ChewThePhatt
  • leon.bott
  • Johnny92
  • Bucking Beads
  • Culhwch
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.