RLWC 2021 Week 3 Discussion

Who are the best New Zealand eligible goal kickers currently playing?

Isaako is the only kiwi sharp shooter that comes to mind. Johnson is alright. Nikorima? Patrick Herbert?

You wouldn’t really want any of these guys in your 17. Herbert you could maybe justify if he was a sharp shooter but he’s probably the weakest kicker of that bunch. Niko off the bench maybe?

They are struggling for goal kickers unless Wayne gives Isaako a brain transplant.

They don't really have anyone in their current squad. Their best options are Isaako and Johnson.

Their best option in their current squad would probably be Foran.

If Bennett can get Isaako back to his 2018 form, which I actually think he will, you would definitely have him in the side and he would provide them a genuine sharpshooter. Apart from that Maguire is going to need to get Halligan working overtime with someone to turn them into a good goal kicker.

They have a very strong squad, probably the strongest they have had in a long time, but their lack of goal kickers is going to hurt them.

They don't really have anyone in their current squad. Their best options are Isaako and Johnson.

Their best option in their current squad would probably be Foran.

If Bennett can get Isaako back to his 2018 form, which I actually think he will, you would definitely have him in the side and he would provide them a genuine sharpshooter. Apart from that Maguire is going to need to get Halligan working overtime with someone to turn them into a good goal kicker.

They have a very strong squad, probably the strongest they have had in a long time, but their lack of goal kickers is going to hurt them.
Isaako’s 2018 form is a myth anyway. It just seemed like he was the next big outside back because he’d pull out his diamond moments and every one thought “wow imagine how good he’ll be when he irons out the creases and develops into a consistent first grader”. His poor positioning and awareness was forgiven because he was a rookie but he never improved. 2018 was better than recent times but it was not some huge fall from grace.

I actually went back and watched a lot of that season. Basically the same old Isaako. Of course you could cherry pick moments or the occasional game where it sticks but you could do that with any season of his - that’s the definition of rocks and diamonds.

Who are the best New Zealand eligible goal kickers currently playing?

Isaako is the only kiwi sharp shooter that comes to mind. Johnson is alright. Nikorima? Patrick Herbert?

You wouldn’t really want any of these guys in your 17. Herbert you could maybe justify if he was a sharp shooter but he’s probably the weakest kicker of that bunch. Niko off the bench maybe?

They are struggling for goal kickers unless Wayne gives Isaako a brain transplant.
Rapana is Canberra's third choice and that probably puts him top.

After him though I suspect DWZ would be next in line since he was NZs kicker in the past and then it starts to get obscure, Foran is a terrible kicker you really wouldn't want him unless your really desperate.

Ben Hunt is omitted from the QF, wow. He’s been really good and works with Grant really well. My guess is to accommodate both Cleary and DCE for some reason. I hope one of them can play 9 if Grant gets injured and he is pretty injury prone.

Ben Hunt is omitted from the QF, wow. He’s been really good and works with Grant really well. My guess is to accommodate both Cleary and DCE for some reason. I hope one of them can play 9 if Grant gets injured and he is pretty injury prone.
Fucking hell... Mal is such a weak coach... why is he so unwilling to admit that Cleary has surpassed Cherry.

Fucking hell... Mal is such a weak coach... why is he so unwilling to admit that Cleary has surpassed Cherry.

I think Munster is having a pretty big say in this. It's going to come down to who he prefers to partner in the halves and while Cleary is the better player out of the two, it doesn't necessarily mean he'll be the better partner for Munster.

Active Now

• achievedrap
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fatboy
  • kiwibronco
  • Bish
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.