RLIF Awards 2012

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
"QUEENSLAND and Kangaroos captain Cameron Smith has today been named the RLIF International Player of the Year – the highest individual honour in world Rugby League."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...orlds-best-20121017-27r1l.html?skin=text-only

Smith also picked up hooker of the year. Other winners included Craig Bellamy for coach of the year, only the second coach to win it twice (hasler is the other), barba as fullback of the year, and Cronk as halfback of the year.

Apart from winger of the year, which I can't comment on cause I don't even know who the winner is since he plays in England, I think they got every one of them right.

An aside - article says slater won in 2011 as well as 2008 but he didn't lol. Thurston took it in 2011.

Last edited:
All fair enough except for prop which was quite easily James Tamou, the guy was well and truly the games best prop this year.

All fair enough except for prop which was quite easily James Tamou, the guy was well and truly the games best prop this year.

He was a machine for sure. Graham wasn't as dominant a ball runner but added ball playing which transformed the Dogs into grand finalists. I can see pros for either one.

I'd go Tamou because he actually did the hard yakka and didn't come off the bench when things had softened up.

I'd like to know if this team sang the QLD song...

Unread

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Lostboy
  • Big Del
  • Fozz
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • BruiserMk1
  • Galah
  • Stix
  • Foordy
  • Mr Fourex
  • ChewThePhatt
  • davidp
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bucking Beads
  • Justwin
  • Dazza 92
  • GCBRONCO
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.