NEWS Right price to deliver Storm’s Brodie Croft to Broncos

We'd free up about 900k and have a player that would contribute just as much, if not more than Milford does.
[automerge]1570510197[/automerge]

I seriously just think Milford is a waste of money.

Man it would have been funny to see a club continuously sign Ben Roberts on a 1 mil a year contract. These sorts of players can only offer so much to a team.
You may have gotten more bites had you said we should have kept kniko instead of milf, but saying fogarty instead of milf is just ridiculous and no one will take that seriously.

Last edited:
If we want a depth half from the ISC there are heaps to choose from all of whom would do a decent job as backup. Fogarty is one, but there is Cullen, Scarlett, Murphy, Jacks, Gamble or even somebody like Josh Cleeland who was always one of my favourite players. Tough and a smart player, shame he never got an opportunity down at Cronulla. Problem is with all of them, none of them are anything special. We had Shaun Nona here and ability wise he was on a par with all of those.

Currently, our half options are Milf, Dearden, SoS, Paix and Bird. We can probably write off Dearden and Bird for next year, so that leaves us with Paix, Milf, and Dearden. IF we sign one more half i think we will be fine, we dont need more than 4 really.

At the moment, we badly need fullback and a left center. I dont think we have anyone who will be here next year who is ready to play in those positions on a regular basis. I actually think we need another hooker as well. I'm not convinced we can rely on our two over the course of the season.

Absent the Croft signing is somewhat irrelevant, we're going to sign either him or Sezer, that's pretty much guaranteed at this point. Our depth will be fine with Croft/Sezer, Milford & Dearden. Not even factoring in the other less impressive options we could use. You'll struggle to find a club that has 5 or more halves on the books in their top 30.

Not so sure we are guaranteed to sign one of Croft or Sezer. I do think we will make a halves signing, I am just doubtful it will be one of those two.

If we want a depth half from the ISC there are heaps to choose from all of whom would do a decent job as backup. Fogarty is one, but there is Cullen, Scarlett, Murphy, Jacks, Gamble or even somebody like Josh Cleeland who was always one of my favourite players. Tough and a smart player, shame he never got an opportunity down at Cronulla. Problem is with all of them, none of them are anything special. We had Shaun Nona here and ability wise he was on a par with all of those.

Currently, our half options are Milf, Dearden, SoS, Paix and Bird. We can probably write off Dearden and Bird for next year, so that leaves us with Paix, Milf, and Dearden. IF we sign one more half i think we will be fine, we dont need more than 4 really.

At the moment, we badly need fullback and a left center. I dont think we have anyone who will be here next year who is ready to play in those positions on a regular basis. I actually think we need another hooker as well. I'm not convinced we can rely on our two over the course of the season.

Why?
[automerge]1570512568[/automerge]
Also you made an error.

Last edited:

Jamal Fogarty has been trying for years to crack the NRL and has not given up.

If anything, this shows immense commitment and dedication to the sport.

It also shows the fact that it's taking him this long, he just isn't good enough to crack the NRL.

Jamal Fogarty has been trying for years to crack the NRL and has not given up.

If anything, this shows immense commitment and dedication to the sport.

We could literally just release Milford and put Fogarty at 6 and end up being better off as a club. What does Milf provide? Attacking spark? Well, we don't need that anymore.. And it's definitely not worth 1 mil now.

Go and have a chat to most players playing ISC. They pretty much all havent given up hope of playing NRL. Its not something exclusive to Foggy.

I actually dont think so, but Redcliffe will give him plenty of help

What's he doing that tells you his head still isn't screwed on right? Partying I imagine?

One thing that might help Fogarty crack the NRL this year is that his coach at Burleigh is now on the coaching staff at the Titans.
[automerge]1570514965[/automerge]
What's he doing that tells you his head still isn't screwed on right? Partying I imagine?

I'm not sure so much its the partying. I don't think he does anything excessive, its just him not taking his career as seriously as he should.

Last edited:
I'm not sure so much its the partying. I don't think he does anything excessive, its just him not taking his career as seriously as he should.

Yeah, fair enough. He lost a fairly close friend at the end of last year which may have a affected him. At least they were close friends before he left for the Roosters, not sure if they stayed in contact so I could be talking out my arse here.

What about kata for centre ?

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncorob
  • Redux
  • Strop
  • Jazza
  • Bronx48
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Inknition
  • Lewisuhahix
  • Galah
  • Morkel
  • Old Mate
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • Fozz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Culhwch
  • Midean
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.