RLWC 2021 Week 1 Discussion

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Excellent team try from Lebanon. Some good coaching, they're playing a good game plan.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Pretty good run by one of the backup fullbacks at the Roosters

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
And he gets his own try now. At least he's improving his golf game while biding his time at centre at Bondi

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Doueihi sent off for dissent after kicking off.

One of the most bizarre things I've seen.

This is going to get ugly.

EDIT: It's difficult to make out what he said on the live mic. Once there was a collision you can hear somebody shouting in the background but Vossy is talking all over the explanation. I'm sure FoxSports will leak the audio soon enough.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Manu is taking the piss with how good he is. Such a shame we don’t get to watch him play fullback weekly in the NRL

How good was that try last night. I can't stand the Roosters and the rubbish they get away with with the salary cap but man, Manu is an amazing player. It is also why I am so adamant we keep Herbie, I reckon he is a very similar player.

IceWorks

IceWorks

NRL Player
May 10, 2019
Brooks to the Dolphins would be a twist...
The Dolphins really need to find someone to come in and play halfback because Milford is no longer good enough to be a top line footy player. They should be in it up to their ears with Luke Brooks and Tom Turbobitch at this point. Brooks is a massive upgrade on anyone they already have despite not being very good himself.

1 Tommy Trbojevic
6 Kodi Nikorima
7 Luke Brooks
9 Jeremy Marshall King

is so much better than

1 Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
6 Anthony Milford
7 Sean O'Sullivan
9 Jeremy Marshall-King
Brooks to Redcliffe seems like the sort of signing that Old Salt has been chasing.. wonder if that is being discussed anywhere?

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
Brooks to the Dolphins would be a twist...

Brooks to Redcliffe seems like the sort of signing that Old Salt has been chasing.. wonder if that is being discussed anywhere?
Knights have been the only one linked to him i think and probably the most likely dependingon what the tigpies kick in

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Pretty good run by one of the backup fullbacks at the Roosters
It's one of the most annoying things for me. I've been jerking off over Manu and his ability to play 1 for over 5 years and the fact he doesn't play there week to week in the NRL is so frustrating. Could be the games #1#1

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Milford notwithstanding, on paper, Samoa have a reasonably strong team ... I can't believe they had 60 put on them.

Follow Bronco's fans "go-to".....blame Milford for everything.

Once you've reconciled this....it gets easier.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
If it's true that Atkins sent Doueihi off for saying 'when are you going to give us some f'ing calls' then that's incredibly harsh in the current climate.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
If it's true that Atkins sent Doueihi off for saying 'when are you going to give us some f'ing calls' then that's incredibly harsh in the current climate.

I'm on the side of the ref here but unfortunately, it is once again inconsistent. It does highlight the problem of refs being too familiar with the players. Refs should be calling players by number only and ANY backchat should have a player sent off but alas, this is not the way it is...it is in union though.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Getting sent for that.

A tad ridiculous. Cheese got 10 for calling the ref a fucking cheat. Hodkinson got 10 in the past for saying to the ref that they cost them the game. JWH has got 10 for similar words.

Never seen someone sent for asking for some fucking calls.

There's gotta be more to it. Doueihi must have been in the refs ear all game and he just finally had enough. The only way I can see a justification for being sent but even that is a bit of a stretch.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I'm on the side of the ref here but unfortunately, it is once again inconsistent. It does highlight the problem of refs being too familiar with the players. Refs should be calling players by number only and ANY backchat should have a player sent off but alas, this is not the way it is...it is in union though.
If it's a line in the sand moment that's fantastic but as you said, the referees have to establish a different relationship with the players.

If that's the actual quote, the only justification is that Doueihi had peppered him a few times and the referee had enough. Swearing at the referee to receive some calls has been accepted for decades.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
This was pretty good. Too bad they didn't put that same effort into their performance.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
France vs Greece kick off very soon.

This should be a convincing win for France. They have the better side out of the two.

Active Now

• Rambstien
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • Jedhead
  • pennywisealfie
  • Spoon
  • Robboi_321
  • eggstar10
  • Astro
  • Aldo
  • Galco
  • broncos4life
  • bazza
  • marw
  • Brocko
  • LittleDavey
  • Manofoneway
  • Morkel
  • BroncoFan94
  • Shane Tronc
... and 32 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.