RLWC 2021 Week 1 Discussion

Probably why they kept trying to play the power game which England handled really well. They muscled up in defence and the Samoan big forwards couldn't handle it.

They had no variety in attack whatsoever. The only time they really looked good was at the end of the first half when they nearly scored, but they didn't keep that up in the second half and capitulated.

England tore them apart on every part of the field. They threw the ball around and took advantage of their speed around the ruck and just completely carved them up.
They looked to me like a team with no game plan whatsoever. Whether that comes down to the coach or having no one on the field to carry out the plan, I don’t know.

But in fairness, England were very good with the ball. Punch holes up the middle with fast play the balls, and when Samoa started to tire, they tore them apart. I was as impressed with England as I was disappointed with Samoa.

Scotland vs Italy coming up.

I think Scotland will win this one, but it could go either way really.

Logan Bayliss starting at prop for Scotland.

Keen to see how he goes.

That's the second set in a row Scotland have had the ball knocked out of their hands due to the hooker not paying attention.

Good start for Logan.

A couple of strong runs to start off the game.

That's a try.

It's knocked out as he's trying to ground it and Scotland get the ball back and score out wide.

I like the video ref system in the UK.

They talk through it, explaining what they're looking for and the angle you see is the angle they're looking at.

Took me a few moments to realize James Graham is one of the commentators.

How many consecutive penalties do Italy have to concede until someone is put in the bin?

That's 4 in a row.

That was pretty lazy defence from Scotland.

Italy all over them at the moment.

Why did Atkinson pass the ball?

He didn't need to. He was in. Bombed try from Italy. That would have just about been the nail in the coffin.

Italy's defence has been good, but Scotland aren't throwing much at them.

That was poor.

Ferguson had to get 10.

That was stupid from him.

That was an excellent tackle from Polselli on Gahan. Try saver.

Italy follow up with some good scramble defence to keep Scotland out.

Good half from Italy. They are in control of this game. Scotland have had their chances but they aren't playing patient in attack, forcing passes and just coming up with some poor options.

Italy in again. Maizen scoring in the corner.

Oh that was clever from Polselli.

Saw Maizen was unmarked and fakes to go right from dummy half, turns and passes it to Maizen who scores in the corner and has a double. Caught Scotland off guard.

Scotland are lost.

They don't know what to do.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • bb_gun
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Spike
  • Bronx48
  • BooKhaki
  • Hurrijo
  • theshed
  • Broncorob
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.