Roosters in Match Fixing Scandal

Wow. That's a shit load of money. Two positions.

Roosters are safe because they have a dumb owner who continually puts up with financial losses to support a team of bums.

schmix said:
So good they're the best AND second best?
LOL, I meant just behind the Broncos.
I hope Roosters actually get caught but for some reaosn I get a feeling it's going to be one of those things where everyone knows they did it but it'll never be "proven". I wonder if it does get proven how the NRL will react? Bulldogs got punished with a $500,000 fine for something when they were later proven innocent so I wonder what will happen here. Surely the Roosters CEO being on the NRL board(correct me if I'm wrong) is just not right.

What makes this story even funnier is that the Roosters can't even get away with game fixing.

It'll never be proven, so they will get away with it (assuming the story is true)

The Gymp said:
Roosters are safe because they have a dumb owner who continually puts up with financial losses to support a team of bums.

Are you sure you're not talking about Souths? [icon_razz1 [icon_lol1.

broncosil said:
The Gymp said:

Seeing as Souths will be the only Sydney team who is making a profit this year and this is without a leagues club grant, then no.

Twiztid said:
broncosil said:
The Gymp said:

Seeing as Souths will be the only Sydney team who is making a profit this year and this is without a leagues club grant, then no.

How are they doing it? Is it money coming in from investments alone? If so, then that's not really a positive IMO. Clubs should be able to have a decent income from the game they play.

PS. This is not a dig, it's a serious question.

If Souths made a genuine profit based on ticket sales and membership I would be impressed, any "profit" they may have made would be on the back of Rusty's wallet and his influence with movie deals like "State of Play" the club is sh!t.

Membership, sponsorship, events, ANZ agreement takings, merchandise, streamlined staff and the business to run better and smarter etc. I don't think Russell or Peter have put much money into the club for a while.

Almost all clubs in NSW rely on the grants from the Leagues club to cover the short falls. Roosters and Cronulla are probably the worst hit this year for having to be dug out by their leagues clubs with million dollar grants to make the loss look better.

Twiztid said:
Membership, sponsorship, events, ANZ agreement takings, merchandise, streamlined staff and the business to run better and smarter etc. I don't think Russell or Peter have put much money into the club for a while.

Almost all clubs in NSW rely on the grants from the Leagues club to cover the short falls. Roosters and Cronulla are probably the worst hit this year for having to be dug out by their leagues clubs with million dollar grants to make the loss look better.

Fair enough I will take your word for it, at least you have some business people and sugar daddies to fall back on if things go sour.

The Gymp said:
Fair enough I will take your word for it, at least you have some business people and sugar daddies to fall back on if things go sour.
You offering your services to the club?

I sure am sweet!

But no, I respectfully decline. My sevices for 2010 will be with the mighty Gympie Devils!

broncospwn said:
Bulldogs are financially very strong actually, just behind the Bulldogs. The roosters are far from that.

"considering they got the spoon last year, has Camp Quality as a major jersey sponsor, who I don't think would pay heaps and spent the majority of the season without a front jersey sponsor until Jaycar jumped on the old bandwagon towards the end of the year"

Again - I haven't really heard anything to refute these points - I can't see how they could have magically become this financial powerhouse

- Roosters - the club based in the financial centre of Australia
- Bulldogs - the club that still has memories of having rioting and violent fans and a wooden spoon last year

And I'm sure Camp Quality is actually being supported by the Bulldogs.

Nashy said:
And I'm sure Camp Quality is actually being supported by the Bulldogs.

Hence my point - look at other clubs - getting paid for a logo on the small of their back (I think we are Toyota) - as opposed to in fact loosing money [icon_shru

Sometimes helping sick kids is a nicer feeling than making more money. Especially when the Dogs are one of the better clubs in the money department.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • broncoscope
  • Fitzy
  • Harry Sack
  • Gaz
  • mystico
  • Old Mate
  • Rookie Alan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.