NEWS Right price to deliver Storm’s Brodie Croft to Broncos

B9BF1075 C0FF 47A3 9B98 F72C5119D5A4
8DCA103F 3362 4000 A27D 54CB9F28BB9A

And you think swapping him for Fogarty would be an improvement?

Milf hasn't turned out to be the next Locky or anything - but he's been dealt pretty shitty cards with halves partners since 2015, no?

Overpaid, yes. But Milf is not the problem with this team.
I don't even think he's overpaid. At least, he wasn't when he signed. Yes 2019 wasn't a good year, but it wasn't good for anyone.

When Milford resigned he was arguable the best 6 in the comp. Or at least right up there with Munster. I'd argue his kicking game has developed a lot more than Munster too. Milford is 1 decent halves partner away from being a top tier 6 in my opinion.

2018, Macca and boyd were on a downturn and offering next to nothing in attack and Nikorima offered nothing in terms of leadership or living game. 2019, Boyd and Macca were worse, and Milford went through Nikorima, Bird, Dearden and Turpin as halves partners before moving to fullback.

Curious as to who is advising Brisbane on how to negotiate, if they really want Croft then the meeting which was leaked to the media seems dumb. Instead of being in a position of power they seem desperate and at the mercy of another club. The coach swap was amateur hour and once again they left all of the power with the other party (Bellamy) and seemed to wait until he hummed and hahed and turned them down. A powerful club should not tolerate that, even something as simple as a time deadline regains control for someone playing you in the media.

Last edited:
Curious as to who is advising Brisbane on how to negotiate, if they really want Croft then the meeting which was leaked to the media seems dumb. Instead of being in a position of power they seem desperate and at the mercy of another club. The coach swap was amateur hour and once again they left all of the power with the other party (Bellamy) and seemed to wait until he hummed and hahed and turned them down. A powerful club should not tolerate that, even something as simple as a time deadline regains control for someone playing you in the media.
100% agree.

But I guess we are rebuilding. We need to get back to that point.

Right now, we are desperate.

Anyone else think that basically sounds like he is all but signed, just waiting on the paper work?

Yeah that's how it read to me. He almost sounds impatient just to get on with it.

Last edited:
Should be interesting to how he goes managing the young aussie team around the field.

Fogarty has signed with the Knights, so can drop that option.

Should be interesting to how he goes managing the young aussie team around the field.

Fifita has been captain in every side he's played, Keebra, Qld 16, Murri U16 Qld, , Qld 18 and Souths Mal Meninga, didn't captain Souths ISC but he only played four games.

He's a future Broncos' captain, he's a natural leader with Carrigan.

Last edited:
Anyone else think that basically sounds like he is all but signed, just waiting on the paper work?

Yup i read it that way too, but it may be because I wanted to :)

Fifita has been captain in every side he's played, Keebra, Qld 16, Murri U16 Qld, , Qld 18 and Souths Mal Meninga, didn't captain Souths ISC but he only played four games.

He's a future Broncos' captain, he's a natural leader with Carrigan.

Well then why the **** have we not been having him in the discussion for captain??

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Fitzy
  • Allo
  • kiwi2
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncsgoat
  • Robboi_321
  • Brocko
  • Xzei
  • Tmac
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bish
  • Harry Sack
  • Fatboy
  • Foordy
  • Mister Wright
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncos4life
  • jd87
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.